Supers Image game

phoenix240

How about this? Since Christopher's Craft won the last round, he can pick the winner if he'd like. 

16761262537_df9d966878_o.jpg

She is called the White Widow.  She is rumoured to turn into a giant spider but no-one can recall ever seeing this happen. The four extra limbs seem to have little or no use but there is this certain something that people just can't put their minds to. When she dances they move but they don't seem to have any other purpose. The dances have a hypnotic effect on people. It is also during these dances that she seems to be invulnerable as she was peppered with machine gun fire to no noticeable effect. She works with others who have a hedonistic bent but is not seen to have any contact with any out and out criminals. Thus her status in the superpowered community is ambiguous. 

Yeah, I thought you might have know who she was. :)

The Stone in her forehead seemed important. And Fan Drawings try to cut out unimportant details.

How about this? Since Christopher's Craft won the last round, he can pick the winner if he'd like. 

16761262537_df9d966878_o.jpg

I will not be able to judge because I have a submission myself. My first Idea was "D&D Drow". Then after some time I realised she has no pointy ears. But I have some good idea what made me fail my spot checks for that long ;)

Weaver

Dolores Muwanga was born into a poor african village. Life was a hardship and one of the few sources of solace were the stories of hte village storyteller. In particular the ones that spoke of Ananasi and the Red Eye Amulett, that transformed a worthy person into Anansis Avatar.

Dolores wanted to help her village, but realities of Africa had eroded the bulk of moral concerns. When she set out to actually find it, she was set on using the powers it for thieving and other petty crimes to support her village. The travel was fraught with danger, but eventually she did found the Red Eye Amulett. And was immediately disapointed.

Maybe the stories were exagerated, based on how usefull and powerfull they had seemed in the pre-colonial time.

Maybe the stories were a trick from Anansi himself.

Or maybe her impure intentions lead to a different set being given to her then for a pure hearted person.

In any case, the powers were remotely usefull to becomming a supervillain or superthief: The extra arms she grew were able to secrete a sort of spider thread, but at a very slow pace and low volume - not usefull for sticking someone to a wall in a pinch. While she could weave nets out of it using more or less conventional means, they could be easily broken by superhuman strenght. While they had some sticking properties, they were not nearly enough to carry a person even if the weight was distributed over 6-8 apdendages.

However her attempts to weave them into anything usefull, resulted in a number of clothing pieces and thus revealed her true purpose: She became a Superhuman Costume Designer.

While not able to mass produce anything, she can weave rather fast using her 4 extra "arms" as assistance and a lot of practice. Clothing made by her is surprisingly resistant to being ripped. Also it has adherent properties allowing them to "stay in place" even when damaged and this adherence seemed to lack the discomfort or unreliability associated with the old model trick of using lots of double-sided tape.

A unexpected realisation after a the first superhuman tried to transform was that the clothing could copy "skin" powers as well: If worn by a brick, they were at least as resistant as said brick. If worn by a invisible person, they would become invisible as well. If the wearer turned their body into fire, they would not burn.

As such, Weaver is a well known Costume Designer und her label "Dreamweaver Clothing".

She can weave costumes that are "extremely outrageous without risking clothing malfunctions". Indeed she usually wears just such a costume to showcase how reliable it can be (one such design is shown above). She does advise her customer to take something a lot less "risque" into combat, as she can not guarantee the adherence of her material in a superhuman fight. Also she does not exactly come cheap, considering that she has to support her family and village. They do however come with privacy of the identity, in case that is wanted. A few choice pieces made for public ID superheroes and the odd Star resulted in her comming into the right circles to start lobbying for more development aid for the African Continent.

This picture didn't generate as much interest unfortunately . But once again both entries were well done and stuck close to the image as presented. The similarities were interesting, neither was a hero or villain in the traditional sense but more social tertiary characters. Was it her outfit that made her seem less like an active character? I wonder if I had posted another version of her in a more subdued outfit would the outcome have been different? 

I was expecting some magical/sorceress types as submissions. The dancer angle surprising and shared assumption her extra limbs were pointless. 

But I must choose a winner so I think I'll give it to Weaver. Her background had more meat to it and, IMO, more to hang scenarios and encounters on. It provides an interesting rationalization for certain genre tropes too. It reminded me of Eufiber from the Aberrant game but with a more palatable origin. Good Work!

Christopher, you're up.

This picture didn't generate as much interest unfortunately . But once again both entries were well done and stuck close to the image as presented. The similarities were interesting, neither was a hero or villain in the traditional sense but more social tertiary characters. Was it her outfit that made her seem less like an active character? I wonder if I had posted another version of her in a more subdued outfit would the outcome have been different? 

I was expecting some magical/sorceress types as submissions. The dancer angle surprising and shared assumption her extra limbs were pointless. 

