Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Boy, it feels like two days since I've picked.

Oh wait...it has been.  :whistle:

Cap's going to go take a nap.  He is an old guy.  Wake him when its my turn again.

It's a mixed thing for me. On one hand, I want folks to go go go like an annoying DPSer pestering a WoW tank...

on the other hand, if extra time will decrease the chance of a snipe, you know I'll enjoy some elevator music and play it cool ;)

It's a mixed thing for me. On one hand, I want folks to go go go like an annoying DPSer pestering a WoW tank...

on the other hand, if extra time will decrease the chance of a snipe, you know I'll enjoy some elevator music and play it cool ;)

Yet, the first three rounds + have been chocked full of snipes.  I was close to picking Doom in the Stan Lee round, and I foolishly thought he might sneak through to the final round. 

Yet, the first three rounds + have been chocked full of snipes.  I was close to picking Doom in the Stan Lee round, and I foolishly thought he might sneak through to the final round. 

Ideally I would have picked Doom in Round 5 the heavy equipment round but as I'm at the tail end of that round, I couldn't take the risk. 18 characters before I draft again—that is equivalent of 2.25 rosters there...  

*prays to the gods for minimal snipage*

Interesting, my pick served with him in the short-lived Cabal:

Emma Frost

2733319-uncanny_x_men__505___page_13.jpg

Former Hellfire club member, current X-Man (and least cheese-cakey pic I could find)

Lady Pariah up next, and notified!

Good choice, I forgot about her. 

Thx, tho I may have trumped Mrs. Pariah.  . .I will say the power level for my group will start to head south from here on in!

Grrrr!! Arrggg!! Yes, she was my pick.  I have an email in to the Comish about a pick.  As soon as I hear back from him, I'll post. Sorry for the delay, gents.  See above to know who to blame. :angst::winkgrin:  I had a backup but they were also chosen. Much snipeage going on in these games.  I'll be searching for a third backup in case the Comish says no to my pick.  I'm great like that.  Lol.

Okay.  Comish okay'd my pick.

I give you...or rather myself....

Karnilla, Queen of the Norns

Karnilla.jpg

Karnilla pic source

But wait, she's not blonde!?! In my head, she is. LOL. She's big and beautiful. Close enough. I guess I should have taken Amora but I like Karnilla better. More powerful and a better costume.  I have one myself.  (Really?  No.  Not really.  But when is Christmas?) She fits the pick better.  So there you go...

PM'd Skjam!

Okay, I'm going to go obvious with a man who switches polarity quite often....

Magneto (Erik Lensherr), master of electromagnetism!

I thought of Sargon the Sorcerer, who deliberately turned from good to evil as part of his mystic journey, but, well, sorcerer.

The Armies of Heaven select a man who needs no introduction...he says. 

A man who's face turn ended in abrupt, arbitrary, "Marvel" fashion; be cause the X-Titles are a morass of stupid and inexplicable team changes. It's really worse than Pro Wrestling in there. 

The Silver Samurai

2702620-tumblr_mdi38tlofc1qiknbco1_500.j

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKrNdxiBW3Y

The Armies of Heaven select a man who needs no introduction...he says.

A man who's face turn ended in abrupt, arbitrary, "Marvel" fashion; be cause the X-Titles are a morass of stupid and inexplicable team changes. It's really worse than Pro Wrestling in there.

The Silver Samurai

2702620-tumblr_mdi38tlofc1qiknbco1_500.j

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKrNdxiBW3Y

And there goes my Color of Victory Round pick.