Supers Image game

phoenix240

2 hours ago, Tjack said:

I could expand on my previous post but since I’d be updating Robert Kanigher’s original work, I don’t think that’s a legal entry. 

Is it?  

I would say as long as you aren"t specifically using those characters and just give it a spin of your own it is fine I mean my submissions are generally thinly veiled homages at best and blatant rip-offs at worst. :) The more entries the merrier I say.

On 5/16/2019 at 2:07 AM, Quackhell said:

I would say as long as you aren"t specifically using those characters and just give it a spin of your own it is fine I mean my submissions are generally thinly veiled homages at best and blatant rip-offs at worst. :) The more entries the merrier I say.

Not really, I was just going to pour a heavy dose of anime sauce (Neo-Tokyo this, Yakuza that.) over the whole thing.  I only offered so that there would be more than one contestant.  

I couldn’t do anything if won anyway,  I can’t even figure out how to put a picture up for an avatar.

15 hours ago, Quackhell said:

ZULU.jpg

The Barbarian

He is savage and unpredictable. Which makes him the ideal warrior for various psychotic individuals with aspirations for world domination. He is also a skilled hunter and tracker. He is another one of those monosyllabic types barely speaking. He is usually seen topless which shows off his vibrant red tattoos and the gold ornamentation he wears on his lower arms and black leggings

18 hours ago, Quackhell said:

Well winning by default is a bummer, but what can you do? Here is my entry.

ZULU.jpg

He is Spear Chuck. A bigot and racist who was augmented with minor cybernetics, all to control his cybernetic spear. He is used by his organization as both stalker and killer of targets deemed to detrimental to let live, and muscle when superheroes show up.

And yes, he realizes that his name is a slur. Deal with it.

(Edit: I didn't realise that he was that tan. Opps.)

On 5/18/2019 at 6:27 AM, Quackhell said:

Well winning by default is a bummer, but what can you do? Here is my entry.

ZULU.jpg

Blue Moa Slayer : once there was a species of giant birds living on the islands of New Zealand. The largest of them was the Blue Moa, a magical creature of immense potential. It was killed hundreds of years ago by a tribesman on a search for power and glory. The hunter took the blood and imbued himself with the magical power of the Blue Moa with the tattoos that cover his body. Longevity, strength and speed, quick thinking and minor magical abilities....
Over the years and decades the Blue Moa (as he calls himself) has become a power hungry, blood thirsty individual.

He runs at 60 km/h for hours, three times as fast when sprinting, jumps 12m high, 50m broad and lifts a ton

13 hours ago, Legatus said:

Blue Moa Slayer : once there was a species of giant birds living on the islands of New Zealand. The largest of them was the Blue Moa, a magical creature of immense potential. It was killed hundreds of years ago by a tribesman on a search for power and glory. The hunter took the blood and imbued himself with the magical power of the Blue Moa with the tattoos that cover his body. Longevity, strength and speed, quick thinking and minor magical abilities....
Over the years and decades the Blue Moa (as he calls himself) has become a power hungry, blood thirsty individual.

He runs at 60 km/h for hours, three times as fast when sprinting, jumps 12m high, 50m broad and lifts a ton

The blood tattoos are too cool an idea for me not to pick it. The next image is yours Legatus.

Prepare to feel the fists of The Griffin !

Come rain, come shine The Griffin is relentless. He is stoic. Not for him a quiet night in by the fireside. Not for him 2.4 kids, a house in the suburbs and a cushy office job. No, The Griffin is there to fight crime. Muggers, loan sharks, vandals, pimps, drug pushers all have fallen victim to him. No crime is too small to escape his notice which means that meglamaniacs and their minions are also on his radar.

The Griffin has no mask. You always see his face. And although he is violent he does not maim indiscriminately. 

51 minutes ago, Legatus said:

Try to make something out of this guy :

into_the_storm_by_gaston25_dcu9bqj-pre.jpg

Leo Winsor is the heroic Griffen Ramped, protector of the realm of England. He is a standard brick type. As long as he is on English soil, he cannot be permanently killed (Regeneration with Resurrection adder, can be negated by removing his mystical link to England). Note: he lines his boots with dirt from home, so just taking him from England will not kill him unless you remove the dirt.

On the other side of the equation is his evil twin brother, Lobo Winsor. He is the crime lord Lord Griffin and has the exact same powers as his twin. Neither twin goes masked. Leo is a national hero, while his brother kills everyone who discovers who he is and does not work for his villainous agency.

Note: it is up to the GM if there really is a twin brother, or a split personality, or if it is a Sentery/Void thing.

3 hours ago, Legatus said:

Try to make something out of this guy :

into_the_storm_by_gaston25_dcu9bqj-pre.jpg

^^

The Pendragon Emerges, 1940.

