Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a tough decision but I'm going to go with Patrick "Eel" O'Brian better known as Plastic Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plastic_Man

2228799-2228798-3447_a_full.jpg

First one of these I've done so far

• 2 bonus points if the character appeared in more than one independent title. Yes Police Comics where he debuted, and Plastic Man #1-64 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quality_Comics#List_of_titles_published_by_Quality_Comics)
  • 2 bonus points if the character was in a movie or TV show. Yes. as well numerous cameos and guest spots in various DC cartoons and animated series, his is most well known outside of comics for his TV series The Plastic Man Comedy/Adventure Show.  
  • 5 bonus points if they're not published by Image. Yes. Big yes. Plastic Man was originally published by Quality Comics. 

Damage Incorporated is: The Hulk (Bruce Banner), Hercules (Marvel), Martian Manhunter, Dr Doom (Dr Victor Von Doom), Batman (Bruce Wayne), Black Canary (Dinah Laurel Lance), Plastic Man (Patrick "Eel" O'Brian). 

That about wraps things up. 

For my 7th pick we go back to those thrilling days of yesteryear: The Rocketeer (Cliff Secord)

2285765-the_rocketeer_by_spidermanfan209

Estimated Bonus Points:

3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours

3 bonus points if the character has never died

3 bonus point if the character has never starred in a TEAM title

2 bonus points if the character appeared in more than one independent title
2 bonus points if the character was in a movie or TV show
5 bonus points if they're not published by Image

Estimated Total: 18 points

And after he posts the last independent, the open and final draft round begins. The options are so open as to boggle the mind! Though the dates they first came into being will be a factor if you're wanting to get that extra point or two.

Good luck folks. May you get the characters you love, or grow to love the characters you get.

Ross: You can’t seriously be considering bringing them in!
Thing: Not “them” general, we can’t draft the team, just an individual.
Black Adam: They are all infants!  You expect us to fight alongside children!?
Destroyer: From what I understand you never had a problem trying to kill a twelve year old, what is your complaint about fighting WITH one?.
Adam: Why you…
Thing: Alright, HOLD IT!  Settle down and we can discuss this…  Now, which one do we want?
Hawkgirl: Ben, I know I said we needed more women on the team, but are you sure this is a good idea?
Thing: Look, these gals protect a whole city.  They’ve fought off mad scientists and robots, giant monsters, clones, and every kind of maniac you could think of.  They’re ready for the big league.
Hawkgirl: So which one do we pick?  The blonde one seems to have the best temperament and takes direction well.  Plus her sonic powers are something we don’t really have.
Sunspot: No, she’s too much of a bubble head.  She can’t stand to hurt anything “cute”, she couldn’t handle a squirrel let alone Squirrel Girl.  I say the red head.  She’s got the freeze and fire breath and as the smartest is the team’s tactician.  We could use a scientist.
Destroyer: Ross is a general and considered a something of a military genius, Black Adam has led a team and defends a whole country.  Not to mention what I could say about the rest of you.  While a new perspective is always good, I doubt a five year old will add a lot to our strategy sessions.
Hawkgirl: So it’s decided?
Ross: You are all insane!
Thing: Yeah, it’s decided.  "She’s the toughest fighter" and physically strongest, she should fit right in with our little family of brawlers.  I’ll make the call…

Round 7 pick:

Buttercup
power_puff_girl_buttercup_6.jpg

• 3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours
  • 3 bonus points if the character has never died*
  • 1 bonus point if the character chosen is female
  • 4 bonus points if the character has never starred in their own solo ONGOING title or MINISERIES
  • 2 bonus points if the character appeared in more than one independent title (Not sure about this, they've had lots of crossovers with other CN characters)
  • 2 bonus points if the character was in a movie or TV show
  • 5 bonus points if they're not published by Image.

Total: 18-20

Round 7 pick:

Buttercup

power_puff_girl_buttercup_6.jpg

• 3 bonus points if the character has never died*
  • 4 bonus points if the character has never starred in their own solo ONGOING title or MINISERIES
  • 2 bonus points if the character appeared in more than one independent title (Not sure about this, they've had lots of crossovers with other CN characters)
  • 2 bonus points if the character was in a movie or TV show
  • 5 bonus points if they're not published by Image.

Total: 18-20

Awesome.

Buttercup is my favorite of the three. 

Final round ahoy!

As the final round begins and people worry about ongoing sniping, I've decided to take the opposite approach.

I have already decided who I am going to select in the final round. If any of you correctly identify AND DRAFT the character in question before I can, I will not only proclaim your brilliance publicly, I will vote for your team every day for the first week. (Unless you're fighting Lady Pariah, because our couch isn't comfortable enough for me to sleep on for five straight nights.)

You heard me right: Snipe my character, win all my votes for the first week.

Limit one selection per player. This offer is not available to employees of PariahCom or their families. Some limitations and exclusions apply. This offer not valid in Nevada, Nova Scotia, Northumberland, New South Wales, our anywhere in South America.

And without further ado, Round 8:

M'gann M'orzz, better known as Miss Martian

WhiteMartian.jpg

Oops, wait, that can't be right....
Miss_Martian_YJTV_h1.jpg

Ah, that's better.

• 3 bonus points if the character has never died* (not sure)
  • 2 bonus points if the character was created before 1956 or after 1986 
  • 2 points if the character has a code-name and a costume

Total: 12-15