Supers Image game

phoenix240

3 minutes ago, phoenix240 said:

Thanks! That was a pretty cool picture tho', very inspiring.  I like Storn's style. 

Here's my submission

39527745412_196b88e5c9_o.jpg

She is the cold war villain which the American papers have dubbed Red Lash. She was one of the top Soviet super agents during that time. But a freek accident forced her handlers to place her into suspended animation till science could be used to save her life.

She was then promptly forgotten by her own country. Only the insane scientist Zarkov, who bonded with an alien battle chair, remembered her, and cured her as much as it suited his mad plans to evolve humans through tragic events, pain, and fear.

18 hours ago, phoenix240 said:

Thanks! That was a pretty cool picture tho', very inspiring.  I like Storn's style. 

Here's my submission

39527745412_196b88e5c9_o.jpg

The religious authorities and those concerned with the decay of society point at the media and say that is a bad influence and is dragging us all down into the mire. And of all of the many things that comprise the media the one that is the cesspit and the most insidious is of course musicals. And yay ! those concerned with the baleful influence of musicals would point to the poster child of debauchery, and you know full well who I am talking about, and that is Doris Day. The villainous woman called Whipcrack obviously took her name from the musical Calamity Jane.

Actually one of her past employers or colleagues played The Deadwood Stage song when she first appeared with them and someone posted on the Internet that this was the origin of her power so naturally everyone else fell into line with this line of thought.

She prefers to close with targets particularly martial artists and those with low defences and strike them around the head and body. She can blind and deafen targets by striking them around the eyes and ears although this will wear off. She is a bit of a sadist but backs off from killing an opponent. 

• 2 weeks later...

Slime Boss is the product of an industrial accident at a research lab that was working on a super-soldier serum.  He grew to six feet tall, and his brain developed greatly.  He cowed a number of lesser thugs into working for him, in part because bullets tend to do little damage to him.  The first mission that he gave them involved the kidnapping of a weapons engineer, whom he used to upgrade him cybernetically.  He's now the fastest and deadliest slug that has ever lived.

His favorite combat saying is, "It's Slime time!"

• 2 weeks later...

True Blue

The original True Blue was a hero from 1940 to 1955--an era often referred to as the Golden Age.  Possessing the strength of ten men and seemingly impervious to injury, True Blue fought crime and America's enemies until his retirement after his final victory over the criminal mastermind Boss Hacksaw. 

Now there is a new True Blue on the scene, pledging to follow in the footsteps of the original.  It is not known at this time if she is related to the original, or even if she has met him or knows who he really was.  What is known is that she apparently does not possess his powers--but she does have the ability to fly with a speed and maneuverability that ranks her among the best superheroic fliers.  She also has considerable prowess as a martial artist, with the reinforced gauntlets she wears magnifying the force of her strikes.  Her armor protects her from most standard damage, and the visor protects her from flash attacks, as well as provides her with night vision and telescopic vision.

For now she's an independent crimefighter--as far as anyone knows.  Her secrets are many, and she doesn't associate with other heroes, except when they cross paths on occasion.  Time will tell as to the actual nature of her motivations.

On 4/6/2018 at 4:53 PM, Watchman Mk. IV said:

Sorry about the delay...here's some art from a guy I'm pretty impressed with, Eryck Webb:

c37f2f4a4dd601f0c1c708ee09040042--superhero-oc-character-design-alternative-comics.thumb.jpg.545110655ea19167862b0d1b302e34b9.jpg

Sylvia grew up in Quebec, training in Savate, the French martial art. Her love of the art proved prophetic when her mutant powers kicked in.

She could run as fast as a racing car, leap 5 stories high, and kick in the side of a reinforced concrete bunker. The Canadian govt recognized her potential and they devised an armored costume and visor. The visor grants her night vision, infra-red tracking, flash defense, and a heads up display. Her gauntlets are equipped with a taser (left) and a single bola entangle (right).

The govt occasionally uses her for missions, but her real talent is fighting super crime. Sylvia loves the thrill of the chase and the cold calculations of Criminology.

The papers dubbed the new heroine, Blue Jay.

