Vampire Diaries?

I know very little about the Vampire Diaries/Originals. I watched like six episodes of the first season of Vamp Diaries and decided it was not my cuppa. Looking up the abilities of vamps on a wiki, it looks like your basic super duper human that feeds on blood. I noticed that they retconned some abilities out. Are you planning on sticking pretty close to canon sources?

If there is some leeway, I would just build a setting inspired by VD/O. Make up some common supernatural packages. Easier said than done right? I looked up Urban Fantasy Hero for help there and the vamp in there has every variant ability thrown in to it. Not much help there. So pick a power level. Low-powered supers seems to be "about" right. Build up the packages for Vampires, Werewolves, etc. There used to be a couple of World of Darkness resources that might have helped but a recent search only came up with this link: http://hrclark333.tripod.com/roleplaystuff.html

Hope you find your way.

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I know very little about the Vampire Diaries/Originals. I watched like six episodes of the first season of Vamp Diaries and decided it was not my cuppa. Looking up the abilities of vamps on a wiki, it looks like your basic super duper human that feeds on blood. I noticed that they retconned some abilities out. Are you planning on sticking pretty close to canon sources?

If there is some leeway, I would just build a setting inspired by VD/O. Make up some common supernatural packages. Easier said than done right? I looked up Urban Fantasy Hero for help there and the vamp in there has every variant ability thrown in to it. Not much help there. So pick a power level. Low-powered supers seems to be "about" right. Build up the packages for Vampires, Werewolves, etc. There used to be a couple of World of Darkness resources that might have helped but a recent search only came up with this link: http://hrclark333.tripod.com/roleplaystuff.html

Hope you find your way.

You mean hot teen ingenue woth the special snowflake mystery background torn between beefcake male model worthy vampire brothers at odds with one another over her is not marketed with you in mind? Let alone her hot friends all falling in love with every sexy bump in the night that crosses their path? It's a paranormal telenovela! Deep shocked Latino Dracula voice: Maria!

You mean hot teen ingenue woth the special snowflake mystery background torn between beefcake male model worthy vampire brothers at odds with one another over her is not marketed with you in mind? Let alone her hot friends all falling in love with every sexy bump in the night that crosses their path? It's a paranormal telenovela! Deep shocked Latino Dracula voice: Maria!

In a word, "No." :D

• 2 weeks later...

Here are a number of different vampires

http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/product/16-bloodsucker-rampage-pdf/

Vamps from the VampDiaries and The Originals are pretty standard Anne Rice style vamps power wise. Werewolves can turn into huge Wolves, are stronger in wolf form and have regeneration. Also Werewolf bites are poisonous to Vampires. Witches can cast whatever spells the plot requires.

Vamps burst into flame in the light of the Sun, unless they are wearing a special ring made by Witches. Werewolves lose control when they turn into Wolf Form unless they are wearing a ring designed by witches that allow them to keep their consciousness while in wolf form.

Here are a number of different vampires

http://www.herogames.com/forums/store/product/16-bloodsucker-rampage-pdf/

Vamps from the VampDiaries and The Originals are pretty standard Anne Rice style vamps power wise. Werewolves can turn into huge Wolves, are stronger in wolf form and have regeneration. Also Werewolf bites are poisonous to Vampires. Witches can cast whatever spells the plot requires.

Vamps burst into flame in the light of the Sun, unless they are wearing a special ring made by Witches. Werewolves lose control when they turn into Wolf Form unless they are wearing a ring designed by witches that allow them to keep their consciousness while in wolf form.

Personally, Vampire Diaries vamps are fine. I like the AR vamps more or less. And the WW vamps.

They are the "basic black" of the vamp fashion world.

Far better than Twilight sparklypires, who are the cheap sequined cocktail dress.

And, if I'm being honest, my supers games often vibe telenovela.

Its just, I'm not the target demographic for VD...  

Personally, Vampire Diaries vamps are fine. I like the AR vamps more or less. And the WW vamps.

They are the "basic black" of the vamp fashion world.

Far better than Twilight sparklypires, who are the cheap sequined cocktail dress.

And, if I'm being honest, my supers games often vibe telenovela.

Its just, I'm not the target demographic for VD...  

Me either, but the Originals was much more fun and way less creepy (aka hundred year old man picking up high school girls). At least the characters are pretty much all adults.

Me either, but the Originals was much more fun and way less creepy (aka hundred year old man picking up high school girls). At least the characters are pretty much all adults.

I did like the Originals. I just have a limited number of hours in the day and it didn't make the final cut.

I did like the Originals. I just have a limited number of hours in the day and it didn't make the final cut.

Thanks to my PVR I made it though the first couple of seasons or so. Eventually I got sick of the whole thing.