MULTIVERSITY: Alternate Universe Campaigns for Champions

PhantomGM2602

Excellent choice for an alternate earth SKJAM. Mind if I use it for a Court Of Dreams Fic?

Go right ahead!   Part of the fun will be figuring out how drastically society changes with this starting point (which is why I usually set the divergence point no more than one generation back.)

Hm. I've never done Multiple Alternate Earth Supers as such, but if anyone's interested I could repost an idea I had several years ago for a Super Fantasy World created in response for a request for an alternate Earth in which the Roman Empire fell during the life of Jesus. Other people discussing the topic suggested working in an Arthurian angle, IIRC, so I went with that as well.

My current campaign setting has alternate futures but no alternate presents. The PCs all come from various futures in which humanity is doomed to destruction by the triumph of one megavillain or another. (Vide Destroyer World, mentioned above.) Doctor Future rescued each of them and brought them back to form a team called Avant Guard and thwart the villains before they can doom the world. I think they are some nicely dark futures, but that's not what the OP asked for.

Dean Shomshak

Several well developed and reasonably supported alternate worlds written for Champions/Hero System do exist in published form, such as: Scott Bennie's Gestalt setting; The Algernon Files, from Blackwyrm Games; San Angelo: City of Heroes and its supplements. Of course there's Aaron Allston's classic Strike Force world, which looks to be greatly expanded in the not-too-distant future. Heck, there are even Hero 4E write-ups for the characters from the Champions: New Millennium setting.