Welcome to Hero Forum - Please Introduce yourself (especially Lurkers)

bluesguy

Hello all. Quasi-lurker here and just joined after getting HD. Made my 1st Sup with and got very confused with how it made its calculations. I will post it separately to get your learned opinions. 

Oh... and a long time ago I played Champions E1, (then life blindsided me) so a lot had changed since then. 

• 3 years later...

How did you come up with your 'handle' (forum name)?

I didn't want to use any of my usual handles, so I came up with this one one the spot when I signed up.

What was the first tabletop RPG you played?

AD&D 1E.

What was the first tabletop RPG you GMed?

D&D (the Moldvay basic set).

What are you currently playing/GMing?

I'm on hiatus right now, but I'll eventually be looking for opportunities to either play or GM Star Trek Adventures when the second edition comes out or to GM some sort of HERO-based sci-fi game.

15 hours ago, Bushbaby of Ill Omen said:

I didn't want to use any of my usual handles, so I came up with this one one the spot when I signed up.

AD&D 1E.

D&D (the Moldvay basic set).

I'm on hiatus right now, but I'll eventually be looking for opportunities to either play or GM Star Trek Adventures when the second edition comes out or to GM some sort of HERO-based sci-fi game.

Welcome, BoIO! Hope you enjoy yourself in the community, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Forum name: It's my last name

1st TTRPG: Champions in the early 80s.

1st TTRPG GMed: Dark Champions: The Animated Series. (It only lasted two or three sessions.)

Currently playing: Fantasy Hero. "The Sword of Daden." An Epic Fantasy Adventure. We've been playing since Oct. 10th, 2017 (with an 18 month gap for the pandemic).

When start HERO: in the early 80s

Edited by Stagliano

5 hours ago, Stagliano said:

Forum name: It's my last name

1st TTRPG: Champions in the early 80s.

1st TTRPG GMed: Dark Champions: The Animated Series. (It only lasted two or three sessions.)

Currently playing: Fantasy Hero. "The Sword of Daden." An Epic Fantasy Adventure. We've been playing since Oct. 10th, 2017 (with an 18 month gap for the pandemic).

When start HERO: in the early 80s

Welcome, Stagliano. Hope you enjoy yourself in the community, and please let us know if you have any questions.

Huh... I could've sworn I posted on this thread a while back. I'm not new, and prefer the term "vintage" these days. ;) 

I like to draw. This led to me using Sketchpad or Sketch as my handle on most boards. Back around 2000, I worked as an online rep at WotC and had the name Sketch, which just kind of stuck. Now folks even call me Sketch offline. 

D&D Red Box. A friend in elementary school brought it in and we played a few sessions at recess. After that, I went out and grabbed the AD&D books... then I discovered the worlds and systems outside of AD&D and got hooked.

AD&D. Ran a few adventures in the early '80s, which led to campaigns here and there. My first group was when I was a Freshman in HS, where I was one of two main GMs. Man I miss those days. 

When did you first play Hero? 

High school. I had a buddy that co-GMed sessions for the group we were in, and he brought Champions and Villains & Vigilantes to the table, while I ran mostly Marvel Superheroes and DC Heroes. I first started running Hero mainly in the 4th edition era, though I had ran a few things here and there before that. 

Currently I'm running Champions, Pathfinder 2e, and some Cyberpunk. Just snagged the new Pendragon and may put a small group together to run that as well. 

On 5/28/2016 at 5:38 PM, steriaca said:

My handle: short for my full name Stanley TERIACA.

First RPG: TSR's Marvel Superhero RPG is the first one I owned. The first one played was DND.

Ok. Redo time.

My Handel is my name.

The first game I played was DnD 2ed in high school. I was introduced Champions when I started gaming with the UWM Gamers. My first superhero rpg was MSH (FASERIP).

I TRIED to GM Champions once but it fell apart rather quickly.

And I'm a Milwaukee native. I actual y started with Hero 4ed.