Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unlike the viewers, I don't think Superman knew that the brutal vigilante who brands Bat-Symbols onto thugs would be concerned about the danger to his mother. Both Bats and Supes were operating based solely on what the general public knew about the other, so neither was viewing the other as, in any way, a sympathetic character rather than a dangerous threat.

Neither could see the player of the other PC across the game table.

I see your point. You're right, neither of them knew much about the other. I can see that Batfleck might come out shooting. But as Lord Liaden posted - there was no reason for Supes to get upset with him. Especially if we consider that he had approached Batman for help. (Surely we don't think Supes seriously considering caving into Luthor's request for Batman's head?)

But basically I agree with the others who have beaten me to the punch in replying to this. Big Damn Hero sums it up best for me in post #921.

• 4 months later...

I watched Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice again over the weekend.  I also watched DC Superhero Girls Galactic Wonder, a Lego computer animated adventure.

I think Batman v. Superman would have been better if they used Lego. 

• 6 months later...

Admittedly, at this point dumping on Batman v Superman is piling on a dead horse with an elephant gun, or some similarly mixed metaphors. But the guy who does the Really That Good videos (well worth watching!) did a series dissecting everything wrong with BvS. There was SO MUCH wrong that it took three 1-hour episodes to go through it all! But hey, it's way more entertaining - and more well-thought-out - than actually watching the movie. What I like is that while he's clearly a fanboy, he comes at it from a filmmaking standpoint. In other words, as I've said before, the problem isn't (just) that they make a dark & gritty Superman, the problem is they made it badly.

From a fan standpoint, I think his best insight comes from examining what Snyder got right and what he got wrong with Watchmen. Basically Snyder understood what worked in Watchmen, but not why it worked. Paraphrasing here: Watchmen was meant as a cautionary tale about why superheroes in the real world would actually be a Very Bad Thing, but Snyder saw it as an instruction manual.

• 3 years later...

I finally saw this. It finally screened on free TV. Bear in mind that Wonder Woman and Justice League have already screened on free TV.

Affleck and Gadot are the real assets in the film.  Jesse Eisenberg is a major drawback. Someone in the script department obviously did not understand Lex Luthor and that undermines the whole thing.

The whole Martha thing does not hold water.

Nor does the callous disregard for life that the scriptwriters have.

Based on this, no more Superman films.

But an Affleck Batman would have been good. And I do like Gadot as Wonder Woman. She and Affleck are worth watching the film for.

9 minutes ago, death tribble said:

I finally saw this. It finally screened on free TV. Bear in mind that Wonder Woman and Justice League have already screened on free TV.

Affleck and Gadot are the real assets in the film.  Jesse Eisenberg is a major drawback. Someone in the script department obviously did not understand Lex Luthor and that undermines the whole thing.

The whole Martha thing does not hold water.

Nor does the callous disregard for life that the scriptwriters have.

Based on this, no more Superman films.

But an Affleck Batman would have been good. And I do like Gadot as Wonder Woman. She and Affleck are worth watching the film for.

I absolutely love the interactions between Bruce and Diana as they are both seeking the information at the party.