Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new Lex looks like the type who'd mess up your day with a negative social media campaign. (And also like an evil Michael Cera.)

Wonder Woman is a spitting image of Elektra in the scene where she's taking some knockback. (Looks like she makes a decent WW too.)

I wonder if she's actually causing the explosion by slamming her bracers together, or if the trailer was just cut to give that impression. It's not something I've seen her do in comics, but it does up her badass factor for the movie. (Provided it's not just creative cutting.)

We'll probably go see this one in the movie theater.

I found this pic of Khal-Aquaman the other day:

Batman-V-Superman-Jason-Mamoa-Aquaman-Im

I like the look. Seems like a good fit for the movie.

I do hope that there's some non-dark/non-gritty scenery to be had in the movie. I wouldn't want to sit through two or three hours of that atmosphere.

Did you see all of the collateral damage? I'm pretty sure Lexcorp is standing by to rebuild all of those buildings. His master plan is really to get Supes and Bats to fight so he can get paid to clean up the mess! Or buy up the land cheap. OK, let's hope they don't do more real estate shenanigans this time around.

I think that collateral damage is from Man Of Steel, just from Wayne's point of view. They need that to justify the antagonistic attitude Batman has towards Superman in the film.  Batman would always prepare something to take Superman down, because he's Batman, but he wouldn't start on the offensive without some type of motivation to think the worst. And Lex is probably inciting Wayne and any other members of the rich establishment against Superman because he's Lex.

I really liked the trailer in most respects. I like Alfred trying to be the voice of conscience. I love what we see of Wonder Woman (Brief though it is). I liked Affleck as Daredevil so I bear no hostility towards the guy as Batman, and the suit looks better in motion than I thought it would. Superman seems to have a slightly brighter palate on his costume, good. Straight up confirmation that lex is manipulating things behind the scene. In fact, it really has boosted my interest a lot!

That said, Lex needs to lose his hair imo. And I wish they'd tone down the "I auditioned for the joker but they gave me Lex instead" vibe I'm getting. To use game parlance, I prefer my Lex Luthor Lawful Evil.

I like Man of Steel a lot personally.

This trailer looks really good, and I will be there on opening weekend.

I like the take on Lex.  I liked the little we saw on Wonder Woman.  I saw Zod's Body and kyptonite. I suspect Zod will be a lead in to Bizarro or Doomsday. I'm thinking the militia with the S patch is either something Lex setup, or a nightmare sequence from Bruce's POV. What looked like Dick's grave, and the robin suit with the note on it in the cave.

Of the "superhero fights superhero" movies I'm looking forward to this more than Civil War, as much as I love Cap.

I like the take on Lex. I liked the little we saw on Wonder Woman. I saw Zod's Body and kyptonite. I suspect Zod will be a lead in to Bizarro or Doomsday. I'm thinking the militia with the S patch is either something Lex setup, or a nightmare sequence from Bruce's POV. What looked like Dick's grave, and the robin suit with the note on it in the cave.

Of the "superhero fights superhero" movies I'm looking forward to this more than Civil War, as much as I love Cap.

I'm with you. I liked Man of Steel. Story notwithstanding. Im looking forward to this one, though I favor Marvel currently, Snyder is my favorite director when it comes to action and were he to be paired with a better writer with a greater eye toward adhering to source material where possible, then I think Justice League has the potential to be the best superhero series ever filmed. But unfortunately they paired him with Goyer :(

I like the take on Lex.  I liked the little we saw on Wonder Woman.  I saw Zod's Body and kyptonite. I suspect Zod will be a lead in to Bizarro or Doomsday. I'm thinking the militia with the S patch is either something Lex setup, or a nightmare sequence from Bruce's POV. What looked like Dick's grave, and the robin suit with the note on it in the cave.

I'm with you. I liked Man of Steel. Story notwithstanding. Im looking forward to this one, though I favor Marvel currently, Snyder is my favorite director when it comes to action and were he to be paired with a better writer with a greater eye toward adhering to source material where possible, then I think Justice League has the potential to be the best superhero series ever filmed. But unfortunately they paired him with Goyer :(

Oh my god! Two other people, besides me, who liked Man of Steel! Sometimes I think we're rarer than unicorns. :winkgrin:  And I don't even like Snyder. (As a director. I'm sure he's a lovely human being.)

As for Lex's hair, I think it's supposed to be a wig.

Oh my god! Two other people, besides me, who liked Man of Steel! Sometimes I think we're rarer than unicorns. :winkgrin:  And I don't even like Snyder. (As a director. I'm sure he's a lovely human being.)

As for Lex's hair, I think it's supposed to be a wig.

While I thought it could've been better, I didn't hate Man of Steel.  My major bone of contention was the portrayal of Pa Kent, rather then the fight with Zod at the end.  Given Zod's fighting skill and clear psychosis, Clark was lucky to have kept the collateral damage down to what it was.

Good news!

Goyer is off the script! They had another writer come in and rewrite. The guy that worked with Affleck on Argo. So the destroyer of franchises is out. That make me more confident in this film.

Rumor has it that Affleck didnt like the script and wouldnt do it till it was rewritten. Dont know if thats legit though.