Supers Image game

phoenix240

5 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

Thankyew.  .  .Thankyew.  .  .

(Bows politely as flowers are thrown onstage)

Anyway, let's see what everyone can do with this--

comic-superwoman-actions-different-poses

Becca Monroe was your average model. On a photoshoot one day for a line of superhero-inspired fashion outfits, she was abducted by a group of aliens searching Earth for superheroes to help them with there planetary warlord problem. When it became apparent that she possessed no special powers, instead of taking her home or destroying her, they gave her some using a method which only works on humans.

When she returned, she returned as Wonderbecca (what? Were you expecting her to be called Super Model? That just plain crazy.) Now she fights for justice and truth between photo shoots.

For years, MegaLass was your standard flying brick - super-strong, incredibly fast, and able to survive the toughest attacks with nary a problem.  Then, she discovered she can duplicate.  While her duplicated form is less powerful than her combined form, all of them are still fairly formidable, and there's something to be said for being your own little super-team. 

(There used to be eight MegaLasses, but one was lost in action when Mechanon self-destructed one of his robot assembly bases.)

8 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

comic-superwoman-actions-different-poses

Yeah Supermodel seems too obvious.

She is the doyenne of the Jet Set, she is Supra-Model !

As famous for her magazine covers and features as she is for crime fighting, Supra-Model can fly has greater than normal strength, endurance and agility. She is somewhat bulletproof  but not fully so. She can play at being a ditz as it can sucker the villains into overconfidence and then she can take them down.

Okay, since no one else has joined in I'm giving it to BoloOfEarth for his concept MegaLass, which to my mind best captured the sense of strength and confidence conveyed by the images.  While death tribble and steraica did all right on the power sets, I was a little underwhelmed by the names.  (Wonderbecca?  That sounds like a teenage girl's nickname for her BFF--or her toy terrier.)

Anyway--Well Done, Bolo.  We await your entry with bated breath.

5 hours ago, Tech said:

I rather liked Steriaca's origin.

If Bolo doesn't mind, I'm going to post my first entry here. How about this one?

1835565234_DeepSixFlow_zps354461b9.thumb.jpg.be8ac7c5e7c43859031ff1c67e72345c.jpg

The supervillain known as Toxian was once Profesor Calvin MacCanister. He was working on creating a chemical which allows people to survive in and around environments which are extremely toxic "for the benefit of mankind".  Well a super fight broke out in his lab, and he was knocked into a toxic vat of chemicals. Now rendered unable to live in pure environments, he plans to toxify the world, to "speed up what we are doing to our world anyways".

He is not exactly that heartless. He has perfected his chemicals to allow people to survive such an environment. And once he is done changing the environment to resemble his future vision of Earth, he is planning to give the chemical away, free of charge, to those who wish to survive.

His armor grants him superhuman strength and resistance, and also gives him the toxic environment he needs to live (much like Mister Freeze from Batman). He uses various weapons designed to toxify the environment

On 8/23/2018 at 3:49 PM, Tech said:

1835565234_DeepSixFlow_zps354461b9.thumb.jpg.be8ac7c5e7c43859031ff1c67e72345c.jpg

Toxic City

They tried to get rid of him. They failed. They tried to kill him. That failed as well. So they put him in an experimental suit ('his' he claims) and dropped him into a chemical vat. That should have been the end of it. It wasn't. He arose from the tank vowing revenge. But he does not know who to take revenge on or who he is. He was dubbed Toxic City by the media after a blogger failed to spell toxicity and it went viral. He can survive extreme cold, extreme heat, vacuum, poisons, gases and chemicals. He can poison by his mere presence and can survive sustained gunfire even from mounted machine guns.

He is attacking anybody in the hope that it will bring his attackers out into the open. Some heroes however speculate that The Dreamstealers (from the Create a Villain thread) are somehow responsible for him as there is no record of ho this person is.

On 8/24/2018 at 12:21 PM, death tribble said:

Toxic City

They tried to get rid of him. They failed. They tried to kill him. That failed as well. So they put him in an experimental suit ('his' he claims) and dropped him into a chemical vat. That should have been the end of it. It wasn't. He arose from the tank vowing revenge. But he does not know who to take revenge on or who he is. He was dubbed Toxic City by the media after a blogger failed to spell toxicity and it went viral. He can survive extreme cold, extreme heat, vacuum, poisons, gases and chemicals. He can poison by his mere presence and can survive sustained gunfire even from mounted machine guns.

