DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

I think the Corps is a serious mistake, but I guess its their answer to Guardians of the Galaxy.

They need to start small a local to intro the character and make them interesting.  Later, the corps, not immediately.  You could even tease it at the end like the Avengers tease at the end of Iron Man.  

But then, I've never liked the space cops idea to begin with.

Even with Guardians, the movies are about a ragtag group of sci-fi misfits thrown together by circumstance. Had Marvel wanted a GL Corps type movie, they would have started with a Nova Corps movie rather than a Guardians movie. Advantage Marvel.

It sounds that way from the interview. But I personally don't know at this point which party has more of a personal agenda to present their version of "the facts." A Marston family member should certainly be considered a primary source, but could be suspected of holding a biased perspective.

The buzz I'm hearing is that this movie, as a movie, is very good. As docu-drama? A lot more suspect. And if it's presenting itself as the latter, it better have a solid defense.

Christie Marston made practically identical objections when Jill Lapore's biography The Secret History of Wonder Woman* came out a couple years ago. (IIRC, there she complained because Lapore did meet with her, but didn't take her word for everything; even tho Laporte did specify that Marston's grandkids deny many of the claims.) Basically every time a new biography of Marston comes out, his descendants get all up in arms and try to insist there was absolutely nothing kinky or hinky or anything else going on, it was all G-rated sunshine in Mayberry, how dare you slur grandpa's sterling reputation! This time it's just getting more press because it's a film rather than a book, and because of the WW movie.

Now obviously I'm in no position to know what the truly true story really is. But there have been multiple biographies of Marston & Co, and they have all looked at multiple sources and come to similar conclusions about the relationship between Marston and his ladies. Marston's descendants seem to be the outlier, and they seem to me much more interested in protecting their reputation than anything else.

* Excellent read BTW.

• 2 weeks later...

Christie Marston made practically identical objections when Jill Lapore's biography The Secret History of Wonder Woman* came out a couple years ago. (IIRC, there she complained because Lapore did meet with her, but didn't take her word for everything; even tho Laporte did specify that Marston's grandkids deny many of the claims.) Basically every time a new biography of Marston comes out, his descendants get all up in arms and try to insist there was absolutely nothing kinky or hinky or anything else going on, it was all G-rated sunshine in Mayberry, how dare you slur grandpa's sterling reputation! This time it's just getting more press because it's a film rather than a book, and because of the WW movie.

Now obviously I'm in no position to know what the truly true story really is. But there have been multiple biographies of Marston & Co, and they have all looked at multiple sources and come to similar conclusions about the relationship between Marston and his ladies. Marston's descendants seem to be the outlier, and they seem to me much more interested in protecting their reputation than anything else.

* Excellent read BTW.

Well, Christie Marston openly acknowledges that Marston was the father of Olive Byrne's children and that all three raised them together, so it doesn't seem like she's saying Byrne was just a platonic friend of the family or anything. Clearly they had progressive ideas about relationships, particularly for the time. I'd also think that if Byrne and Elizabeth Marston had been committed romantic partners in their own right after his death she might have figured it out as an adult. Less likely that Grandma might discuss the specifics of any BDSM play she got up to in the boudoir as a young woman with her grandkids.

Less likely that Grandma might discuss the specifics of any BDSM play she got up to in the boudoir as a young woman with her grandkids.

At least, not from her generation.  Today's youth will be showing off their nude videos to the grandkids: see how hot granny used to be?  I do anal in the next one!