CHAMPIONS heroes united

bubba smith

I've been watching the two animated heroes united movies from marvel with iron man and was wondering how the movies would translate to the champions universe I think Defender and Socrates [the champs  computer] would replace I.M. and JARVIS and VIPER would fill in for  Hydra but who'd fill the places of the Hulk, Zaxx, Captain America and the Red Skull ?

Their is no heroic Hulk proxy (Grond is almost a Hulk proxy). Crusader can easily stand in for Cap, but his attitude is closer to Batman. Red Skull? Their is no direct Red Skull proxy (othoe Dr. Destroyer comes to mind). Zaxxs? Sorry, as far as I know their is nobody in the Champions Universe which is pure body of electricity.

• 4 months later...

As far as the meatiest relationship-based conflict goes, I'd probably look to Defender and Nighthawk. They're former teammates who came to blows over their differing priorities and methods in crime-fighting. Defender is an Iron Man-style wealthy inventor with a high profile as leader of the Champions, and lots of government connections in both of his identities. Nighthawk is a Batman-ish vigilante working outside the law, who has gathered like-minded supers, including the villainously-inclined, to help in his anti-VIPER campaign.

Orge - Hulk

Crusader - Captain America

Shrinker - Wasp

Defender - Iron Man

Brick - Thing

Cheshire Cat - Nightcrawler

General Hawkins - Nick Fury

Wow, you're going REAL Old School Champions.  I didn't think Crusader, Ogre and Cheshire Cat were even in the Champions universe anymore. 

Wow, you're going REAL Old School Champions.  I didn't think Crusader, Ogre and Cheshire Cat were even in the Champions universe anymore. 

Been into Champions since the 1st Edition, and stopped with the 5th.  The sixth was too much a departure, like DC's New 52.

Crusader showed up in a Dark Champions 4E Supplement

Cheshire Cat appears in 6E Viilains Volume 2: Super Groups.

Ogre?

IIRC

QM

Orge was a Hulk like character starting in the Champions 1st or 2nd Edition.  In the Champions 3D alternate worlds supplement it was revealed his name is Jack Stevens.

Crusader, Brick, and General Hawkins aren't in current Champions continuity. At least, they haven't appeared anywhere yet. Mind you, there have been at least one, possibly two, characters named Crusader mentioned as part of the past history of the current setting; but neither sounds like the Sam Saunders Crusader from earlier Champions.