In for a penny, in for $90....

AncientVaults

Thanks to the positive encouragement, mentions of Lord Dunsany, a bit of nostalgia upon reading the complete rules and an awesome bit of luck, I recently won an ebay auction for:

• Fantasy Hero 6th Edition Hardcover Rule Book
  • Hero System Bestiary 6th edition
  • Hero System Grimoire 6th edition
  • Hero System Grimoiore II 5th edition (bonus)
  • Hero System Turakian Age 5th edition (bonus)

For $90, which the 6th edition Fantasy Hero rulebook cannot be found used that cheaply anywhere and by the picture everything looks like it is off the shelf at a gaming store. So I am going over the Complete rules as I wait and putting together some Olde Timey style fey (working on spriggans right now) to pester my group with.

I keep seeing posts related to this and it makes me think I need to liquidate all my duplicate copies and extras. The majority of the time I only use my PDFs anyway so having the excesses liquidated could provide a lot of money for more toys.

Hello all. This is my first post here.

I also just got a good deal on a copy of Fantasy Hero 6th Edition. If it is anything like as good as Star Hero then I'll be very happy.

I used to play Hero System back during 4th Edition and am just coming back to it. I like the 6th Edition very much. It's really good.

I've managed to order a copy of Combat & Adventuring but trying to fing the Character Creation book for a reasonable price is really tough. Same with the Champins hardcover. Oh well. I bought the pdfs and they read well on my iPad.

A real highlight of the system for me is the Bestiary. It's terrific.

I've managed to order a copy of Combat & Adventuring but trying to fing the Character Creation book for a reasonable price is really tough. Same with the Champins hardcover. Oh well. I bought the pdfs and they read well on my iPad.

A real highlight of the system for me is the Bestiary. It's terrific.

Some people have used a POD service (Lulu, IIRC) for the 6e PDFs and been quite pleased. There's a thread in one of the support forums here.

A couple years ago I went on a "buy hardcopy hero" binge.  HeroStore, eBay and anywhere else.  I have 3 full sets of the Hero 6th Vol 1 & 2.  2 copies of the hard copy Fantasy Hero, 3 Pulp Heroes and so on.   

I really prefer hardcopy during my creative phase of a game build.  PDF's are great in-game for fast reference, but really crush me when I am working up a game. 

Edited by Spence

Some people have used a POD service (Lulu, IIRC) for the 6e PDFs and been quite pleased. There's a thread in one of the support forums here.

One is not going to get a full-color, hardcover version of 6E1 from a POD service at a "reasonable price". Prices only become reasonable when you do B&W interior pages (softcover vs. hardcover binding is not much of a price difference, at least not compared to color vs. b&w pages). Revturkey is probably better off just waiting for a clean copy of 6E1 to miraculously appear somewhere for under $100.

Yep. I have my beady eye on the job :)

My collection of books so far:

(Some haven't arrived yet though)

Champions Complete

Hero System Core Book 2

Star Hero

Fantasy Hero

Equipment Guide

Grimoire

Bestiary

Champions Powers

So I am nearly all set. I have bought pdfs of the Core Rules and Champions to manage with.

I bought Star Hero on a whim just to have a look and it impressed me a great deal. So much I can use for any game system too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...