DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

• 1 month later...

My problem with Agents of SHIELD is that it takes forever to get the to point. I'm only watching it out of sheer inertia.

As I grow older I find myself less impressed with inertia and more impressed with gravity. Inertia alone is not enough to keep me watching any show.

Jason, How will you hold up in a fight scene with Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman?

I played Khal Drogo and Conan.  The first line on my resume says, "Call me if you need asses kicked".  My eyebrows alone could crush Cavill, drive Affleck before me and laugh at the lamentations of the Gadot.

• 4 months later...

Was there?

I must be in the minority who hears the concept behind the Suicide Squad and is just filled with lots of meh.

Oh, to be sure, there was nothing earth-shattering there. But I felt there was an opportunity to make a fun film that shows off another aspect of the world of comic books.

Was there?

I must be in the minority who hears the concept behind the Suicide Squad and is just filled with lots of meh.

A super powered Dirty Dozen has lots of potential, but the execution matters. I still want to see it after reading all the stories about the filming. Apparently Jared Leto is a method actor, and this time he was playing a psychopathic lunatic with a sick sense of humor...

Seems like the consensus is - they finally had a movie that should be grimdark but decided to go with crowd-pleasing and silly.  Suicide Squad seems to work when its a team of bad people forced into terrible situations by really, really, really bad people.

PS:  Will Smith can be a really great actor when he wants to be true to a character.  However, most of the time he seems to just play a caricature of himself.  In every trailer I've seen, he seems to have unfortunately chosen the latter for Deadshot.  :(

Also highest rated DCEU film is Man of Steel at 55% with a Rotten Tomatoes rating. The MCU's lowest rating is 66%.

Coincidentally Marvel Studio's film with the highest rating on RT is Iron Man at 94%. Ie the first films are rated the highest.