The American Resolution

Enforcer84

A sneak peak at my project for next year. Without giving too much away I needed a team of flag-suit heroes for the U.S.of A.

The American Resolution (aka The Resolve) was nominally a scientific venture in the run up to America’s involvement in World War II. Established in 1935, the attempt was to study the superhuman explosion and see how it could benefit America. 

The team of scientists and generals in charge realized that it would be easier to study super humans already in their ranks and so the “field team” was established, grabbing a bunch of patriotic themed super humans and turning them into a team. (Jokingly referred to as the Resolutionary Army)

The Resolve fought at home and abroad and the testing brought considerable knowledge to the US military and various super soldier projects were initiated; with the most promising being the “Paragon Project” which produced 3 superhuman champions in the 40’s and several more since then.

Over the years the American Resolution has grown, despite nigh constant threats of spending cuts. The organization no operates as America’s premiere response to super-powered threats. The research aspects have also improved with the Field Agents’ uniforms containing a dizzying array of observational technology – America has the keenest insights to the super-human phenomena.

The Field Team is the largest collection of star-spangled supermen in the world, thanks to the Paragon Project’s effect on the aging process of its recipients. They are also a center for controversy.

With a few exceptions the men and women who “wear the flag” for the Resolution remain a-political, but this never stopped politicians or the media from framing them in certain lights. Depending who you ask they are either: a living example of America’s Aryan Leanings (Say, that’s a lot of blond-haired blue-eyed supers you got there) or proof that we’re drowning in diversity; It’s a symptom of feminists taking over the world (a large number of the Field team are women) or proof that Hugh Hefner runs the show – They’re not called “the Bombshells” for nothing; an affront to  Over the course of the team’s eighty year history, over two hundred masked heroes have fought the good fight for their country.

Nominally based in Washington DC, the team has facilities all over the country and can generally get a team of front liners anywhere in the U.S. in minutes. DC is also the home of their museum and memorial.

Field Team Package:

3 Criminology
2 KS: American Criminal Law
2 KS: American Resolution
2 KS: US History
2 KS: World Politics
2 KS: Supervillains
2 PS: American Resolution Agent

3 National Police Powers
1 Passport
3 American Resolution Member
5 Security Clearance: American Resolution
2 Money: $200,000/year

7 Wrist Radio: Radio Perception/Transmission OIF (Bracer)

-15 Watched: The American Resolution (Mo Pow, NCI, 11-)

Want me to give feedback on names or possible art for said project ?

MedUSA is a good choice as is the Astronaut pic I had done.

Constitution, Freedom or (something) Freedom, Liberty, (something) America or (something) USA are all good choices as I have about 50 plus American flagsuits.

I may seek your aid in that regard.

I'm not sure they need so many skills, honestly.  World Politics?  Criminal Law?  Criminology?

Theoretically these guys have access to the FBI, the NSA, the Justice Department, and a host of other government agencies.  These are field agents, people who have been (probably randomly) gifted with superpowers.  Joe the aircraft mechanic, or Private Steve is as likely to get superpowers as some highly trained CIA guy.  You're selecting your team members for powers, not training.  I don't know that it's important for them to all be trained in criminal law or world politics.  You've already got tons of people who have that kind of training.  Those are your support personnel.  You don't really need your superpowered people to all be Agent Coulson.  You've got Agent Coulsons for that.

I'm not sure they need so many skills, honestly.  World Politics?  Criminal Law?  Criminology?

Theoretically these guys have access to the FBI, the NSA, the Justice Department, and a host of other government agencies.  These are field agents, people who have been (probably randomly) gifted with superpowers.  Joe the aircraft mechanic, or Private Steve is as likely to get superpowers as some highly trained CIA guy.  You're selecting your team members for powers, not training.  I don't know that it's important for them to all be trained in criminal law or world politics.  You've already got tons of people who have that kind of training.  Those are your support personnel.  You don't really need your superpowered people to all be Agent Coulson.  You've got Agent Coulsons for that.

I think he means the basic skills for an agent

Noted :)

I have to ask, will there be a HYDRA analog that they fight?  A global criminal organization with Ratzi roots? :)

Doesn't need to be Nazis--long before Der Fuhrer was a cold, heartless gleam in the eye of his father there was the Ku Klux Klan, an organization whose idea of "Americanism" has no place for anyone who isn't Caucasian or "Christian."  I could easily imagine some version of them as a paramilitary super-agency determined to overthrow the status quo and inflict their will upon the nation.

Hope that helps.

Thank you.  Straight up brick.  Pure patriot.  Nice simple character to play and his schtick (every character in the golden age campaign I played him in had an absolute - though we had to pick something obscure for that - not invulnerable etc) was movement.  He would always get to his objective, though sometimes I wished I had not stated the objective so casually...

...he once found himself, having plowed through a sea of mooks without thinking, facing the whole of the WolfPack while his colleagues were delayed behind him...he had  go!

Every Golden Age patriot needs a sidekick.  For US Male maybe. . . Joanie Express? :winkgrin:

I'm envisioning the Messengers:  a team of US Male (brick), Federal X-Press (speedster), Air Male and his female companion Ups (fliers), and Telegraph (gadgeteer). Past members include Pony Express (speedster/animal multiform), Semaphore (martial artist), and Smoke Signal (native-American shaman).