Supers Image game

phoenix240

Okay, let's see what people come up with for this instead.  (Or is she some established character too?)

No, that's just art photography.

Fantasma is a European villain-for-hire who uses her powers of illusion-casting to confuse and bewilder those who would apprehend her and her clients, allowing them to escape.  

Okay, let's see what people come up with for this instead.  (Or is she some established character too?)

Name: Lady Morpheus

No one knows who she is and where she comes from but her one woman crusade of punishment is unlike most heroes and vigilante she doesn't attack physically but strikes in the mind, haunting her target's deepest dreams and darkest nightmares. They are drawn into a psychic landscape where Lady Morpheus seems to have absolute control and subjected to harrowing tests that take them to edge of  sanity. Those that learn the lessons the Lady teaches return, shaken, often wracked with crushing guilt and regret for their sins usually turning themselves in to the authority though some of have committed suicide, usually publicly and in a gory painful fashion as if seeking penance, crying out to the Lady for forgiveness which is the main reason the world even knows of her existence. Others are driven permanently mad.

Lady Morpheus' exploits aren't without question though. Some of her targets don't seem to be truly guilty at least not of anything worth suffering they endure while others seemingly much worse seem to have little effect. Petty thieves may immolate themselves in atonement while con man that have left families destitute and homeless may only seem to suffer some sleepless night. Exactly what criteria the lady uses is unknown.  Her target profile favors those who abuse others: violent thieves, domestic and child abuse and violent sex offenders, pimps, pushers, those that prey on others but sometimes her targets include prostitutes, addicts, etc, the victims of who she usually punishes.

Her powers invoke the manipulation of dreams and memories. She can draw sleeping targets into what amount to an illusionary world where she can make almost anything happen but usually draws on subjects and material from her targets made for inspiration. The one thing she can't seem to do is make more than cosmetic changes to her target such as making younger or older, even as much as gender sway but their essential self remains the same. She also has a physical form in the dreamscape which is quite powerful but can be physically assault and while possessed of sharp senses and supernal means of awareness isn't omniscient;. She can be fought but is more than a match for her essentially normal, mortal targets. Her capabilities in the real world are completely unknown.

Notes: Lady Morpheus is a mutant, a psychic vampire that feeds on guilt. She can sense a person guilt and draws on it while she torments them in the dream world. In reality she is demure mousy women that wouldn't drawn any attention, frail and withdrawn that works in a bookstore. Though she tries to use her abilities to do some good her power is also a curse She needs to feel on guilt and she will die. Normal food does not sustain her and the more she holds off the more her hunger grows, sometimes causing her to lash out at people she wouldn't normally target out of desperation. This starting to wear at her sanity and her conscious to the point she may snap entirely but perhaps she can still be saved.

Edit: Not the best, but I wanted to at least make an effort.

Inkling. She has the power to secrete and control ink. A useless power you may ask? Answer: NO!!!!

With her ink, she can blind foes, create tattoos that move and attack at her mental command (she likes panda bears) and can make forgeries with paper (she is on the IRS and Treasury department's hit list for that reason.)

Does anyone else find the photographic images more difficult to come up with concepts for?

Some things are more challenging than others. I find it more difficult to come up with ideas for photographic images than drawings or the like. Not sure why. Anyway, it wasn't a complaint just wondering if anyone experienced that.

I do find it harder, actually. They are a bit to realistic perhaps? I never was quite the fan of live-action superheroes. Some bigger hits like Avengers excluded.

It feels as if I need the added layer of non-realism a drawing (comic, manga, anime/animates series/motion picture comic) has to truly accept it.

Of these, I think I liked the Phantom Geisha the most, though the idea for Inkling was intriguing.

Christopher, your turn.

Okay, now I need to think of something.

Pixie, Megan MacIntyre, a Irish born mutant who can turn into a 6' tall muscled built, red headed, green eyed (Megan herself is a petite slightly overweight "Black Irish" - a burnette with dark eyes and hair) fey like being with pointed ears, butterfly wings that allows her to fly at great heights as well as quick maneuverability and a magic wand that induces instant sleep to those she points it at. Currently the defender of Dublin, Ireland though she occasionally travels the rest of the country if needed.

