Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

薔薇語

Season Three Arena Draft concepts

Well, that idea is going about as well as expected icon_lol.gif

Here's what I think will work better. Having individual matches in the standard season for non-powered characters. They would either be non-powered already, or any supers put in would be de-powered. Think of Superman vs. Muhammad Ali. We can make it happen.

superman-muhammed-ali.jpg

18zq8vq6b90twjpg.jpg

That's funny. I was considering Ali for a draft pick.

Perhaps just revise the limits from non-powered to street-level characters? Like with Superman and other too-powerful types, the Commissioner can disallow anyone outside of the approved ability level. That would probably allow in Black Lightning and Iron Fist, but Moondragon would be too powerful. Mentalists might just be blanket disallowed since they are not street-level types.

Maybe. But disallowing all mentalists might be an easier solution than making the Commissioner judge more cases. I realize this could disallow The Shadow though.

Spellcasters are probably another case where a blanket disallowance might be best.

Having taken a couple of weeks to look at options, reread this thread, and contemplate things without worrying about today's votes, I think I'm in favor of running Season Three pretty much like the first two seasons. Take one more season to establish a baseline before altering the formula too drastically.

YMMV, of course, but that's my vote.

Interesting to read this thread again now that Season III is complete. The whole bit about 'Kryptonians being invincible" really took a hit with Power Girl this season.

And as poorly as my team did in the Powerless Peril rounds (1-3), I'm glad we didn't go with the No Supers concept.