DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

I thought Affleck did a pretty good job as Batman.  The movie sucked, but Affleck was certainly not the worst part of that.  I did, however, mock the decision to cast him before I saw the film.

I've never seen a Twilight movie, and don't think I've ever seen Pattinson in anything.  I could probably pass him on the street without recognizing him.  But sometimes weird casting decisions work out.  And then sometimes you get Nick Cage Superman, where it's so obviously wrong that you want to kick a producer in the crotch.

14 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

Leto did okay as Joker, he's just not my idea of the character (or the source material). He's probably the right joker for a younger generation though

Yes, I felt that way too. 

Suicide Squad was another one that the actors did a good job with what they were handed, but that wasn't even close to the actual characters.  Harley Quinn is a prime example of how bad things can go.  They took a fantastic character and turned it into a grunge errr... the boards don't allow the needed descriptors. 

I guess the need to be "edgy" and "grimdark" is more important than what made the character in the first place.

rs_1024x1512-190605130343-1024-wonder-wo

Here are my thoughts on this poster image:

1. Gal Gadot looks stunningly gorgeous as usual. Just look at that hair!

2. I kinda feel like someone at WB/DC saw the Thor: Ragnarok poster and said, "Hey, look how well-received Marvel's super-colorful poster for their mythological god hero's latest film was, let's do that for ours!"

3. She's missing her iconic Antiope-WW headband, something I just don't think Diana would ever forget to put on while "in costume".

4. Why is she wearing full-body armor? Diana is no ordinary Amazon, she's a demi-god. She doesn't need armor any more than Superman does. She didn't need/wear full-body armor when she fought Ares, Doomsday, or Steppenwolf. This makes no sense to me. (And yes, I know some recent comic book stories had her in armor, but this movie won't, as far as I know, embed her in the same context as those comic stories.)

15 minutes ago, slikmar said:

Regarding SS, I actually liked Harley. She was very much the Harley that has been in the comics the last 5-6 years or so, as she separates herself from the Joker. I hated that Joker.

Last 5 or 6 years?  But comics went out of print years ago....:sneaky: