Aaron Allston's Strike Force for 6E is Happening!

Susano

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I've finished reading and skimming the hundreds of documents that make up what we have from Aaron's files. And I thought I'd share this screenshot of the final folder, which contains files Aaron wrote for this planned multi-volume guide to Strike Force. This is what we'll be working with and from in our efforts to make a 6E version of the book.

post-119-0-83203700-1440038968_thumb.png

Interesting to see character advancement in stages. 250, 300, 350, 400, etc...

I am fairly sure we won't have the room. What I want to do is follow the original book's approach. Which was 1st appearance and then the latest we can find (both updated for 6E).

Maybe in an online supplement, a PDF or something?  With a few notes if they exist of Allston's thoughts on character development and spending xps

This is a matter of time, energy, cost, and having the files showing the various power levels. Which, as far as I know, we don't have. What I have access too are the Strike Force character sheets in the original book, and piles of Hero Creator files showing various characters as of 1994 or so.

That is too bad; would have been a great opportunity from Allston's perspective about the problems, opportunities, and benefits of building characters over time with experience.

I'm not sure if this was something he was going to address anyway. The files I've seen do talk about GMing, but much of the PC development was up to the players. I have an email where a player returns to play after spending 5 years away and he rebuilt his PC on his own, based on the new rules (4E and Aaron's house rules). Aaron didn't (AFAIK) ask for (or require) any changes.

Just wondering is there any notes or impressions on how he dealt with player expectations? Did he change rules to better reflect how they felt the game should play?

There's a section on campaign that he wrote for a planned Strike Force book that might cover this. I'll need to look it over.

Just curious, do we have a rough idea as to when the Strike Force kickstarter will, well, kick off?

(Just received my copy of Larger than Life and am very pleased!)

Kickstarter? No.

LTL? Sweet! Thank you every much.