Supers Image game

phoenix240

• 2 months later...

Peter Parker always complains about being bitten by a radioactive spider.  He should consider himself lucky.  At least it wasn't a radioactive lightning bug.

Sure, I can fly.  That's kinda cool.  And I don't need to go hunting for a flashlight in the middle of the nigh.  But it's a pain (both literal and figurative) to fold my wings down so I can walk around in normal clothes.  And no going to the beach, unless I want to kiss my private life goodbye. 

Good thing that, like ol' Spidey, I'm a scientific type.  Built a keen exoskeleton that enhances my strength, has radar antennae, and chest blasters.  Plus, there's my Vari-Beam baton.  All in all, I can kick some pretty decent butt.

So I took the name Lampyridae and go out fighting crime and trying to make the world a better place.  Why?  I dunno.  Just seemed like the thing to do.  Just don't call me Firefly or I'll light your ass up something fierce.

I'm probably too sleep deprived to think straight, but to me it looks like an ectokinetic, someone who manipulates ectoplasm, the "stuff" of manifested ghosts and such.  The stuff coming off the wings gives that impression.  So I figured, like most everyone he wanted to fly, but couldn't muster the finesse or concentration to make 80 bizillion individual feathers, so that left bat wings which tie up the arms or beatle wings which don't.  The rod in his hand is actually a steel urn holding the ashes of a lot of dead folks from which to manifest the ectoplasm.

Yeah, I should sleep.

Bolo of Earth wins. I did like steraica's suggestion but Heroic Halfwit's suggestion is a little too dark.

On a side note I would love to post some of the art on Deviantart but cannot get the image tags right. Could someone post the tag format ie bracket spoiler bracket website bracket close spoiler bracket or suggest another way round ?

I'm probably too sleep deprived to think straight, but to me it looks like an ectokinetic, someone who manipulates ectoplasm, the "stuff" of manifested ghosts and such.  The stuff coming off the wings gives that impression.  So I figured, like most everyone he wanted to fly, but couldn't muster the finesse or concentration to make 80 bizillion individual feathers, so that left bat wings which tie up the arms or beatle wings which don't.  The rod in his hand is actually a steel urn holding the ashes of a lot of dead folks from which to manifest the ectoplasm.

Yeah, I should sleep.

This is very different and interesting take on the image. 

On a side note I would love to post some of the art on Deviantart but cannot get the image tags right. Could someone post the tag format ie bracket spoiler bracket website bracket close spoiler bracket or suggest another way round ?

I just copied the link to the image (not the whole Deviantart page related to the image) and pasted it into the Image URL box.

"Only gods could defeat the Outsider Invasion. But the Outsiders knew of all the big ones. They were prepared for each and every one of them and so all the big religions Deities fell.

What was left was us, the forgotten ones. The Greek gods. The Egyptians. The Mayan.

But our alliance did not stop there. It included gods and godesses of whom the people had even forgotten even the language to speak thier names in - like the Celtic ones or the revered ancestors immortalised and deified with the ancient Moai.

But even united in purpose and goals there was no way for us to defeat the outsiders at this point. In the end even our temples, our shrines were destroyed as was the entire earth. But we were not defeated that day. We still had one option left. A option almost forgotten to time, as every other time a god would try it, his own Pantheon or all the others would surely intervene during the departure: Time Travel.

So we permanently fused our divine essence together. And stepped back into the past, before the Outsider Invasion.
The current gods and even our past selves are not...amiciable to our existence or activity. But that does not mater. We will stop the invasion, one way or the other. If you need a name for us, call us Pantheon."

Pantheon is the amalgam of all those lesser gods from no longer relevant religions, that fused together and travelled back in time to prevent the "Outsider Invasion". They are not greated well by the existing gods, as time travel was generally a taboo amongst the gods. In particular the big, current ones view it with suspicion, as not part of them is inside Pantheon (wich is simply because they were defeated first, so nothing was left to join the Alliance).

While a timetraveller send to prevent a alien invasion sounds good, Pantheons methods seem questionable at best so he is regarded on the far end of the "Dark Hero/Vigilantee/Villain" spectrum. It should also not be mistaken for being generally pro-Earth existence. A lot of the dieties of those ancient religions were trying to destroy the earth themself. The are mostly along becaue "how can I destroy the planet, if the outsiders already do so?"

"Only gods could defeat the Outsider Invasion. But the Outsiders knew of all the big ones. They were prepared for each and every one of them and so all the big religions Deities fell.

What was left was us, the forgotten ones. The Greek gods. The Egyptians. The Mayan.

But our alliance did not stop there. It included gods and godesses of whom the people had even forgotten even the language to speak thier names in - like the Celtic ones or the revered ancestors immortalised and deified with the ancient Moai.

But even united in purpose and goals there was no way for us to defeat the outsiders at this point. In the end even our temples, our shrines were destroyed as was the entire earth. But we were not defeated that day. We still had one option left. A option almost forgotten to time, as every other time a god would try it, his own Pantheon or all the others would surely intervene during the departure: Time Travel.

So we permanently fused our divine essence together. And stepped back into the past, before the Outsider Invasion.

The current gods and even our past selves are not...amiciable to our existence or activity. But that does not mater. We will stop the invasion, one way or the other. If you need a name for us, call us Pantheon."

Pantheon is the amalgam of all those lesser gods from no longer relevant religions, that fused together and travelled back in time to prevent the "Outsider Invasion". They are not greated well by the existing gods, as time travel was generally a taboo amongst the gods. In particular the big, current ones view it with suspicion, as not part of them is inside Pantheon (wich is simply because they were defeated first, so nothing was left to join the Alliance).

While a timetraveller send to prevent a alien invasion sounds good, Pantheons methods seem questionable at best so he is regarded on the far end of the "Dark Hero/Vigilantee/Villain" spectrum. It should also not be mistaken for being generally pro-Earth existence. A lot of the dieties of those ancient religions were trying to destroy the earth themself. The are mostly along becaue "how can I destroy the planet, if the outsiders already do so?"

I think I'm calling this the winner, as it covers the full spectrum of iconic things in the picture.

• 1 month later...