Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logan.1179

Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Funny, I was going to say that as a Broncos fan, coming up short in the Finals feels natural to me.

Funny, when he said that, my thought was, "As an Oklahoma State Alum, I know the feeling of that choke in the fourth."

Squirrel Girl did me proud last time. And I was close to snatching her up this time, too. Good choice and may she serve you well, outside of the week we fight against each other. ^^

For today's pick we will be expanding on the Monster Mash theme with a man who looks as devilish as they come but is a true saint at heart - Just like Big Green and Earthy Green. Please lets all have a round of applause as the newest member poofs on state:

X-Men's Night Crawler! 

2-Xmen-Nightcrawler.jpg

Monster Mash now is composed of Big Green, Earthy Green, and Lil' Blue. 

La Rose. 

Are we supposed to be posting our calculations of bonus points? I thought those were decided by the league commissioner as he reviews each entry.

You don't have to post the calculations, but it doesn't hurt. Might even help.

Squirrel Girl did me proud last time. And I was close to snatching her up this time, too. Good choice and may she serve you well, outside of the week we fight against each other. ^^

For today's pick we will be expanding on the Monster Mash theme with a man who looks as devilish as they come but is a true saint at heart - Just like Big Green and Earthy Green. Please lets all have a round of applause as the newest member poofs on state:

X-Men's Night Crawler! 

One of my favorite X-Men ! Excellent choice, sir

One of my favorite X-Men ! Excellent choice, sir

He is most certainly my favorite X-man and possibly my favorite comic book character period. Only Spidy rivals him for me. 

La Rose. 

You don't have to post the calculations, but it doesn't hurt. Might even help.

I've updated my first and second picks. Some of the bonus points are based on how you as the league commissioner call it, so I'll abide by your judgment.

Howdy gents!  Sorry for the delay.  My adorable children had gone missing today.  And, in their place, I have had demon 1 and demon 2.  Luckily my children have resurfaced and I'm able to do my pick.  Here goes....

Pick #2:  Mar-vell

2176413-captain_mar_vell.jpg

In my haste to post my pick yesterday, I neglected to include his theme song.  Here you go...

Okay, I think I have a replacement for Rogue.

Marvel Girl (Jean Grey)

(Incidentally, do you have any idea how hard it is to find a decent picture of her in this costume?!)

Define "decent," please.

Define "decent," please.

The opposite of "indecent"?

Actually, the biggest problem was finding a picture of her that 1) wasn't some variation of the Phoenix costume, 2) wasn't unnecessarily stripperific, and 3) wasn't a cosplayer or an action figure.

Most of what I saw was fan art on DeviantArt or Pinterest.  It was hard to find an 'official' picture of Jean in that outfit.

I'm curious to see what picture the Commissioner comes up with. Most of his were better than mine last season, especially Black Knight (RIP).