Supers Image game

phoenix240

49 minutes ago, death tribble said:

Sorry Squirrel you should have posted here

DT, it's possible he wanted to join the game but didn't know the rules.  So here they are, just in case:

On 3/30/2015 at 12:43 PM, phoenix240 said:

The Rules: First one person posts an image that is or could be a superhuman. Then others submit a name, powers and basic background. This doesn't have to include Champions mechanics or be in the Champions universe.

Once three submission are done or a week has passed then the person that posted the original image picks the best description.

Then that poster can post an image or pass it on. Then the first person to post an image takes their turn.

So Squirrel, before we can use your image you need to respond to this one below and get selected as the winner by that poster:

On 9/13/2018 at 5:26 PM, death tribble said:

Fantoma72.jpg

The Dapper Man.

The Dapper Man is a Phantom Thief who has never been caught, in spite of announcing via a fancy calling card whatever it is he plans to steal.  Active since the 1920s, he is thought at this point, almost a hundred years later, to be a legacy spanning generations now.

He has stolen multi-Karat gems from museums, priceless paintings, even intervened at weddings ("I'll steal your bride!"). He has succeeded against Police and even Superheroic protection. 

His powers origins are unknown, but are believed to have some combination of stealth,or invisibility, subversion of electronic surveillance, and possibly teleportation and magic.  The cane he caries may be of magical origin, but he has been observed to use it as a melee weapon. The crystal at the tip has been seen to glow, so may also be a magic wand or staff of some sort.  What he steals is almost impossible to fence, so it is suspected that he is doing this for the thrill or the challenge, rather than for money.  Often the stolen items are found anywhere from a few hours to a few months later.  Kidnapped people are usually released in very short order, but always seem to have changed their minds over whatever it was they were kidnapped/stolen over.

On 9/13/2018 at 4:26 PM, death tribble said:

Somehow I doubt it

Try this

Fantoma72.jpg

Black Tie

Englishman Patrick Wallace discovered early on in life that he had an odd ability to change objects directions but only when they were moving. He would have just used this for an occasional prank on his friends. However, when his gaffer laid him off for no apparent reason, he used his power for revenge to make the gaffer fall down a set of stairs instead of walking by it. It occurred to him that he could actually use his ability to make money while gallivanting around the isles. However, he needed to do this with style, to stand out from the rest of those boorish supervillains. Adopting a 'white tie attire' but using a black tie instead, he used what money he'd saved to have a special cane made. His first robbery was at a fine society dinner, which was a huge success. It was so successful he could travel where he pleased, at least for a year. It was fun but he knew of the real possibility of running into a superhero someday. He spent a large amount of money to train for fighting, and enhance his attire. Finally, Black Tie was ready.

Patrick has an innate ability to change anything's trajectory but it must already be in motion: it can be as simple as making someone move slightly to the left or right, or as severe as making a moving truck make a 90 degree turn. In combat, Patrick is very hard to hit because he wills objects to avoid hitting him, even a punch aimed at him. If he can react fast enough, he can even change a blast of energy to strike somewhere else other than his person. When using his power, he decided to occasionally use the phrase "Here's a little english for you." His suit is durable and protective, but not bullet-proof. His cane shoots a dazzling laser to stun or blind his opponents. He uses his cane to direct attacks away from him, making heroes think that his cane is the source of his power. This way, if he is captured, he can use his power to get away at a later time before being locked up.

On 9/21/2018 at 3:48 PM, death tribble said:

Five entries. Many thanks.

Archer's entry is close to who the character actually is. Fantomas.

I liked Bolo's entry a lot but I am going to give it to Screwy Squirrel.

I promise I haven't been reading French or Latin American comic books....

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/16/2018 at 1:30 PM, ScrewySquirrel said:

lfER0mD.jpg

Using the picture ScrewySquirrel posted...

Tasha Chen may only be 15 years old, but being the daughter of a mage has helped prepare her at an early age for a life of crimefighting.  Her mystic cape (like the one in Doctor Strange, it seems to have a mind of its own) and powerful Crystal of Llowen - and let's not forget her handy .357 magnum - help her keep the streets of London safe from dangers both mundane and mystical.

