Arena Games Season 2-Draft Thread

Logan D. Hurricanes

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what the precedence for a situation like this would be but since Bazza has to repick should we put a hold on things until he is informed he needs to do so? Especially since it's the middle of the night in his time zone. His backup may be picked by a future pick by us. Seems fair but I'm the newbie so I don't know how it has worked in the past.

Not sure what the precedence for a situation like this would be but since Bazza has to repick should we put a hold on things until he is informed he needs to do so? Especially since it's the middle of the night in his time zone. His backup may be picked by a future pick by us. Seems fair but I'm the newbie so I don't know how it has worked in the past.

I justt thought about it and I guess I should have pm'd that question to the Comish instead of the group. No offense meant.

Sorry, Bazza, but upon further review, the officials have declared Doomsday an ineligible receiver for this round. He may come back in a later round, providing he qualifies there. Please choose again. I do apologize for the error, my fault entirely.

Steve is up to pick.

Steve, go ahead and make your selection. Baz may reselect at any time.

Substitute pick: Martian Manhunter.

All good?

Round 3 Pick: Sunspot
2012-05-13_101055_sunspot00.jpg

• 3 bonus points if the pick is selected within 24 hours
  • 3 bonus points if the character has never died*
  • 1 bonus point if the character chosen is non-white (does not apply to non-humans)
  • 4 bonus points if the character has never starred in their own solo ONGOING title or MINISERIES
  • 2 bonus points if the character is otherwise human (mutant or meta)
    Total 13 points

1896303-sunspot_colored_by_windriderx23.

I'm getting all caught up now, but there are lots of PMs with questions on the next round.

What you want in Playing Both Sides is someone that made a deliberate decision to switch sides at some point, even if only temporarily. Mind controlled or brain damaged characters don't count. Thus, no Colossus, no Invisible Woman. Yes, though, on Hawkeye, for example, who started his career as a criminal. (Interestingly, the Avengers have a lot of former criminals on their roster.)

Round 3 - Summary
I Was Born This Way

bigbywolfe Sunspot
Steve Dream Girl
Bazza Martian Manhunter
CaptnStrawberry Lobo
Lady Pariah Queen Elsa
SKJAM! Spider-Girl
Enforcer84 Mister Miracle
The Rose Nightcrawler
Psybolt Squirrel Girl
Pariah Marvel Girl
BlueCloud2k2 Rogue
Hermit Aquaman

My Round 4- Playing both sides pick is:
Teth-Adam, better known as Black Adam
Blackadam52.PNG

• 1 bonus point if the character chosen is non-white (he was supposed to be ancient Egyptian but usually looks pretty white, so not sure if this counts.)
  • 2 bonus points for characters that started as heroes (while his first published appearance is as a villain, his origin is that of a hero and due to time travel story archs it's not just back story, we've seen his original hero self.  Again, not sure if that counts or not.)
  • 2 bonus point if the character is currently a criminal (while he was an "anti-hero" for quite a while, as far as I can tell he is a villain since the new 52 started.)
    Total 5-8

My Round 4- Playing both sides pick is:

Teth-Adam, better known as Black Adam

Blackadam52.PNG

• 1 bonus point if the character chosen is non-white (he was supposed to be ancient Egyptian but usually looks pretty white, so not sure if this counts.)
  • 2 bonus points for characters that started as heroes (while his first published appearance is as a villain, his origin is that of a hero and due to time travel story archs it's not just back story, we've seen his original hero self.  Again, not sure if that counts or not.)
  • 2 bonus point if the character is currently a criminal (while he was an "anti-hero" for quite a while, as far as I can tell he is a villain since the new 52 started.)

Total 5-8

Sniped first thing!

Third major sniping for me. Lucky I have backups. 

The Rose won't be surprised.

This season is going bad for me so far. I've been sniped a few times and pushed up one of my characters from Round 4 to Round 2 to avoid sniping. And my alternate for him just got nixed... So, my round 4 pick may be a pick in name only and not actually appear in the arena since I haven't yet found a suitable replacement for my replacement... 

La Rose. 

This season is going bad for me so far. I've been sniped a few times and pushed up one of my characters from Round 4 to Round 2 to avoid sniping. And my alternate for him just got nixed... So, my round 4 pick may be a pick in name only and not actually appear in the arena since I haven't yet found a suitable replacement for my replacement... 

La Rose. 

Been there, done similar things. I bumped Herc up from Round 8. And originally I was going to draft Hulk in Round 2.