Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quasijoe

Just checking. Was Victorian Hero cancelled?

There's been no discussion of most of the projects on the last publication schedule before Hero Games's drastic downsizing. AFAIK there's no one working on VH and Hero Games has no plans to write it in the foreseeable future.

Why shoulk\d heros be limited to Victoria ? Let them use the other Australian states I say !

No offence, dude, but Victoria is the only interesting state. Check back in 2040 for Boring States of Australia (and the Northern Territory) Champions. It'll have the Tasmanian Devil writeup!

No offence, dude, but Victoria is the only interesting state. Check back in 2040 for Boring States of Australia (and the Northern Territory) Champions. It'll have the Tasmanian Devil writeup!

As a proud citizen of New South Wales I represent that remark ! Or something. :tonguewav

Title says it all.

Do you mean Shelly Chrystal MacTyre's Regency Hero?

She went back to law school, became a mother, and hasn't been active in a while.

Short of her suddenly getting a bee in her bonnet to revivify it and do a kick-starter, it's dead.

Regency Hero: http://www.mactyre.net/archives/regency/

Other Shelly Gaming: http://www.mactyre.net/archives/pbem.html

Her Contact Page: http://www.pdxattorney.us/about/ 

I was hoping Shelly would get to her updated PRIMUS source book, but that's probably as dead as Regency Hero. :(

But no, there was actually a book on the Hero Games publication schedule for gaming during the European Colonial era, tentatively called Victorian Hero. Which went into limbo with most of the rest of that schedule when HG downsized. :weep:

I was hoping Shelly would get to her updated PRIMUS source book, but that's probably as dead as Regency Hero. :(

But no, there was actually a book on the Hero Games publication schedule for gaming during the European Colonial era, tentatively called Victorian Hero. Which went into limbo with most of the rest of that schedule when HG downsized. :weep:

This, I did not know. Interesting.

Well, that is really bad news:(

I think that may have been the case

Regardless of the actual book surfacing or not, is there any chance of getting any sort of character builds or write-ups of any of the Public Domain characters from the Victorian era from anyone? Surbrook? 

Abraham Van Helsing?

Dr Jekyll?

Sherlock Holmes?

Even if the book itself was cancelled, is there anyone who has a full write-up of characters from the era, such as Sherlock Holmes, Dr Jekyll, and Dr Van Helsing?

Michael Surbrook has some Victorian characters on his book-derived characters page. That's probably a start for you.

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsbook/bookchar.html