Supers Image game

phoenix240

On 6/15/2022 at 11:55 PM, steriaca said:

Ok. I found a good pic. See if this appeals to you.

images (1).jpeg

Ty-Gor

He is the tyrannical ruler of the kingdom of  Organia having dethroned the benevolent King Ly-On. He commands his legion of henchman which include Spy-dor, Ry-No, Drag-On, and Pan-Tha.

He is opposed by Princess Pegasus(actually Gwendolyn Ramsey who travelled to this world from our earth via a magic mirror that transformed her to the same animal human hybrid state as everyone in Organia). She has allies in the former members of Ly-On's royal court in Battle Bear, Sir Swift Steed, Lady Peacock and Roo the Jester.

5 hours ago, steriaca said:

Quackhell, you got the next pic.

In case you want to know: this is Archduck Gorgon from the anime/manga Mazinger Z. He is the third pseudo cyborg henchman of Dr. Hell (the others are Circus crossdresser Baron Ashura and almost headless nazi cyborg guy Count Broken).

Mazinger Z sounds....interesting. 😀

8 hours ago, Quackhell said:

Okay let's give this one a go.

CyberFox OC commission by phil-cho on DeviantArt.jpeg

He is the Rocketrider (honestly a kinda hidden Karmen Rider character). He rides around The World using his hi-tech motorcycle, armored suit, and martial arts skills to solve someone's problems as he searches for enlightenment. Sometimes he takes an odd job here or there, but he rairly sticks around in one place for more than three months. He is more attracted to the concept of Justice as opposed to Law, and is willing to disobey the law if it gets in the way of Justice. 

It should be noted that thoes "guns" are thrusters, actually allowing Rocketrider a lot of mobility in combat, and can act like powerful kinetic cannons using his opponents as missiles against other opponents. 

Cyberian is a time traveller from a rather dystopian possible future where cyborg androids are created with animal features to distinguish them from humans.  After the war he was made to fight in, he went into business as a bounty hunter and it was in that role that he ended up pursuing his prey into modern times, where he still works as a mercenary/bounty hunter.  He's inhumanly strong, quick and has enhanced senses and still has his bike, weapons and armour from the future.  

On 3/30/2015 at 8:56 PM, Clonus said:

Reaver:  George Temple was nothing more than a barely out of high-school museum security guard until the new acquisition from a battlefield archaeological dig began talking to him, telling him how much power was there for the taking...  Since he stole the eerie red sword, he has crossed blades with Jack Riddle, Scarborough Fair and the Brides of Adrian Messenger but so far has managed to retain his link to the sword while working as a super-mercenary.  

Powers:  Bullet and beam deflection, Regeneration of other injuries (but with an accompanying compulsion to draw blood), psychic link to his sword so he always knows where it is and can use it with expert skill, limited precognition, armour piercing melee attack.  He also wears some body armour.

Scrawled on the sword are the words in an ancient tongue, "Please return to E of Melnibone".

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Clonus said:

d8ljjgk-06986372-6a3c-4da9-9537-8937b3ea

This is the cosmic enforcer by the name of Redgem. Redgem works for various cosmic personifications, andcan be either good, evil, or neutral. Nobody knows why Redgem works for who he does, when he does.

He has seemingly unlimited strength, endurance, cosmic levels of mind protection, can shoot various red beams out of his namesakes he wears, doing various things.

It should be noted, he doesn't appear to actually possess eyes as we know it. It is assumed by superbeing who had met him that he actually sees through the red gems around his body.

19 hours ago, Clonus said:

d8ljjgk-06986372-6a3c-4da9-9537-8937b3ea

Dark Triad

A humanoid shaped shell that is powered by three alien entities that appear as red orbs. Illevai is the orb in position of the body's forehead and it is obsessed with enacting callous control over others and has the ability to subjugate victims. Carnn is on the back of the left hand and is an egomaniac that is often given to displays of grand power using energy manipulation and gravity control. Hysth is the final entity on the back of the right hand and is the most montrous entity with no mercy and delights in death and suffering. The body of the Triad is a nearly indestructible super dense matter. The orbs themselves seem immune to most forms of attack. The three entities will generally work together towards a common goal, but given their extreme natures will often disagree and come into conflict within their own body.

9 minutes ago, Quackhell said:

Sphere.png

Orbous is an odd villain of unknown origin.  He is sometimes refered to as the Marbles Man. He is able to break himself down to metal balls. He can use thoes balls as weapons or tools, and has complete control over them. Each ball seems indestructible, and it seems no force in the universe can keep him from getting himself back together once he separates parts of himself (othoe there is time depending on distance).

