Hi everyone. Hope I put this in the right spot. Long time fan of HERO since early college and been here for a few years I believe, but usually lerked. Played quite a few HERO games as a GM.

Anyways, I'm still using 5th Ed revised and im considering running a science Fantasy style campaign similar to sources like the Anime Outlawstar, Bucky O'Hare, or Archies Sonic the Hedgehog comic. Between technology and magic, the feel is somewhere between 50/50 and 60/40 ish is what I'm going for. Level is Heroic and will incorporate some kind of lvl up system.

So I really need some help on this and apologies if these have been asked before. A few questions I have for this:

1. What HERO source books do you recommend/I should use?

2. Should I invest in 6th edition compared to HERO 5th Ed revised? I also have ultimate vehicle and ultimate skill for the 5th Ed I believe it is.

3. Last time I ran a game with multiple races, I ended up eye balling the differences between races. I want to do it again, but im considering using racial packages more closely this time around. Any thoughts on using racial packages?

4. Any advise on the specifics in running a science Fantasy using the HERO System is much appreciated! Like any issues in running the genre with the system for example.

Thank you all kindly!

Howdy. I really enjoyed the Star Hero book anf found it had some useful tidbits for designing the world as a whole and with sone psysics questions that could come up.

But if you are doing a setting that you are already strongly familiar with and already know how to build all the special effects you want (ftl, ships, aliens, ect), then your use for the book is more limited. But if you lack all of that, then it is a good investment.

You might more traction for this thread in the Fantasy Hero Forum or Star Hero Forum.

Foreign Orchid.

Also give a look towards the dark champions book. It has some good low level setting ideas that can blend well with street champions, cyber punk, modern veild magic and other such settings. This would seem like a good start for you.

The ultimate skill, and various beast books are great starting points. Even if you don't have little Japanese Kappa for your setting, having the write up of one in front of you can give you inspiration. And you can easily do minor adjustments rather than full writeups.

Foreign Orchid.