Supers Image game

phoenix240

13 minutes ago, Quackhell said:

1111507413_Japaneseshspeshifter.thumb.jpg.fe6bafc8c17501c04cfb42300d3b4b83.jpg

All right what is his story?

He is Sir Rodrick Rodgers-Smith the Third. One of the greatest big game hunters in the world, he got bored with conventional prey. Heck, he got board hunting humans also. So...he started big game hunting in the entire universe. One day, one of his prey races almost got away. It decided to merge with Rodrick instead of being a trophy for him. The merger allows Sir Rodrick to use his body as the ultimate weapon in future hunts.

Sir Rodrick doesn't have a supervillain name. Why bother when the prey isn't going to be alive long enough to hear it. Others in the same profession Sir Rodrick is in has refered to him as Extro-Smith. He doesn't actually care for the name.

Half Bad

Who he was before the experiments is unknown. What he is now is not Half Bad. He adopted the latter part of the phrase as his nom de guerre. His appearance is the first disquieting thing about him but his presence can make people uneasy and in some cases physically ill or mentally distressed. He can see outside normal human experience and can also hear outside normal human range. What he can do now is beyond what those who experimented on him tried to accomplish. But what it was they were trying to accomplish is unknown as are the identities of the people involved. Some point fingers at Dr Nymax! but then there would be something amusing about him and there is nothing remotely amusing about Half Bad. He says very little and has enhanced strength, endurance, agility and the ability to escape most bonds and see through all forms of concealment like disguises and darkness fields. He does not play well with others.

55 minutes ago, Tjack said:

Don’t go dissin’ “King” Kirby ‘round here.

Galactus's hat.

Actually, anyone's hat.

The man could draw; I will _not_ take that away from him, and I will publicly announce my never-ending jealously of _anyone_ that can.

But his fashion sense-- the various costumes and such that he is responsible for.....

>shudder<

5 minutes ago, Duke Bushido said:

Galactus's hat.

Actually, anyone's hat.

The man could draw; I will _not_ take that away from him, and I will publicly announce my never-ending jealously of _anyone_ that can.

But his fashion sense-- the various costumes and such that he is responsible for.....

>shudder<

Granted, some of the Fourth World/Eternals stuff could be pretty out there. But the costumes of the Fantastic Four & Challengers of the Unknown are classics. Clean and simple, copied by everyone.  The era of the ‘60’s and ‘70s fashions and art were equally ugly and probably had a lot to do with all that 

I’m just getting in the habit of sticking up for Jack Kirby since he didn’t get the recognition he deserved from the MCU movies until recently.

• 3 weeks later...

GEM(Green Eyed Monster)

Envy Salvail was a fashion model renowned for her beauty and also for fits of jealous rage with her fellow models. Her outbursts were infamous and added to her notoriety, but also lost her some jobs. Her life changed when she was introduced to Sebastion St Laurent at a party. Unknown to most was that St Laurent was also known as Le Don a mutant with the power to unlock superhuman abilities in others. He eventually revealed this to Salvail and offered to try to gift her an ability. She agreed and she gained the power to channel her jealous anger into others forcing them into irrational behavior and even violence. At first she just used this to sabotage her competition and rivals in the modeling world, but under Le Don's influence would eventually turn to a life of crime. She would then join up with his other "creations" in the villain team called Eurotrash.

Savant Y

This is a lesson in censorship and specifically not allowing your children to become addicted to comic books about mutants. After suffering cancer and becoming bald through chemotherapy, Alice Judd was given comics to read and became obsessed with one about mutants. Their leader was also bald and disabled which gave Alice a real boost. What went wrong was that she had the comics in order and mot immediately up to date so she followed the story from the beginning. What then happens later on when said leader of the mutants dies at the hands of his pupils ? Alice suffers a breakdown. She became convinced she was the leader reborn, after all did he not have a sister ? And as the message was always one of redemption of even the most vile of their enemies did this not also fit ? Alice has renamed herself Savant Y in honour of her fallen hero. Her mental powers are a little bit limited at present but as the leader's spirit gets used to the new body they will grow, you'll see.

Alice does have mental power through her genetics or the chemotherapy, who knows ? She is wanted by the police and her parents who just believe she has had a breakdown 

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my god. I forgot about this.

Winner is death tribble.

Again, this is a Sailor Moon fan character I created and arted up by Haruka Kou Crystal. She is Sailor Mythil Medusa, a member of the Shadow Galaxia.  Her true form is a humanoid serpent (naga type), and her magical powers have things to do with rock/earth. Including turning people to Stone with her breath.

1 hour ago, death tribble said:

I win with a Professor X mockery ? How bizarre !

Anyhow who is this ?

black_alice__earth_27__commission_by_phil_cho_ddwph8n-fullview.jpg

She is Rebecca DeSpellor, who causes mischief as the spellcasting Darkrune. She won't tell how she can cast her magic. Or how a mere 17 year old goth girl with a short attention span could learn to do what many mystics say should take 100 years to learn. Rumors about dark packs with underworld beings, homicidal slashers, wild parties, drugs, and a cute bunny rabbit have been waved about as her origin.

She has no time or reason to do what she does. She cast spells to do things cause she is either bored, or have to defend herself from people who have powers and want her to remain bored.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I wont say you learn to like it, and you get used to it sounds too jaded, but I have buried all four grandparents, one father in law, one foster father, three uncles, a first wife, a dozen friends, two brothers and two children.

It will never not be awful, but there is a point at which you just accept that the misery is normal.

On 3/27/2022 at 10:37 AM, death tribble said:

I win with a Professor X mockery ? How bizarre !

Anyhow who is this ?

black_alice__earth_27__commission_by_phil_cho_ddwph8n-fullview.jpg

Funny, that'd've made a good illo of a minor NPC in my last Champions campaign.  Her name was Hex, tersely described in my notes as "young witch, with attitude."

• 2 weeks later...