Impervious Power Conversion

Certified

Recently a player of mine asked how I would model a Power Boon from Metahumans Rising to Hero System. The original Boon reads as follows: 

Impervious (Major)

Requirements: Armor and Boost Armor Boon

The Character’s Armor has virtually no weak points. The Character takes no Damage from normal Attacks until the Start of their Next Turn. The Damage from Rolling 6s ignores Impervious. This Boon may be activated for Free on the Character's Turn or whenever they would take Damage. Usable Once per Session. This Boon may be selected multiple Times adding an additional use.

In short, this Boon allows the character to reduce incoming damage for 1 Turn to almost nothing. While you cannot fully mimic the Boon you can emulate it to a degree with Damage Negation. There is a point where if an attack is powerful enough it will blow through Damage Negation and Defense but I think this is still the best route. Here is what I put together for them.

Impervious :  Damage Negation (-7 DCs Physical, -7 DCs Energy) (70 Active Points); 1 Recoverable Charges (Requires Rest to Recover; -2), Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (Automatically takes 2 Stun for every 6 Rolled regardless of PD or ED; -1/4)

PD/rPD 20/9
ED/rED 20/9

There is no real way to handle something in X number per Session so we give it a single recoverable charge. Because this is normally a persistent power activating it will keep it active until the character's next Phase. On those phases the character will be able to effectively bound attacks in the 10-12 range taking 2-4 Stun on average. Once damage sales up to 15D or higher the effectiveness really tapers off, so a foe with a 12d6 Blast doing a Haymaker would be able to punch through with around 10-16 Stun. 

Thoughts? 

I'm guessing the "rolling 6s" means that the other game has open ended damage on a 6? I would not bother putting the "takes 2 stun per 6" limitation on it. That feels clunky and it tries too hard to exactly convert a specific game mechanic that doesn't exist in Hero. Instead just realize that if somebody rolls really high on damage, they can get some through.

So in your example, with 7 DCs of damage negation, a 12D6 attack would only roll 5D6. The character has 20 Def, so if the attacker rolls awesome on those 5D6, he can get some damage through.

Remember how it will work in play, and don't needlessly complicate it. Normally with damage negation, the attacker will never even roll the negated damage dice. So that 7D6 never even gets rolled. With the limitation, you'd have to roll it (separately) just to see if any 6s were rolled. And that's the only reason you'd be rolling them.

You don't need a recoverable charge. Just buy however many charges for the number of uses you have.

in Metahumans Rising(MHR), rolling a 6, during your attack roll, adds 1 for each 6 rolled on top of what it is normally done. The Impervious boon in that game allows you to ignore all damage normally, but sixes on the attack can bypass that.

When I discussed this idea with Certified, it was with the idea of trying to write up a version of Invulnerability, Nigh-invulnerability, for lack of a better term, that used Damage Negation but reduced the cost of the power to more reasonable levels.