Some believe Orbous is a robot of some kind. Others talk of a villain hiding in a ball bearing factory when some superhero unleashed a strange power. Only Orbous knows for sure, and in this form he is not telling.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Well it has been over a year now and no entries so how about this instead. What can you tell me about him ?

image.thumb.png.73545aa49132dc725dfaf950a306a6e3.png

Andrew Dezlmin was exploring the Louisiana countryside when he got lost. He attempted to make his way back when he got trapped in a bog. Going under,  he was certain that he was lost,  but a voice in his head said that he could escape if he did something else in exchange. Agreeing, he discovered that he not only was out of the bog but back in the city, transformed.  Now, he attempts to make the most of his new abilities,  but has a voice telling him what he should do all the time. 

Spoiler

The voice came from Sobek, desiring to make a return from the place where he was trapped. 

2 hours ago, death tribble said:

Well it has been over a year now and no entries so how about this instead. What can you tell me about him ?

image.thumb.png.73545aa49132dc725dfaf950a306a6e3.png

This is the avatar of the Egyptian deity Sabeck. Sabeck is the Egyptian crocodile god of the rivers and is said to devour hearts of the impure dead.

Sabeck is neither good nor evil and can act as a hero, villain, or whatever on a welm.

This is a cute game.  I refuse to do the obvious, and that snout's more gator than croc anyway, so:

Florida Man - The product of a botched supersoldier program using retroviral treatments to empower "volunteers" with animalistic capabilities, Florida Man is largely amnesiac about his previous life (much like fellow test subject the Mighty Bullfrog).  He's acted a shades-of-gray hero or antihero (and occasionally a villainous dupe) over the last few years as he seeks to learn more about himself and the scientists who transformed him.  As you might expect, he has superhuman strength and durability, his jaws that can bite through a steel I-beam, and can hold his breath for absurd periods of time, see in the dark, and manage some remarkable short-term bursts of speed for a brick archetype.  His blood also contains powerful antiviral and antibiotic properties and for unknown reasons doesn't trigger immune responses in most humans, making transfusions a viable cure for many infections as well as promoting regenerative healing - with only the smallest risk of passing along his "condition" and creating a new gator-human hybrid with scrambled memories.  Honest, it's probably perfectly safe.  Don't ask about She-Gator.

Florida Man is quick to take offense when mistaken for anything even vaguely Egyptian, and insists he's a US citizen who was born in Tampa (he thinks...) despite lack of proper ID.  Other things that annoy him are luggage jokes, asking him if he eats his meat raw ("Gross, I don't even like sushi."), and people assuming he's an idiot.  His altered physique still hasn't managed to completely obliterate that Floridian accent, although he hisses more than he used to.  He does not, in fact, like biting people at all ("You all taste terrible.  What, do you think I don't have taste buds?") and usually sticks to chomping inanimate objects as a show of force.  Cold temperatures (below freezing) make him increasingly torpid, and he'll eventually lapse into complete inactivity if exposed for long enough.  He also doesn't like salt water much, although he's not as sensitive to it as actual alligators are.

Those are loose swimming trunks he's wearing, not some weird foreign skirt, and lots of supers wear utility belts.  How else is he supposed to keep his phone dry?  The boots are custom jobs designed to handle his mass and amphibian lifestyle, and the weighted wristbands add a little something extra to his punches.  He might bundle up in the largest trenchcoat he can find if trying to go incognito or if it's cold out, which works about as badly as you'd expect.  If he's working with technically-minded allies they'll usually try to find him a holo-projector disguise gadget and/or some kind of personal heating field as needed, but he tends to break such things pretty quickly during brawls.

Edited by Rich McGee

7 hours ago, death tribble said:

I will wait up to another six days before announcing a winner as per usual.

Yeah, I was going to say the original "three submissions or a week, whichever comes first" thing seemed awfully tight.  I was still typing mine when the second one came through.  Seems to have been discussed several times in the past now that I've gone back through and skimmed the whole thread.  Going seven days seems like it would work better.

Also, while I'm too lazy to stat up my entry for Champions, the Sentinel Comics RPG takes me less effort, so here's Florida Man for that game over on my blog.  I've included links giving credit where credit is due to both DT and the artist, since he definitely wouldn't exist without their inspiration.

Edited by Rich McGee