Arthur King was always teased about his name, growing up as he did in Glastonbury in the 1920s and 30s.  At the start of World War Two, he joined the RAF and qualified as a pilot.  During a training mission,  Lt. King crashed his Spitfire in Dozmery Pool.  Trapped in the plane, he sank beneath the lake.  To his surprise he awakened on a fog-shrouded island being attended by a beautiful woman in a white dress. 

"Arthur, you have indeed returned in England's Greatest hour of need, brought to me by the wings of Merlin.  As before, you shall lead England against a terrible foe to the East."

The picture here is of Arthur, now the Superhero The Pendragon, emerging from the Pool just before his flight to Dunkirk.

HE would go on to stop multiple supernatural Nazi menaces.

(So, going full Arthurian Myth here: LAdy of the lake, Arthur King, a Spitfire's engine was a Merlin, England's Darkest Hour)

Royal Pain is MI5's resident mentalist and is most often seen in costume providing an intimidating security presence for the Queen at public appearances.

He's best known for his psychic pain attack which feels somewhat like you're being roasted alive but he has (at the least) the full suite of abilities you might expect from one of the world's top mentalists. The full range of his abilities are officially a State Secret and the British press are restricted in what they're able to print of his powers and activities.

Royal Pain is considered an asset for both MI5 and MI6 (considered, that is, by the public and by many foreign intelligence services though both British services would deny he is a joint asset) and is thought to have gotten his hands very dirty in a variety of situations around the world.

But all in service to the Crown, of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Subject 2148 had escaped the painful experiments and cruel scientists of the Kobayashi Institute, but the security team was hot on his trail. He attempted to hide in a junkyard, but as his pursuers closed in he closed his eyes and wished for a friend to help protect and save him. When he opened his eyes that friend stood before him. The Janku Kyojin(Junk Giant), as this manifestation of Subject 2148's abilities would be dubbed by the Institute, easily dispatched the security team. Subject 2148 and his new friend escaped into the night. Thus was the beginning of their adventures together.

7 hours ago, Quackhell said:

Subject 2148 had escaped the painful experiments and cruel scientists of the Kobayashi Institute, but the security team was hot on his trail. He attempted to hide in a junkyard, but as his pursuers closed in he closed his eyes and wished for a friend to help protect and save him. When he opened his eyes that friend stood before him. The Janku Kyojin(Junk Giant), as this manifestation of Subject 2148's abilities would be dubbed by the Institute, easily dispatched the security team. Subject 2148 and his new friend escaped into the night. Thus was the beginning of their adventures together.

You know, I saw that picture and thought "I might take a shot at this one."

But Dude, I can't possibly beat that.   That was just beautiful, and it matched even the emotion of the image.  Well done, my friend.  Very, very well done.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Quackhell said:

Thrash.jpg

Green Racer

When Brant Maddock and Bryant Maddock found that they could not employment due to their records they decided that there was another way for them to utilise their talents. They were skilled at mechanical things so they turned their minds to the world of supporting a vigilante or a paranormal. First they needed to find a suitable candidate and then play to his strengths as a woman would not be able to work with them. Luck was with them when they came across Brian Eagle who had just been controversially disqualified from the skateboarding championships. The two men approached Brian while he was under the influence of alcohol or drugs and persuaded him that he could have a new career path. Brian agreed perhaps because he was stoned, The Maddocks first checked the junkyards and found several pieces of metal and plastic that they could mould into shape. They fabricated a mask for him, skates and staves. Then Brian was able to take to the streets as the Green Racer. What you see now is latest version.

(Note this is left open so he could be a hero or a villain) 

Sorry, things at work and home have been overly busy lately, and I haven't posted in this thread.

Hmmm...  belt pouches?  Check.  Skull-and-crossbones?  Check.  Ragged cape?  Check.  So let's take a step back to the 1990s...

Who am I?  They call me DeathStone.  Well, the police and media do.  My enemies mainly scream, "Oh no!  Not him!  Please, dear Gaaaa..."

(No, I don't need a throat lozenge.  My voice is always this gravelly.)

That stone on my forehead?  It lets me see the darkness in men's souls.  Then my touch removes that darkness... along with their skin, some muscle, and most often their ability to continue breathing. 

DeathStone!  Hear my name, scum of the Earth, and tremble in fear!

(Honestly, get those cough drops away from me.)

Bola's going to win

Lord Death.  Once he was an angel in heaven, one of the "Vengeance is the Lord" Type...then the fall came.

Spending time in hell was, well hell for him.  Yes the torturing sinners was fun and all, but he still had the nature of an angel, wanting to do good in the world.  Then when one of those cosmic crossover things happened he found himself on earth again...but he had to bind his soul with that of a mortal or he would return to hell.  He found Jane Johnson, 13 years old, coming to grips with herself being bi.  

Now the two share one body.  Jane is even more confused than ever, dealing with her sexuality, the fact that at times she literally transforms into a man (something she does not think of herself as) and that the Demon inside of her quite literally likes to rend the flesh off of mortals...