Constant Powers with 0 END

Deadman

Question

I have a proposed character with the following power (straight out of Champions Powers)

Suffocation: Blast 4d6, Constant (+1/2), No Normal Defense (Self Contained/No Need to Breathe; +1), Reduced Endurance (0 END +1/2)

I know that the build is solid but it seems unbalancing somehow.  With a power built like this he can effectively multi-attack it against a single target and maintain it as long as he can see the target.  This would essentially give him an 8d6 NND for only -2 OCV (and that would only apply the first time he used it).  Am I missing something or is this just the way it is with Constant now a +1/2 Advantage?

The power is in a Multipower but if he keeps the points allocated to this slot the whole time isn't he free to keep using it over and over?

Thanks,

Tom

1 answer to this question

To the extent you're looking for a conversation re: game balance or design issues, I don't answer questions like that -- I'd suggest posting on the Discussion board (if you haven't already) where anyone who'd like to can respond.

Re: the one rules question I see here -- yes, if the character keeps the Multipower slot assigned to that power, he could use it repeatedly.

(Caveat -- at least on multiple targets. Speaking only for myself, as a GM, I wouldn't let you Multiple Attack with this against a single target, because once a target's suffocating he can't "suffocate more." In a campaign where Multiple Attacks were frequent, I'd let you take a Limitation on the power to reflect that. Other GMs, of course, may have other opinions on the matter. ;)  )