DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

11 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I would love to see an Infinity, INC movie or series, but it only makes sense if you establish the DC universe, have it run a long time, then have the kids of the established heroes show up for I, Inc.

Yes, but the whole premise of Stargirl, as is, is that there was the JL and her team is those whose powers came from devices that have now been passed on to others. The Infinity Inc series plan was to use the children/nieces-nephews who seemed to have been born with the same or similar gifts - Jade and Obsidian, Sand (who gets prophetic visions in his dreams like Sandman). Not sure who else they would have gone to get. Also, they setup Helix and some of the powered kids from there - Penny Dreadful, Tao, Kritter(maybe), Carcharo - led by Nurse Hope and Mr. Bones.

Is anyone else a little confused by the amount of advertising going on during the football games today, for HBO Max?

These are national telecasts with no significant programming running opposite.  They should be high-ratings games...and that means the ads are expensive.  They've run several times, tho....

2 hours ago, unclevlad said:

Is anyone else a little confused by the amount of advertising going on during the football games today, for HBO Max?

These are national telecasts with no significant programming running opposite.  They should be high-ratings games...and that means the ads are expensive.  They've run several times, tho....

It's almost as though some idiot took charge and deleted half the content of HBO Max.

Interestingly the only reason I have HBO Max at all is because I get it free through AT&T.  I wonder how long that arrangement will remain in place now that AT&T no longer owns HBO Max.

9 minutes ago, Old Man said:

Interestingly the only reason I have HBO Max at all is because I get it free through AT&T.  I wonder how long that arrangement will remain in place now that AT&T no longer owns HBO Max.

Same here. I keep waiting for that shoe to drop. I'm sure they'll replace it with... nothing. 

1 hour ago, Lord Liaden said:

Are you saying that Zaslav and Gunn are also in charge of DC Comics?

Zaslav is.  DC Studios (film/animation) is a separate division from DC Entertainment, which includes DC Comics.  Gunn, who did GotG and Suicide Squad (the less bad one) runs the former along with the horror director guy.  Hope you liked Guardians of the Galaxy, DC fans.  Zaslav is CEO of all WB/DiscoveryPlus, or whatever they call it post merger, which includes DC Studios, DC Entertainment, and HBO Max which is separate from the other two.

Zaslav has an interesting background.  I don't know how you graduate law school and then become president of a division at NBC four years later.  But he invented the Oprah Winfrey Network so he's got that going for him.

I do not especially like the Guardians of the Galaxy (and Suicide Squad) feel and approach to story telling even though its entertaining enough for just those films.  I want to believe that he can guide DC Comics in a productive direction that is not a copy of these films, but am not particularly hopeful.  His vision of superheroes is no better than Zach Snyder in my eyes, just a version of different soulless, hopeless and dark but with jokes squeezed into every scene.

I did too. it was also the first time I remember someone doing his parents still alive, and they were great. When he was trying on costumes and Pa Kent looks at him in the tights and says Thats my Boy.

I also thought, next to Reeves, it was one of the better interpretations of Clark and Supes, not to mention Terry Hatcher as Lois. Iliked their Luther too. Only time series was dumb was when the marriage was coming up and the comics got delayed so forced them to do the clone storyline to buy time.

5 hours ago, mattingly said:

Superboy was filmed in Orlando in the 80s. At that time, my wife worked in the elections office. Every now and then, people in capes would run past her window.

One of the old enclosed phone booths is leaning against a sign advertising parking for Church Street (Station) around the 5 minute mark. 

• 4 weeks later...