Revisiting: Muramasa blades

Badger

Something I've thought off and on about was the idea of a character with twin Muramasa blades. But, not sure what powers that they could have per se.

I have thought of them being a "supernaturally" sharp blade that could through anything (and in a particularly strong setting with characters who use such, possibly even energy blast and the like)

Possibly due to bloodlust the desire to overcome and control the wielder (though a wielder, with strong willpower, AKA a character that would have any significance, could "bond" with them and have a somewhat symbiotic relationship.

Of course, it probably is likely any character wielding them gets villain status, with a slight shot at hard-core anti-hero being an option

I have a 1-2 other half-developed ideas for powers, but I am curious to other's ideas first.

Well, the blades were supposed to "hunger for blood." I'd suggest a variation on the Stormbringer precedent: an Aid to the sword-wielder's Characteristics depending on the blades drawing blood (BODY done to the target). Since they were also supposed to promote murder or suicide by the ones bearing them, the Aid may be built with a Side Effect of Enraged, or even an appropriate Psychological Complication.

In a real world setting:

A sword with an extra DC of damage and a high market value.

In a Dark Champions + setting:

Same as above plus a few other slight mark ups (OCV, more damage). 

In a Dark Champions++ setting with magic and the like:

A blade that imposes a psych lim on the wielder to quest for blood when they draw the blade.

Increase to a large degree the damage and OcV bonuses. 
Bonuses to PRE for intimidation; drains against PRE also work. (Striking appearance also achieves this)
Imposes Psych Lim - Psychopathic killer: can not distinguish between friend and foe.

You could also choose to imbue the blade with a specific devil / demon of legend that gives it extra and specific bonuses related to that demon. 
Maybe say that it has a particular weakness against a Masamune forged blade. 

Foreign Orchid. 

Also, maybe the blade quests for all the other Muramasa blades. Each blade having a specific power but when all are brought together something special happens: Severe bonus and lims, summoning of the X number of demons into the real world, the summoning of 1 super demon who was broken up into X number of blades, etc. 

Foreign Orchid. 

Edit: This reminded me of a manga / anime called 刀語 - Katana gatari - Sword Story. Just adjust things a bit to fit into a Muramasa forged legend. 

A fan made video for Katana-Gatari with the song 千本桜 (senbon zakura - 1,000 cherry blossoms) by 和楽器バンド (Japanese instrument band).

Well, the blades were supposed to "hunger for blood." I'd suggest a variation on the Stormbringer precedent: an Aid to the sword-wielder's Characteristics depending on the blades drawing blood (BODY done to the target). Since they were also supposed to promote murder or suicide by the ones bearing them, the Aid may be built with a Side Effect of Enraged, or even an appropriate Psychological Complication.

Interesting, one of the half-fleshed ideas I mentioned had to do with the sharpness gets even sharper by absorbing/"drinking" the blood it spilled.