Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Logan.1179

ARENA GAMES: General Discussion (Season 3)

We're still several weeks away from starting a new season, but I wanted to start a new discussion thread since the old one was getting huge and unwieldy.

I also wanted to let you guys know that I am thinking about it and the Arena is undergoing reconstruction.

consol-featured_slide.jpg

There are going to be some big changes. We may lose a few of you as a result. I hope that we don't, but some things really need to change in the structure. For my sanity and yours as well, I hope.

In the meantime, be good and don't hurt any orange supercats.

0421.jpg

What is this "work" of which you speak, E84?

:P

Well for starters, you have to decide on a theme; work right there. Then there is research to find the most obscure characters to maximise bonus points. 

Announcing the first rule change, the one my mom hates the most: No more deaths. Or reboots.

Next season, if a gladiator loses by 20 points or more, then she'll go on injured reserve and sit on the bench for one week. That's it, they'll be back. Obviously, this means no more deadpool as well. The team you draft is the team you fight with through the whole season.

tumblr_m5klg1iZ1i1r3tqll.gif

This doesn't sound much different from simply losing, so I'm not seeing it as much of a penalty. You still can't use them for the remainder of the week if they lose, or did that change too?

It will be for five days of battle, which brings up the next major change.

In Season 3, we will no longer be doing five round games. We're moving to  one game match-up, no series until the playoffs. This means every game counts! No longer will you be dispirited by losing the lead in a best of five match. That's the big impact. Secondly, every team will play each other now.

The arenas will be determined randomly and will be scheduled well ahead of time, as will your opponents. Get ready, because anything can happen.

bull-durham.gif

And sometimes it rains.

Announcing the first rule change, the one my mom hates the most: No more deaths. Or reboots.

Next season, if a gladiator loses by 20 points or more, then she'll go on injured reserve and sit on the bench for one week. That's it, they'll be back. Obviously, this means no more Deadpool as well. The team you draft is the team you fight with through the whole season.

If this means no more Deadpool does that mean no more Wolverine ?

It will be for five days of battle, which brings up the next major change.

In Season 3, we will no longer be doing five round games. We're moving to  one game match-up, no series until the playoffs. This means every game counts! No longer will you be dispirited by losing the lead in a best of five match. That's the big impact. Secondly, every team will play each other now.

The arenas will be determined randomly and will be scheduled well ahead of time, as will your opponents. Get ready, because anything can happen.

bull-durham.gif

And sometimes it rains.

So it's gonna be one match per opponent? So five opponents per week?

Or is it a week against one opponent, and each match stands on its own?