DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

Eh, an epic bad idea is a tv show based in Gotham City with no Batman but all his villains.  

If by epic bad idea you actually mean "Epicly awesome idea that has yielded one of the best shows on TV now", then I would agree with you. If not, then you are wrong. ^^

but that's just me. I liked the whole crafted from clay bit

Yeah, but that was just stealing from Goku and Journey to the West. Why mix in ancient Chinese tales into your Greek ones? Besides Zeus did like to get around. ^^ 

We can easily see which one is succeeding here...

No, no we don't. One Cinematic Universe has  nearly a dozen films while the other has one. It would be extremely premature to indicate anything about which style is or isn't better - heck, just defining "success" here is a tough nut to crack. So, your comment was more premature than a 16 year old boy. 

Soar. 

I was surprised and intrigued by the trailer. Admittedly I have no prior experience with Suicide Squad so I had no preconceived notions. I do wonder how they're going to get enough screen time for all of them though.

Kill off half of them and you instantly double the available screen time. ^^

Soar. 

No, no we don't. One Cinematic Universe has  nearly a dozen films while the other has one. It would be extremely premature to indicate anything about which style is or isn't better - heck, just defining "success" here is a tough nut to crack. So, your comment was more premature than a 16 year old boy. 

Soar. 

Ah, now I remember why I stopped posting here for a few years... jerks.

Was there really a reason for that kind of insult? Seriously? We're expressing opinions on entertainment.

Ah, now I remember why I stopped posting here for a few years... jerks.

Was there really a reason for that kind of insult? Seriously? We're expressing opinions on entertainment.

Insult? Someone is a bit too touchy now. Considering your very first comment since coming back had an actual insult in it and my only reply to you was a joke about your dismissive comment about a whole franchise, excuse me for not taking you more seriously on this. Your comment was premature because your whole opinion about the tanking of the DC franchise is based solely on one (1) movie. It also lacks strength because ot fails to define what qualifies for success or failure.

If you don't want to have your opinions read, judged and responded to, I think you are in the wrong medium. And this is especially true when you come in being negative about a product.

And as a follow up, GA, I don't recall you and I ever having a beef, so where is all of this springing from in the first place?

Soar.

Starting around two years ago, I ceased being truly eager for the release of any live-action film adaptation of a comic book (or comic book series). Should I happen to be able to view them without payment, i'll do so out of curiosity, but I won't go out of my way to hand over dead-presidents for the privilege of watching them.

About the ONLY good thing I can consistently say about these adaptations is that they raise awareness of the much better source material. Well...that...and the fact that merely observing the production history of any adaptation (pick one...any one) shows you how products get toned down to appeal to the lowest common denominator (literacy and patience tend to be in greater supply amongst readers than folks who are exclusively moviegoers).

Insult? Someone is a bit too touchy now. Considering your very first comment since coming back had an actual insult in it and my only reply to you was a joke about your dismissive comment about a whole franchise, excuse me for not taking you more seriously on this. Your comment was premature because your whole opinion about the tanking of the DC franchise is based solely on one (1) movie. It also lacks strength because ot fails to define what qualifies for success or failure.

If you don't want to have your opinions read, judged and responded to, I think you are in the wrong medium. And this is especially true when you come in being negative about a product.

And as a follow up, GA, I don't recall you and I ever having a beef, so where is all of this springing from in the first place?

Soar.

Hm.  Let's try it this way and see if we get better results:

BACK OFF.  Now.

If you cannot keep the conversation civil and discussing the topic rather than the posters, you will not be involved in the conversation.  Clear?

whole opinion about the tanking of the DC franchise is based solely on one (1) movie. It also lacks strength because ot fails to define what qualifies for success or failure.

It's actually based on the nearly dozen DC movies as a whole released since the year 2000. Out side of The Dark Knight and Watchmen I find them to be extremely poor adaptions.

Forget the "franchise" of the Justice League - their movies are bad in general. Green Lantern? Constantine? V? Catwoman? These are not great movies.

It's still not clear what Joker's role in the film will be. Team member...or antagonist...or both?

This is a WAG, but I think he's some kind of unstoppable threat and they need the Squad to deal with him? It kind of seemed that way as he wasn't presented on the list of loonies. It also helps explain Halery's involvement as her stated talent is, apparently, just being crazy. I mean: Shooty, Burny, Chompy... these guys have superhuman abilities, and then there's Crazy.

It might shine hope on the fact that maybe, just maybe, we get to see the intelligent side of Harleyquinn in her capacity as trained psychologist? I kind of doubt it. But, weirder things have happened.

Rumor I heard, if true, would be a huge spoiler...so if this turns out to be right and ruins everything for you, don't blame me, you peeked.

This isn't the original Joker, but rather one of the Robins, probably Jason Todd, having been driven insane and taken his place.

Of course, it could also be utter BS

This is a WAG, but I think he's some kind of unstoppable threat and they need the Squad to deal with him? It kind of seemed that way as he wasn't presented on the list of loonies. It also helps explain Halery's involvement as her stated talent is, apparently, just being crazy. I mean: Shooty, Burny, Chompy... these guys have superhuman abilities, and then there's Crazy.

It might shine hope on the fact that maybe, just maybe, we get to see the intelligent side of Harleyquinn in her capacity as trained psychologist? I kind of doubt it. But, weirder things have happened.

If I learned anything from Batman comics and movies, it's to never underestimate the power of Crazy.

Gotta love how Will Smith will be sporting a mask as Will Sm...er, Floyd Lawt...er Deadshot for perhaps eight percent of the film.

--"So you're asking me to wear this mask for the entire movie. You know this?" Points to his face. "It's the moneymaker. Fifty years from now, when I'm a lonely alcoholic in a walkup on the strip, the residuals that keep me going? They're going to come from this. Oh, and by the way, you'll be getting those residuals, too, even though you're not nearly as pretty as me. Not fair, but that's how life is. Or would be, if you weren't making me wear this mask. So what I'm saying is that if you're taking those residuals from me, you're paying me extra up front, so it's only your golden years that suck."

--"But it's faithful to the source material! In the comics, Deadshot always wears a mask."

--"That's because they're comics. Pro tip for you. In a movie, it just looks dumb."

--"Dozens of comics fanboys will be enraged!"

--"Fine. Show me the money, and I'll wear the mask."

--"Glad we got that settled, so we can be faithful to the source material. Now lie down over here, please."

--"Why?"

--"So we can run you over with this steamroller. Comics are two-dimensional, you know. Hey, come back! We still haven't spray painted you with four primary colour dyes!"