But I must choose a winner so I think I'll give it to Weaver. Her background had more meat to it and, IMO, more to hang scenarios and encounters on. It provides an interesting rationalization for certain genre tropes too. It reminded me of Eufiber from the Aberrant game but with a more palatable origin. Good Work!

Christopher, you're up.

More subdued clothing might have helped. Even with "keep in place" magic that outfit is not suiteable for a supercombat. Theiss Titillation Theory has it's limits.

Actually I could think of one way: If there was nothing to see under those clothes. As in her superform lacks those "details" of human anatomy like Ken and Barbie Dolls. And I just remembered that option too late.

Also I got a new thing. I remembered this image from Deviantart I posted a while ago. What Superhuman story do you make of it?

honey_badger__commission__by_elysiumeter

More subdued clothing might have helped. Even with "keep in place" magic that outfit is not suiteable for a supercombat. 

Mileage will vary. There's allot of attire in comics that wouldn't stand up to a vigorous workout let alone a fight. It would depends on exactly how she fought... or if she cared about potentially exposing her goods at all. Allot of non bullet proof super dudes show off their rippling pecs, after all, :D 

He can change to three different forms: man, wolf, and wolf-man. His mass is constant, so he’s a very large wolf. Not freakishly so, but still large. He heals quickly, is not affected my moonlight, and wounds from silver heal much more slowly than normal, though all injuries will heal without scar. As a wolf, his thoughts are much more instinct-driven, but his sense of hearing and smell are vastly sharper, and he’s a much faster runner. The wolf-man is about halfway between in both abstract reasoning and sensory acuity, and speech is a bit more difficult; he mostly uses it for intimidation. He can change just a part of himself, but it’s very difficult, requiring a great deal of concentration. Also, he can cast a few minor spells, mostly wards, especially against scrying so his apartment and office are very secure places as far as eavesdropping and extradimensional intrusions go.

Balacarkintas or as it's translated into human Bliss is from the planet Basilataras Though his parents named him Bliss he didn't have a blissful life. Growing up in a rough part of the planet he quickly learned how to be hard and to fight. So it was no surprise he became a space mercenary. But when he found out the ships captain was transporting slave cargo  he mutinied. The ship landed on Earth and Bliss took a few months to fix the ship, but found he liked Earth and as long as there is beer and cigars he's in no hurry to leave. So if you need something hard, violent, and dirty done theres a man down at the bar you want to talk to. But nothing evil. The man's name is Bliss after all.

It all started out normal enough.  Well, as normal as my life gets.

The knock disturbed my lunch -- well, the liquid part of it anyway -- but I'm not so rich I can just turn away clients, so I set down my beer and called out, "C'mon in!"

The dame was a knockout, dressed to the nines and with a rock on her hand probably worth more than my house.  She looked shocked at my appearance, so I ran a hand over my hair just in case it was messed up.  Since her expression didn't change, I figured it was probably because my hair not only covered my head, but also my face, hands, arms, chest -- basically, all of me. 

That's what you get when you're a human-badger hybrid.  Long story short, don't go pissing off the local DEMON goons.  They've got weird ways to make your life miserable.

"Are you... Joe Batcherton?"  she asked hesitantly.  She looked around, as if there was another PI hiding in my small office.  "I'm looking for a private investigator to locate my husband.  He's been missing since Monday."

I nodded.  "Yep, I'm Joe Batcherton.  Most people call me Black Badger; you can probably guess why."  I stood but didn't offer my hand -- she didn't seem the hand-shaking sort -- and gestured toward the client chair.  "Why don't you take a load off, ma'am, and tell me what's going on."  I sat back down, my old swivel chair squeaking in protest, and pulled out a cigar.  Probably should have asked her if she minded me smoking -- but then again, Black Badger don't care.

Looking back, if I'd known then what I know now... heck, I still probably would have taken the case.  It's not every day you get your car blown up by the Russian mob, get arrested by the feds, escape from jail, spend a weekend hiding out in a bordello, then trash a drug smuggling ring to restore your good name.  It was a heck of a week, and I even got paid.  Yep, good times.

'The name's Daniels, Brenton Daniels Werewolf Biker

How did I become a werewolf ? Mind your own business. Same goes for how I ended up with a bike gang. They have me around because it gives them extra leverage. Cops don't carry silver bullets per se. And a lot of other people will think twice before attacking a bike gang that has a wolf man with it. Specially if he is packing heat. Although the Furry Crowd are making life more difficult.

I am a multi-tasker for instance I can drink, smoke and shoot at the same time. Gets the girls all a quiver. There is nothing like hitting the roads with the wind in your fur. And causing some guy from Peoria freak out when a bike carrying a wolf passes by. The number of accidents is nod odds to no-one.'

