Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was he born? For some reason I thought he was an experiment gone wrong.

From what i can gather, he was born and constantly experimented upon. 

If Superman is off limits, is it ok to draft the guy who beat him to death?

I share your concerns and asked Lord High Commish if Doomsday was draftable in general, and not to a specific round. The answer to the general question was that Doomsday was allowed. Lord High Commish can post to confirm.  

I added to my question: "He is a Kryptonian like Power Girl". Wikipedia lists his species as "Ancient Kryptonian" so I thought it was worth mentioning. Lord High Commish replied to this but as that was in a PM it would be bad form for me to quote it. So I'll leave that to him. 

Lord High Commish has stated that any questions we should ask so I did. All of us want to play according to the rules. 

Hope that answers your question from my end.

From what i can gather, he was born and constantly experimented upon. 

I share your concerns and asked Lord High Commish if Doomsday was draftable in general, and not to a specific round. The answer to the general question was that Doomsday was allowed. Lord High Commish can post to confirm.  

I added to my question: "He is a Kryptonian like Power Girl". Wikipedia lists his species as "Ancient Kryptonian" so I thought it was worth mentioning. Lord High Commish replied to this but as that was in a PM it would be bad form for me to quote it. So I'll leave that to him. 

Lord High Commish has stated that any questions we should ask so I did. All of us want to play according to the rules. 

Hope that answers your question from my end.

Sounds like you've been bugging the Commish almost as much as I have.

The Season 2 Arena Games

CarlsJr.jpg

and by

Black Kow - The Mature Manure

051524602218lg.jpg

tpage_img_1.jpg

"Hi, do you know me? I'm Hermit. You may recall me in such events as 'Blue Beetle beats everybody, no really' and 'Nightwing can seduce anyone... no really' . Some folks asked me how I manage to convince folks of that. Were they just humoring me? Sure, that helps, but what else helps in selling bull$#it is selling the RIGHT bull$#it. That's why LAUGH uses Black Kow. Black Kow takes a lot of $#it, puts in in attractive package, and sells it. And THAT my friends, is the path to victory."

The opposite of "indecent"?

Actually, the biggest problem was finding a picture of her that 1) wasn't some variation of the Phoenix costume, 2) wasn't unnecessarily stripperific, and 3) wasn't a cosplayer or an action figure.

Most of what I saw was fan art on DeviantArt or Pinterest.  It was hard to find an 'official' picture of Jean in that outfit.

I'm curious to see what picture the Commissioner comes up with. Most of his were better than mine last season, especially Black Knight (RIP).

Ok. I was wondering if by decent you meant "of at least halfway quality artwork" or "not stripperific."

Sorry, Bazza, but upon further review, the officials have declared Doomsday an ineligible receiver for this round. He may come back in a later round, providing he qualifies there. Please choose again. I do apologize for the error, my fault entirely.

Steve is up to pick.

Steve, go ahead and make your selection. Baz may reselect at any time.

It is already super late at night for Bazza. He might not see that message in time. Would it be prudent to give him a freepass on the 24 hour pick rule (for this pick) since he might not have a chance to rethink his pick? At least he goes again soon so he is not likely to get sniped in the next four picks. 

La Rose. 

Pick #3: From the 30th Century: Dream Girl

ahdg.gif

Estimated bonus points:

3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours

3 bonus points if the character has never died*
1 bonus point if the character chosen is female

4 bonus points if the character has never starred in their own solo ONGOING title or MINISERIES

2 bonus points if the character is otherwise human (mutant or meta)
1 point if the character had their powers from birth
1 point if the character's powers are dangerous to them or their environment (not sure on this one, since I'm not sure if narcolepsy counts)

Estimated Total: 14-15 points

It is already super late at night for Bazza. He might not see that message in time. Would it be prudent to give him a freepass on the 24 hour pick rule (for this pick) since he might not have a chance to rethink his pick? At least he goes again soon so he is not likely to get sniped in the next four picks. 

La Rose. 

Oh yes, definitely. I won't penalize him for delay.