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

qwyno9.jpg

Nuclear Angel

The Seraph of the Atomic Age, the Cherub of Fission and the Divine Messenger of Nuclear Power. That is the Nuclear Angel. He is only ever seen flying with his radioactive arrows flying out taking down people or machines . He does have a radioactive signature and can transfer this by means of the arrows so that people or machines can be tracked. He does not talk and his mission and message are his own.

On 10/17/2018 at 8:54 PM, BoloOfEarth said:

Sorry for the delay.  How about this one:

qwyno9.jpg

Atomic Archer didn't have a good idea what to do with his newly gained powers until a gang tried to rob him during an evening walk. His nuclear accident gifted him with wings and the ability to create an energy bow-and-arrows at his thought. No car or motorcycle to slow him down when trailing thieves; not when you can see everything from the sky!

On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, steriaca said:

She is Mother Mayhem, a mercenarie hunting down superheroes and Villians for the sake of God. Using fath and technology, she wants to rid the world of 'false gods' (ie people with superpowers).

I can just see a time-manipulating supervillain deciding to time-jump her ahead about 38 millennia -- her motif just screams

'Sister of Battle'.

Major Tom 2009 :dyn

• 3 weeks later...
22 hours ago, death tribble said:

the_red_samurai_by_johnbecaro-d8vaqle.thumb.jpg.fbf350d72c63798df0bae6fdc23cb265.jpg

So tell me about this ?

Years ago, toymaker Mr. Tagoshi created many toys for the otaku in Japan and his shop became well-known and profitable. However, behind the scenes, he was working on his greatest creation: Akai Roninpawa!  (or translated: Red Ronin Power!) A robot toy that would sweep the other toys and become Japan's number 1 best seller as it sparks a new type of fighting games: life-size ronin battles. Unfortunately, a rival toy company maker got wind of his creation and sent thugs to destroy the ronin. When the thugs got there, things got out of hand and Mr. Tagoshi's business burned to the group. Mr Tagoshi himself was not found and thought to have died in the inferno, and the toy to have been destroyed. However, below the shop and in a protected closet, Akai Roninpowa survived. When it was thought to be safe to come out, Akai Roninpawa surveyed the damage and played back the sounds it had heard above, fighting, violent yelling, fire. It had even heard the names of the thugs and the rival company. A news report later detailed killings at the rival company.

The robot is hardly a toy at all. Standing approximately 6 feet tall, it has a fighting A.I. and limited intelligence to make independent choices. The A.I. has not been programmed yet to never harm a human being, and follows its samurai programming. In this case, it got revenge for the death of Mr. Tagoshi. Since its creator is presumed dead, it now looks for a master to follow. Standard Japanese weapons wielded by an above-average strength, almost tireless machine with an incredible fighting computer makes it formidable. Modeled after the Japanese flavor of games, when it is hit, it gives a human reaction, including grunting, painful expressions and so on. A hidden secret of Akai Roninpowa is its ability to power-up like in video games. A limited number of times per day, it can increase it's fighting capability to incredible levels. One last thing about it is that the fighting computer learns from previous combats...

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 11:44 AM, JmOz said:

Bonehead:  

When the world still had wild magic he seeked immortality...

"Sought." Not "Seeked."

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary says Lucius Alexander has no room to point out other people's bonehead mistakes

The Crimson Samurai wears mystic armor and wields impossibly sharp swords passed down through dozens of generations.  The armor not only protects him from most harm, it also allows him to walk on air, pass through walls, and even turn invisible.  The swords can cut through practically anything, slicing steel as if it were bread and through concrete as though it were butter.  Considering the potential lethality of those swords, it's a testament to his apparent training and control that he hasn't killed anybody yet.

• 3 weeks later...

My apologies I should have said something sooner.

As this was my commission I'll tell you what I came up with. A set of Japanese armour on display to an American museum was cursed by a Japanese man. He stated that if the armour was not returned to Japan then Japan would be sunk beneath the waves. Only the souls of 100 warriors could prevent this. Shortly thereafter the armour was stolen and The Samurai was born . The thief is actually a professor linked to the museum who is convinced that if he does not kill 100 warriors then Japan will be destroyed.

Now I like Tech's entry and proclaim him the winner