The Iron Knight

There have been various men called The Iron Knight and this is the latest. The first appeared in Los Angeles in the 1960s but since then they have appeared in different cities across the states in different versions of the armour. However there is only one person called The Iron Knight operational at any one time. Indeed the police and FBI are of the belief that different people have been in the armour once the location changes. What does not change is the peculiar markings on the armour which do not seem to correspond to any language or any magical symbolism. The only things that are definite are the following:-

The Iron Knight operates as a vigilante in any set area usually dealing with local crime in the same way as a Batman or Spiderman;

The armour seems to be resistant to electrical shutdown or remote technical control or anti-technological attack;

The Knight cannot be fooled by illusions and seems to be immune to Mid Control and Telepathy. Mental blasts seems to work as they have been seen to stagger or even stun the Knight;

The Knight aid the police and others fighting crime but does not have the sort of relationship that Batman does;

The Knight rarely speaks;

It appears in all weathers;

It has tracking mechanisms to find its targets;

It can use lethal force but not as a first option;

The last few versions have had flight ability. The current version is operating in New York City. It is claimed that other versions of the Knight have been killed or even crippled but no-one has ever found an old suit of armour or body nor have they managed to interview anyone who has piloted the suit

He is the Rocket Rascal, a highwayman who stolen his rocket backpack and protection armor from ARGENT. Pitty he couldn't steal any weapons, as he stuck using two handguns to 'stand and deliver' people.

As for his reason for doing this, well, he wants to be rich. It's that simple.

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me participating :)

"When the world is in danger, a champion of humankind will arise. he'll avenge the weaks and punish the bullies. He'll be as pure as silver itself, and resilient as the sand scarab."

those were the words Rashid El Mumrah heard his hole childhood, when he was living in the devastated city of Bagdad. When the bombs launched by all the foreign countries that "wanted to help his native land" destroyed his city, took the lives of numerous member of his family and friends.

Then one day, as he was strolling among the ruins of his ancient city quarter, another misguided missile struck the building he was in. The explosion caused the ground to collapse below his feet, and he thought his last hour had come.

But he landed in a secret lair of some criminal Organization, and found weapons and high tech equipment by dozen. Especially he found a chemical chamber, and realized he could try to do something. To make a difference, to become a true defender of his own land. His heart inflated with hope and desperation at the same tie, he did something that would change him forever.

When he stepped out the chamber, the silverish armor was stuck to his body, imprisonning him inside its life support systems and built-in weaponry. It was like a shell, like another life and he could see that Allah was great, to gift him with the weapons of his ennemies, and defend the simple folks. He would be the Silver Scarab. He'd be a hero.

3444dog.jpg

Durge

aka:

The Space Warrior

Deliverer of Justice

Durgal Urgenon was originally a alien Courier pilot. His job brought him around and let him interact with many cultures, but his focus was on material he could go over during his long job-based traveltimes. One of the things he found on a alien Bazar was a special edition of the first 3 Star Wars Movies. His Shipboard mediaplayer had been modified to read a number of different storage formats for various cultures, and DVD's are actually rather easy to read.

And one can only say: He loved it!

He never figured out how these DVD's came to that bazar as he never found that specific merchant again, but henceforth he insisted that "the force" had guided them there to be found by him. Unforutnately finding the latest in local Star Wars Merchandise and Films is not that easy in Space, lightyears from the source.

When he heard that they had made not only a prequell trillogy but also started working on a sequell trillogy he just could not stop himself: He had to get to earth!

So he quit his job and made a beeline for earth. Unfortunately he was a bit overzealous in trying to get to the surface and crashed his ship straight into a swamp (where it propably still is, thanks to lack of force powers). He managed to get out wearing nothing but his spacesuit and made his way to civilisation.

After some acclimatisation (and lots and lots of watching and reading anything related to Star Wars, Canon and Legends) he relized that his self defense blasters and his spacesuit gave him effectively superhuman abilities on the planet earth. So he decided to become a superhero for fame and money. How else should he be able to meet George Lucas or get Premier tickets for the next Star Wars Films? So he quickly repainted his Suit to match one particular Star Wars Character - Durge - while also taking this characters name as Hero Name.

Unfortuantely he does not believe that "Han Shoot First" - owning to the first contact he had with the material being a special edition - wich does ostracise him with some other Star Wars fans. But he is just to happy to "live his dream" to be bothered much by it.

Powerset: His Spacesuit offers a Jetpack and considerable protection. Luckily he does not need the Environmental protection for most climates on earth, as he can survive just about where humans can.

His two self-defense blasters have a number of settings, inlcuding Blasts, Stunblasts, a short lived "energy net" to entangle foes, "taser lightning" and some other odd settings. They do however lack a deadly mode being only designed for self defense.

He is basically a power armored, flying, energy blaster with a variety of attack options.

Note: This image instantly reminded me of Durge, a Character from the older Clone Wars Cartoon Series (now belongign to Legends, I think). I asume this is a variant of him.