It's time for Christmas.....

Badger

No snow in my part of the continent yet. I don't like snow, cold, ice, any of those winter environmental phenomena. Christmas is in winter, so mentioning it now reminds me all that stuff is almost here. Hence being reminded of Christmas at this time just depresses me. :(

I used to love snow. And cold weather never bothered.

Last couple of years, the cold has started to bother me more. As far as snow, I started to hate when I took my current job a decade ago. Despite living in the South, they have a little trouble understanding the concept of NOT OPEN TODAY!. The new boss (of the last 3 years) isn't as bad as the old boss. But, I still end up feeling the need to make a token attempt to make it in.

Talk to me after Thanksgiving. 

I've grown to really resent Christmas season. The obligations not just for gifts but the seeming cultural enforced requirement to be so ####ing chipper about it coming some have. Pressure to visit and socialize (When I just did a big one on Thanksgiving) which is fine for you healthy sorts but nerve wracking for those of with us with social anxiety disorders.  The growing emphasis on Greed, the reminders that folks are willing to mow each other down on a holiday when folks are supposed to be with their families just to get 'the best deal' (Yep, I think making people work Thanksgiving is just sad), all depress me.

And folks try to start it earlier every year, and it seems to take forever for the stupid decorations to go down. 

I have violent urges when I see Christmas Decorations in October and feel like frothing at the mouth when I see decorations haven't been taken down by January 30th.

Ho Ho ####ing ho.

Odd how generosity has come to mean "buy super-expensive trinkets for your friends to show they you are capable of buying super-expensive trinkiets -- even if you're not." Every Christmas most families get deeper and deeper into debt.

Want to be generous? Feed a stranger who hungers and don't tell another soul in the world that you did it.

Talk to me after Thanksgiving. 

I've grown to really resent Christmas season. The obligations not just for gifts but the seeming cultural enforced requirement to be so ####ing chipper about it coming some have. Pressure to visit and socialize (When I just did a big one on Thanksgiving) which is fine for you healthy sorts but nerve wracking for those of with us with social anxiety disorders.  The growing emphasis on Greed, the reminders that folks are willing to mow each other down on a holiday when folks are supposed to be with their families just to get 'the best deal' (Yep, I think making people work Thanksgiving is just sad), all depress me.

And folks try to start it earlier every year, and it seems to take forever for the stupid decorations to go down. 

I have violent urges when I see Christmas Decorations in October and feel like frothing at the mouth when I see decorations haven't been taken down by January 30th.

Ho Ho ####ing ho.

Well, I think one neighbors leaves the outside lights out year around (they just don't cut them on after mid-January)

We are talking about an area that shoots off fireworks on Memorial Day, June 30, July 1, July 2, July 3, Independence Day, and July 5.

Well, I think one neighbors leaves the outside lights out year around (they just don't cut them on after mid-January)

We are talking about an area that shoots off fireworks on Memorial Day, June 30, July 1, July 2, July 3, Independence Day, and July 5.

Sounds like a terrible place to be of you have PTSD from war service.

The "No gift" policy in the family alleviates most of the holiday suffering.

So I think the only reason I have a problem with Christmas "creep" is the music.  Holiday music is, in general, pretty f'n bad!  Then you go and substitute holiday sale lyrics for the existing ones.  And having to listen to it for longer and longer every year... sheesh.