Supers Image game

phoenix240

14 hours ago, Quackhell said:

Not sure anyone has any interest in keeping this thread going, but i thought i would bump it up and see. I enjoy the exercise in imagination, but if no one else is interested i understand. Or maybe a change in the rules/format? I don't really have any suggestions, i just enjoyed participating. So thoughts are welcome, or we can just let this one fade away.  

I realize I’m the outsider in this thread since I can’t play, but it’s always been a lot of fun to check out and I hope it doesn’t end up getting shut down.   Keep the faith.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2020 at 10:36 AM, Lord Liaden said:

Um, I'm not sure a black man drawing on the British Empire would be the most appropriate motif. But modern Britain, sure.

This isn’t a shot at you but....Why not?  Isn’t Marvel’s current Capt. Britain a Muslim woman?  A love of country and the morals to be a hero aren’t or at least shouldn’t be based on race.  Besides Great Britain outlawed slavery long before the U.S. and we have no claim to be free of racism.

My only point with the character is that I believe they have Aslan misspelled. At least according to C.S. Lewis.

edit; 2 hours later  After checking the Marvel Database I find that I am incorrect about the existence of a female, Muslim Capt. Britain. 

Edited by Tjack

Black Lion's Mane is a brick, with enhanced strength, toughness, and the ability to leap great distances.  He claims that his powers come from his "enchanted" lion head necklace, but it's no more enchanted than his cape or belt.  Black Lion's Mane is actually a mutant, though he doesn't advertise this for fear of reprisals.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Okay, who is this lass?

JadeDesign.thumb.jpg.c700502aee63cc718630e08a6f44a381.jpg

She is The Troubleshooter. A mercenary with tons of electronic skills.

Unbenounced to most everyone, she is an android created by ARGENT to be a test subject for various products (including herself, as there are a warehouse full of inactive Troubleshooters to take her place).

2 hours ago, BoloOfEarth said:

Okay, who is this lass?

JadeDesign.thumb.jpg.c700502aee63cc718630e08a6f44a381.jpg

The enigmatic and roughshod leader of mercenary group The Saboteurs, Stainless Steel is always decked out to the nines. Not in a ballroom gown, but in an assortment of gadgets provided by their very own resident Mad Scientist, Composite. From the Jet Skater Boots to her Stunning Blaster, and not to mention her signature Steely Gaze Sword, she's mean, lean, and horrifyingly swift at her work.

The defacto leader on actual ops, she had been just a hired gun for a low ranking mobster. But, when a run went south due to a rival gang showing up, things went south fast. When she woke up on Composite's medical bench, it was a good thing she'd been disarmed first! A short argument over whether to thank or shoot him for saving her, and she was roped into the Mad Man's Plan. To take vengeance against his cooperate Rival, Hardline Industries! A lifedebt owed, she agreed on the condition she run the ops. 

Fighting alongside their resident Brickhouse, Cast Iron, she provides the speed where as he provides the raw power of the two. With their six covered by Brass, a hotshot sniper, the team does good work, with only one rule. Only locations, not targets. Too much bad blood from a bit too much blood. A Hit squad they are not. They are... The Saboteurs.

The dark and edgy Klikita Klak, reknowned and feared plastic cyborg.

Years ago, when a large enough group of comic book collectors had decided they could stand no more, they rounded up all the Rob Liefeld comics they could afford and burned them in the largest crucible hung in the old abandoned foundry, murmuring curses and shouting confusing-yet-clearly-hateful things as they did so.....

Fifteen years later, the old foundry was purchased and converted to store front and mini-amusement park by a european company famous for its line of construction toys.  If only that down-on-her-luck cat burglar hadn't decided to find and loot the safe.  If only those comic book collectors hadn't quoted random bits of movie gibberish, accidentally invoking an ancient curse...  if only she hadn't fallen into that cursed vat of rejected Bionicle parts.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
6 hours ago, DusterBoy said:

Now I have the urge to play in this sand pit. This is hilarious,

Dates it I know...only place I could think of to put it w/o starting a new thread.

Then again I watched Howard the duck too last night....

• 2 months later...
21 hours ago, Quackhell said:

Thought I would throw an image out there to try and rekindle this thread. Maybe we loosen things up a bit and just forgo the picking winners deal and just let people post ideas and their own images if they wish. 

Breakdown or Beatdown.jpeg

She is Strike. Her suit absorbs and redirects kinetic energy.