So, I finally got European Enemies. . .

CaptnStrawberry

I would hate for anyone to get the idea that I am trying to defend the EU bureaucracy.  It is huge and interminable and intrusive in so many ways.  A lot of it is however a factor of the difficulties in bringing together so many diverse nation states and trying to devise ways of harmonising legislation in lots of ways and to negotiate the differences in regulatory regimes.

I do think, inefficient as it is, there is more accomplished towards living together and raising standards than would happen in its absence.  Imagine trying to get these deals hammered out individually between supremely independent nation states...

I do think that people find a way and that looking at some of the organisations (like the ESA) that find a way to leverage the EU infrastructure to get co-operation and then utilise some private sector structures to get things done, do actually get things done.  I think this would be a great model for a superteam that could tap into national legislatures for legitimacy and yet remain open to Wayne Enterprise support and involvement.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Champions Worldwide suggested that the most plausible candidate for supervisory agency for a European Union superhero team would be the European Defence Agency.

I also want to point out that on Champions Earth the United Nations is a much more effective and influential organization than it is in the real world. If one is dealing with an alternate version of Earth which includes superheroes, there's no reason not to say that the European Union there, or at least elements of it, works better than ours.

I also want to point out that on Champions Earth the United Nations is a much more effective and influential organization than it is in the real world. If one is dealing with an alternate version of Earth which includes superheroes, there's no reason not to say that the European Union there, or at least elements of it, works better than ours.

I've occasionally joked that the real reason that the UN asked the BBC to change UNIT (on Doctor Who) from the United Nations Intelligence Taskforce to the Unified Intelligence Taskforce is because UNIT is an effective organization that gets things done, and the UN didn't want people to have unrealistic expectations of them.

Getting back to matters French: For mystical villains, how about the two Satanists of the Burning Court affair, the woman La Voisin and her accomplice, the hideous defrocked priest Abbe' Guibourg? They're back from Hell to tempt France's moneyed elite with infernal power as they assisted Madame de Montespan in the decadent days of the pre-Revolutionary monarchy.

Dean Shomshak

I think a villain along the lines of Madame Guillotine.  She is essentially an assassin that sees her role as an avatar of the People, bringing those who seek to rule over the people and to gather too much power to themselves down a peg or two (often by killing them!).

She does not discriminate between criminal ganglords who oppress poor housewives and small shopkeepers and Government Ministers that introduce legislation that take power away from the people at large.

She could be an interesting villain in that some heroes might agree with some of her targets even if not the methods she uses...

Doc