Bluebird

This heroine was named by the press as Blue Jay, Blue Thunder, Blue Falcon, Blue Eagle and Midnight Blue were all taken. Like the cavalry she appears in the nick of time but rarely speaks. Like many others she thinks of the right thing to say much later. She has confided to others that she is more intent on making sure that whoever she is fighting is not going to harm civilians or injure/kill police than on making the right quip at the right time. She is primarily a martial artist but uses a variety of gadgets to aid her in protecting the city. She targets those of the enemy who will try and hurt or kill civilians as primary targets. She will also try and stop anyone on the police side from using lethal force.

I am more taken with other artists on Deviantart like rhardo, john Becaro, phil cho and Celtic Bolt although Eric is on my Watch list. I have commissioned from them all and if I had money I would try Eryk as well.

https://rhardo.deviantart.com/gallery/4409019/Commissions

https://johnbecaro.deviantart.com/gallery/

https://phil-cho.deviantart.com/gallery/

https://celticbolt.deviantart.com/gallery/

Everyone else has her as a heroine.  Let's go a darker route.

"I think I have an ID on our perp for the Pendergast hit."

Devon Treble looked up from his notes as his partner, Mark Wachman, tossed a folder on Treble's desk.  The older detective picked up the folder and started to leaf through it.  "Tell me what I'm looking at here," he said and he perused photos from half a dozen crime scenes.

"You're looking at the work of Dame Azure, assassin extraordinaire from the south of France," said Wachman as he sat on the corner of Treble's desk.  "Word is, she's a teleporter, which means locked doors don't slow her down much at all.  Got some sort of high-tech visor that lets her see through walls, ceilings, and floors.  No way of knowing which direction she's gonna come from, or which way she's gonna escape.  Apparently well trained in martial arts.  She likes to 'port in close, snap the vic's neck, and then 'port away."

Treble tapped one photo of a man shot three times in the chest.  "This doesn't look like a snapped neck to me."

Wachman smiled without humor.  "Nope,  that guy had a bodyguard who saw Azure coming and tried to plug her full of holes.  She teleported the bullets back at the bodyguard's client."

"That's damn quick," said Treble.

Wachman looked at the photo.  "Yep.  Nice grouping, too."

Treble pushed back from his desk.  "Crap like this is above our pay grade.  Better call in a cape to bring her in."

"Captain Mode ain't gonna like that," said Wachman.  "You know what she says:  No Capes."

"Yeah, well, I don't want to suddenly find myself falling from ten stories up because some mutant 'porter has a bug up her butt about nosy cops."  Treble shook his head and muttered,  "Dammit, I am getting too old for this crap."

12 minutes ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Let's see if this works:

2gwunfl.jpg

This is a Black Gear Soldier . They are cyborg agents of Black Gear himself, as well as his base product in the underworld. They are conditioned via a program in there computers to always obay Black Gear and to never harm Black Gear.

BGS are usually armed with various guns, but this one has a sword. All weapons are intergrated into the body of the cyborg itself, so disarm attempts always fail. They can go without much food or sleep, and they also don't need much oxygen (They still need to breathe, eat, and sleep tho. They do have organic parts which need such things.)

Martin Vincenzo was a three time loser who lost his arm when a loanshark's  "collection agents" got too rough in attempting to get their boss'es money back. In desperation, Martin went to a Doctor Chambers who had created high tech gear and weapons for the underworld and the doctor promised him a new cybernetic arm in return for a few favors.

Of course, Dr. Chambers didn't bother to mention to Martin that the new arm came without a hand but a hideous hydraulic claw. Though angry at first, Martin ultimately decided that is was not a totally bad thing after all. Hell, he even gotten a armored suit which was bullet proof...which proven to be good in killing Chambers.

Now as the mercenary Death Claw, he is determined to get everything he ever wanted out of life and much more..

On 4/13/2018 at 12:06 AM, BoloOfEarth said:

Let's see if this works:

2gwunfl.jpg

Digitack

Digital Attack typically shortened to Digitack is an ominous presence in all of the major American cities. Appearing as if from nowhere his attacks are brutal and to the point. He has not attacked police or law enforcement agents wantonly but has fought them off with almost lethal consequences. Mind control and telepathy seem to have no effect on him but mental blasts have been known to defeat him after which he has just evaporated into nothingness, Mental illusions also seem to have no effect as it is theorised he has mechanical senses. He has also been smashed into the sides of building or blasted into nothingness but has returned on seemingly random missions to do with technology and those who use and develop it.