No, I really liked Lady Morpheus' concept and everything you put in there.  (And as you may know from my own posts, I tend to go overboard myself.)  But in the end, the picture just didn't say "psychic vampire" to me.

Thanks, I can really run off mouth (fingers?) when I get a good head of steam going. :)

I'll give it a go:

Name: Elf-shot

Secret ID: Vri'mrrah

Origin: Dimensionally-displaced Alien

Powers:

Innately small size.

Long lifespan.

Extremely fast winged flight.

Capable of speed bursts, blurring into near invisibility for short periods.

Weapon: The Thorn, fires "elf-shot," which has varying effects depending on where the target is hit:

Head: memory loss

Heart: effect similar to a love potion

Arm or Leg: paralysis of the extremity

Anywhere else: deep, deathlike slumber

Vri' is a rebellious adolescent of a long-lived race that occupies a concordant but higher-vibrational dimension which overlaps our own at certain loci, many of which have been marked in ancient times with stone monoliths, earth mounds, and the like. She recently fled her home dimension to avoid an arranged marriage, responsibility, and bill collectors.

She met her super team while out one night making crop circles using the wake of her flight. She hit it off immediately with the adventurers (who were investigating said crop circles), and joined their team. She provides support and creates chaos on the opposition's side of the battlefield, as well as scouting.

Claire Withers always dreamed that she could be more than what she was. She was plain. She was not stupid but not very intelligent. She was not destined for anything othr a life of mediocrity. And then one day she came upon a battle between a genie and other people with powers. It was not clear who was the good guys and who was the bad guys. She (inadvertently) provided a distraction which allowed the genie to vanquish the others. In gratitude the genie granted Claire a wish, the ability to be noticed and have an effect in the world. So the genie turned her into a fairy.

Now as The Red Fae, Claire is noticed and has an effect in the world. Suprisingly she is happier than she has ever been in her life.

OK, here we go:

2wfsupw.jpg

(my first thoughts were french, violet and steampunk-ish; so that is what I went on from)

Le Violaceous Femme (french. The Violet Women)

Real Identity: Comtess Maria of house Valois-Orléans‎ (not secret)

This heroine of the last heroic age (a steampunk age) was french noblewomen and renowned inventor, centuries ahead of her time. Unfortunately she was also quite terrible at keeping any form of notes or documentation and she had hardly could "dumb down" her ideas for the other scientists of her time.

Since she was also a women she was subject to quite some redicule in her time. In order to proof her theories she donned a costume in the noble color violet and started to fight crime in paris.

The only real result was that she was now also ostracised by the other women of her time, for such an "unwomanly" pursiut as a noble woman.

Her arch foe was the Alchemist calling himself Wise Stone (he could not convert stuff into gold, but still had a high opinion of himself).

She eventually died together with Wise Stone in an explosion when preventing an experiment, however neithers corpse was ever found.

Then in the current age Wise Stone returned, in a new metal body form that was practically invulnerable to all conventional attacks, and attacked a coastal town in america.

What little documentation there was of her mentioned her having seen plans for that form but considered them inpractical due to an "obvious and abundant weakness". However she had not written down what exactly said weakness was and the heroes ran out of ideas.

Faced with a enemy agaisnt wich conventional attacks prooved ineffective the heroes decided a drastic measure:

They would rip the Comtess from the second of her presumed death into the current age, wich succeeded. Communication prooved rather easy since she of course spoke English (albeit the old version used back then).

She quickly helped defeat Wise Stones Metal Form, using Bronze (wich was indeed much more common back in her time). Upon learning how the world had changed she decided to rather stay then go back and die.

Minor stuff:

- yes her travel into the future, wise Stone returning and neithers corpse being found is part of a stable time loop/skip.

- when asked about her coice of color she points out that of course Violet is a noble color. As evidenced by so few people wearing it.

- she still has her intelligence and quickly caught up on the scientific discoveries. However she does not trust computers, wich hinders her ability to do stuff in the modern world.

- I picked the name based on what sounded nice. no deeper meaning

When everything is in chaos,

when the world is going to pot,

a city calls out for salvation,

for order.

Now is the time for a hero,

now is the time for

THE LIBRARIAN !

Now things will be indexed, catagorised and the whole world will be better for it.

LOL! Whenever my wife sees her on my screen she says, "Are you playing your librarian?"