DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

That's probably PG-13.

From the font of all Internet knowledge, Wikipedia:

Depictions of violence are generally restricted to PG and above. The violence in a PG rated film will not be intense, while violence that is both intense and persistent will generally require at least an R rating. Violence is not prohibited in G rated films, but if present will be minimal.

Ok, board won't let me edit below the quote above, so new post:

Technically, it's either TV-PG or TV-14 for some episodes according to IMDB (b/c TV doesn't use the MPAA system):

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364582/parentalguide#certification

This page notes that "Overall, the violence is slightly more graphic than the films of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, all of which are rated PG-13."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2364582/parentalguide

That's PG-level violence. Unrealistic and bloodless. (Seriously, the wound in the second pic is putting out sparks instead of blood.)

Also, the MPAA takes into consideration the movie as a whole, and Star Wars Storm Troopers shoot only slightly better than the A-Team.

That aside, you really have to give Lucas a hand for keeping with a theme.

Edit: PG-13 always seemed like a silly distinction to me anyway.

I could keep going with this, actually. There is much limb loss in these PG movies--two more arms, two hands, one head, and at least one leg that I can think of, off the top of my head. Oh, and a torso bisection.

Yes, but Lucas has said the Star Wars movies are made for small children so its ok.  :)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/394542.stm

Good DC

Batman (Adam West), Adventures of Superman, Lois And Clark, Wonder Woman, The Flash (both 1990 and 2015), Batman/Superman/Justice League Animated Series, Batman/Superman Public Enemies and Apocalypse, Justice League Crisis on Two Earths, Superman The Movie, Superman 2 The Richard Donner Cut, Supergirl TV Show.

Bad DC

Green Lantern, Justice League War, Justice League Flashpoint, Man of Steel, Supergirl Movie, Superman 2 (Richard Lester version), Superman 3, Superman IV, Green Lantern (deserves to be said again).

Good Marvel

Iron Man Movies, Avengers 1 and 2, Captain America 1 and 2, Avengers Assemble Animated Series, Spider-Man

Bad Marvel

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD, Marvel's Agent Carter, Fantastic Four movies (all of them), Daredevil, Elektra, Amazing Spider-Man 1 and 2, Spider-Man 2 and 3.  

To your "good Marvel" list I would add most of the "X-Men" movies and to the "bad Marvel" list all of the " Hulk" and "Punisher" movies.

Holly Holm (Current whateverweight Women's UFC Champion, beat Rousey like a red-headed step child) when she's cut:

Holly-Holm-FB-2.jpg

Holy Holm when she's not fighting or promoting:

holly-holm.png

Oh my god! Suddenly, she's not buff enough to be a boxing and MMA champion! What's that all about?

Just body fat percentage. She still has enough muscle to KO another pro fighter.

Here's a collage of Gadot:

10906342_681046532012301_554330682355079

Holm is 5'8" to Gadot's 5'10", so Gadot's showing a similar level of muscle mass.

Given that WW is a fighter and not a body builder and that her powers aren't dependent on muscle mass, I'd say Gadot's doing OK. It's simply not easy for women to put on mass. Gadot looks athletic enough to be a female fighter, and that's about all we can expect, unless we want some stunt casting of a strength athlete who has abnormal muscle mass but can't act.

5'10' ? I can just see someone saying "Aren't you a bit short to be Wonder Woman" when she first appears. :)

Well, Hemsworth and Gadot are only a couple inches off...silly to quibble about that.

Jackman's a whole foot taller playing a character who's height is somewhat integral to the character.  I don't personally care about it but I could see it as a legitimate reason for bothering people.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/364357-justice-league-action#/slide/1

I didn't know where else to put the reappearance of an ANIMATED JUSTICE LEAGUE SERIES!

Executive producer of Teen Titans Go! running this makes me very nervous. But Kevin Conroy voicing the Batman and Mark Hamill as the Joker is a very good sign. 11 minute episodes? Huh.