How to Build: Wandering Ice Clone

Thia Halmades

So, to clarify: 

Cost cap is 120 AP, concept: Caster "summons" (note the quotes) an X point value Ice Clone. The Clone enters play:

* As an automaton

* Under the caster's control

* With about 20 BODY, what with to be a shield

* With the Block, Counter Strike, and Fast Strike MAs

* the Power: Freeze Chance on Critical (15 points)

My problem: I can't find the "right" power to do it cleanly. Summon is a giant PIA for something like this, because I don't see it as a summon as much as I see it as ... A walking Barrier that can hit people on its turn, but that makes even less sense and winds up being a super kludgy 3 or 4 step compound power. I thus put it to the Senate: 

What is the Lord Captain missing? 

So, to clarify: 

Cost cap is 120 AP, concept: Caster "summons" (note the quotes) an X point value Ice Clone. The Clone enters play:

* As an automaton

* Under the caster's control

* With about 20 BODY, what with to be a shield

* With the Block, Counter Strike, and Fast Strike MAs

* the Power: Freeze Chance on Critical (15 points)

My problem: I can't find the "right" power to do it cleanly. Summon is a giant PIA for something like this, because I don't see it as a summon as much as I see it as ... A walking Barrier that can hit people on its turn, but that makes even less sense and winds up being a super kludgy 3 or 4 step compound power. I thus put it to the Senate: 

What is the Lord Captain missing? 

All powers rules are trying to give it a cost worthy of what it can do. If that is a high price it tells you how powerfull this is going to be.

It is a disposeable, fully controlled, metal power immune character sheet that is highly different from base and can act in paralell. You eliminated so many weakpoints from existing powers, the price is the only one it still CAN have.

Summon gives you the disposeablity, acting in paralell and different sheet. But the full controll is expensive like nothing else.

Multiform gives you the different sheet under full controll. But not disposeable and not acting in paralell.

Duplication gives you full controll and acting in paralell. But in turn no disposeablity and differences is expensive.

Summon could do it, but expensive.

Making it a special effect for another power (like SPD) could make it.

Making it all that and cheap? Forget that idea.