Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want that specific costume, I will try to accommodate that for you. No promises, but I'll try.

Well, what I don't want is:

1)  Any variation on the Phoenix costume, because she won't have the Phoenix Force powers; and

2)  That gorram awful blue and gold number she wore with the X-Men back in the 90s.  Because it's gorram awful.

And ideally the costume should be green.

I don't want much, really, I don't.  :angel:

Round 3 Pick: Rogue (X-Men)

5f6835db85faea289a3df92ef39fcd67.jpg

3 bonus points if the character has never died (I think)

1 bonus point if the character chosen is female

2 bonus points if the character is otherwise human (mutant or meta)

1 point if the character's powers are dangerous to them or their environment

3 Point if picked within 24 hours

For 10 points, I think.

Sending a PM to Pariah after this.

I guess she is throwing down the gauntlet... :snicker:

(And won't it be hilarious if Rogue faces off against Carol Danvers? That didn't go to well for Carol in the comics...)

"https://youtu.be/hXydX9p_ZxA" is a shortened URL which is why the board software doesn't pick it up and needs to be expanded to... 

Thanks!  It is fixed now. I took it from the embedded info on Youtube then paste it onto the post which would show the video on the post until I would post it.  Then it would disappear.  I finally just copied the url from the top and it posted.  Should never try to do things when I'm in a hurry.  Had to pick up Demon 1 from school and only had a minute to do it.

Round 2 Summary

bigbywolfe	Destroyer (Marlow)
Steve   	Blonde Phantom
Bazza   	Hercules
CaptnStrawberry	Man Thing
Lady Pariah	Captain Mar-Vell
SKJAM!  	Wonder Woman (Mendoza)
Enforcer84	Hippolyta (Marvel)
The Rose	Groot
Psybolt 	She-Hulk
Pariah  	Tigra
BlueCloud2k2	The Super-Skrull
Hermit  	Hawkeye

Thanks! It is fixed now. I took it from the embedded info on Youtube then paste it onto the post which would show the video on the post until I would post it. Then it would disappear. I finally just copied the url from the top and it posted. Should never try to do things when I'm in a hurry. Had to pick up Demon 1 from school and only had a minute to do it.

So moral of the story--'Demons' have unluck megascaled area-of-effect.

Whilst doing volunteering at the local library, I hear two kids, boy and slightly older girl talk. The younger brother (I presume) says: "you can be Silver Surfer, he doesn't break". The older sister replies back, "why did he die at the end of [inaudible]. The brother repeats that SS can't break, and sis repeats objection. The brother lost the geek "discussion".

Meanwhile I was trying not to laugh out loud.

Question about round 4.  Does it count if the character started as a hero and turned villain in their backstory, or do they have to have been a published hero first to qualify for the bonus points?

Good question. Published, so we viewers have seen them as both.

I was asked but it might be relevant to others; Colossus does not count for Round 4.

I figured.

Hawkeye did well last season, just not for me, so I thought I'd see how it went.

And I've always been an Aquaman fan.

Since snipes were coming strong out of the gate I figured I'd go with some heroes I loved and enjoyed reading rather than maximum points etc. That'll cost me, but heck, I'm a Broncos fan... going from a winning season to falling on my face feels natural to me ;)

Funny, I was going to say that as a Broncos fan, coming up short in the Finals feels natural to me.

As a Broncos fan, I catch all kinds of crap from KC Chiefs fans. One of my former supervisors once asked (back in 2008 or so), "So when are you gonna drop the Broncos and be a fan of a real team?"

My response: "At least my team has been to a super-bowl more recently, let alone won one."

His response: "Point. F*** you, but point."

I do believe I hit a nerve, there.

As a Broncos fan, I catch all kinds of crap from KC Chiefs fans. One of my former supervisors once asked (back in 2008 or so), "So when are you gonna drop the Broncos and be a fan of a real team?"

My response: "At least my team has been to a super-bowl more recently, let alone won one."

His response: "Point. F*** you, but point."

I do believe I hit a nerve, there.

I hope you take the opportunity to refer to that team as the Chefs at every opportunity.  :rockon:

For pick #3 I choose...

Queen Elsa of Arendelle

Elsa-disney-frozen-35002230-500-580.png

She is featured in a couple of adaptations of the movie.  Here are links to two of the titles here and here. I know there are others out there but these I have personally seen in print. As far as points, I should get 11.

• 3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours
  • 3 bonus points if the character has never died*
  • 1 bonus point if the character chosen is female
  • 2 bonus points if the character is otherwise human (mutant or meta)
  • 1 point if the character had their powers from birth
  • 1 point if the character's powers are dangerous to them or their environment