He is attacking anybody in the hope that it will bring his attackers out into the open. Some heroes however speculate that The Dreamstealers (from the Create a Villain thread) are somehow responsible for him as there is no record of ho this person is.

I'm going to say death tribble wins, although it was hard picking from his and steriaca. Both have an origin, give power suggestions and throw out ideas for GMs to use.

Berserker Beast

Alexander Monroe believed he had discovered the perfect weapon of mass destruction--a biological agent that would induce intense rage and hysteria among dense populations, i.e. cities.  As fighting and rioting would break out everywhere at once, government's ability to respond would be overwhelmed, utilities and transportation would collapse, and VIPER would move in and clean up among the mess.

On second thought, forget VIPER.  Maybe Monroe could keep this for himself.

Of course, everything changed after the lab accident exposed him to his own agent.  Perhaps it activated an unknown mutative element in his own DNA, or perhaps it was mutated itself.  Either way, Monroe was transformed into something not entirely human--and something much more powerful.  The creature he became possessed vastly increased strength, resilience, speed--and of course, rage.

But Monroe retained his identity and intelligence, and realized that if VIPER couldn't control him, they would certainly kill him.  So he ran, as far and as fast he could.  And if any of VIPER's retrieval teams ever caught up with him, they paid a price for it.

Today Monroe lives in complete seclusion, emerging only to commit crimes to get the money he needs for his research, either to make himself human again or ideally, to transform from human to beast at will.  Anyone who opposes him--police, federals, or superheroes--finds him a lethal and effective opponent, whose speed and rage serve him well in the attack, and whose speed and agility enable him to escape any pursuer.  Only time will tell if anyone is able to bring an end to his spree of berserk fury.

Wolfire

Robert Gramsky was a monster-movie fanatic, whether it was vampires, werewolves, or vampires vs werewolves. It was his escape from being a boring person with a boring job and a boring life. It would've continued to be boring until he decided to work extra-late one evening. On his way to his car after work, he met a man who looked like some mad scientist from one of those bad grade-z werewolf movies. Maybe it was the way the guy kept staring at him, or maybe it was the way he kept smiling; whatever it was, it was odd. A blow on the head from behind him stopped his thoughts.

When he awoke, he was strapped down onto a steel table in some strange laboratory. The man from before had a helper beside him and told Robert he hadn't experimented on anyone in months. "How would you like to be a werewolf, hmm?" Robert's reply surprised the man, "A werewolf? Yeah! Or a vampire? Can you make a vampire? Howabout both?" The scientist never had anyone volunteer and the subject was so willing. Very well, both! It would be the last experiment for the scientist.

Through mad science, Robert was transformed into a pseudo werewolf/vampire. Although not truly really a vampire or werewolf but a scientific-experiment approximation, he was still a blood-thirsty monster now.  A vicious one; a strong one. Snapping the restraints, the scientist and his helper were killed by the monster and it ran off into the night. It was within a week that the newspaper dubbed him "Wolfire" - the werewolf/vampire monster.

Wolfire is especially hard to stop, even by superheroes. With his agility, his claws can make short work of anyone without some protection. Even if cornered, he can transform into a man-sized bat to escape. His most vicious attack is his bite, which also drains victims of their energy. His bizarre appearance bothers even superheroes who don't seem to flinch at anything.

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

I am a little disappointed with only two entries.

The artwork looked like an almost exact rip-off the Imperial Guard member Fang and his several clones, not to mention that Fang was a direct rip-off of DC's Timber Wolf.

Tough to get excited too about, at least for me.

"After Fang's third untimely death ("untimely" since no Marvel character gets a Timely death anymore), a basket containing a small wolf cub appeared on Empress Lilandra's doorstep in a suspiciously timely manner. Within hours, the new Fang was fully grown and kicking butt on the Kree border zone."

If I'd thought of anything better than that, I might have written it up. :D

7 hours ago, wcw43921 said:

3649eb2fa9de752ddd72bbfe453acc72.jpg

The White Lady

When Prince Prospero was defeated he left behind his tower floating in the air twenty feet off the ground. It remained as a tourist attraction in Philadelphia although no one could access it nor remove it to another location. It did not become apparent for some time that there was anyone still inhabiting it. But the police soon began getting reports of a strange woman being seen in the vicinity of the tower. When the first actual confrontation took place she seemed to vanish into the ether. But more sightings were reported and eventually a vigilante managed to make contact and talk to her. She is supposed to serve the prince but in his absence is looking after the tower. She cannot stray too far from the tower nor can she move it. She can take quite a bit of damage without any noticeable effect. She uses the tower as a hospital as she has some healing ability but she does not fight herself. The council might not like it but there is nothing they can do about it. Meanwhile she waist patiently for the prince to return. She responds to any name she is given but she is generally referred to as The White Lady

4 hours ago, death tribble said:

Somehow I doubt it

Try this

Fantoma72.jpg

Well, it is defently not Tuxedo Mask.

It is Master Cosplayer, a rather odd criminal who takes the costumes and powers of anime characters. The more powerful the character, the less time he is able to channel there powers (so he rairly spends time as Kenshiro, Son Goku, One Punch Man, or Sailor Moon, and spends more than enough time as Lupen the 3rd, Tuxedo Mask, and Crayon Shin-Chan then he likes).

5 hours ago, death tribble said:

Fantoma72.jpg

Topper is known as the gentleman bandit due to his manner of dress and his habit of targeting the rich and famous at various gala events. His band of Merry Men usually work on crowd control and gathering the loot as Topper monologues. By now, most people realize if they play along that they will escape with no harm but that anyone who resists is likely to end up as the hostage who goes along for the ride in the escape vehicle.

UNTIL theorizes that Topper's mask makes people suggestible (which might explain how Topper and his Merry Men gain entrance to some venues) and it is well-documented that his cane can produce a variety of destructive and stun effects. The Merry Men use painful but non-lethal stun weapons on civilians, security guards, and normal police but resort to more potent weapons when confronted with more capable opposition.

Topper has a certain...shall we say "over-the-top" personality and has been known to fixate romantically on notably beautiful famous women (movie stars, superheroes, supervillains, etc.) and some of his crimes are staged to gain him the one gift he can give to his newest "true love" and gain her heart. For example, once Topper staged a crime to steal the Stenwick Diamond while announcing he was going to give it to charity, then days later presented it to Charity, Seattle's own resident superheroine at an event when she was supposed to be receiving the key to the city.

You have to admit, the man has style....

"Good day, sirs and madam.  Ah, I believe you must be the members of Foxbat Force.  Welcome to the Justice Tower, home to the city's premiere superhero team.  I'm Jeeves, the team's butler and man-servant.  Might I take your cowl, Mr. Foxbat, sir?  Or your lab coat, Professor Steriaca?  I apologize that my masters are not in residence at the moment, but I have alerted them that they have visitors, and I expect them to arrive shortly.

"My mask?  Yes, sirs and madam, I realize it's hardly necessary, but it find it helps me fit in better with my employers.  Makes them more comfortable, as it were.  Ah, Ms. Batfox, I see you're admiring my walking stick.  As you surmised, it does give me the ability to defend myself, and even to give a healthy jolt of electricity to ruffians seeking to damage the Justice Tower or its residents."

"Please, come this way into the sitting room and I can bring you some refreshments while you wait for your hosts to arrive.  Ah, Exoskeleton Man -- might I call you Mr. Man? -- please don't handle the artwork.  That is an original Bartlett, and my masters would not be pleased to see it damaged or stolen."

"Really, Mr. Foxbat, I must protest.  Having your cohort Harmonious Fist restrain me is taking liberties I simply cannot allow.  I must insist you release me at once, or I will be forced to take action against you.  (sigh)  Well, sirs and madam, you certainly can't say that you haven't been warned."

WHAM!  BAM!  BASH!  POW!  ZZZAP!  KA-POW!  BLAM!  GLOP-GLOP-GLOP-GLOP!

"There, now, was that really necessary?  Tsk, tsk, you've damaged my exterior as well.  I'll have to replace this entire outfit, as well as sections of my epidermis.  Why, yes, Mr. Man, I am in fact a robot.  Now if you would all be so kind as to wait within the restraining resin I have applied, I'm sure my masters will be here shortly to turn you over to the authorities.  In the meantime, would any of you like some tea?"