Cassandra

The Coming Epic Failure of the DC Movie Universe

2 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

With a character with a completely malleable body, they could go full-on Wile E. Coyote in physically abusing him. Even worse than Deadpool. 🤕

We've seen what they've done with the Elongated Man on Flash.

26 minutes ago, Lord Liaden said:

The Mask made over $350 million worldwide. In 1994. That's the kind of argument studios listen to.

Surdenly I expect the Plastic Man film to be almost identical to The Mask. 

Jim Carrey would have made an excellent PM too. 

22 hours ago, zslane said:

Presumably it will be a comedy.

21 hours ago, Lord Liaden said:

With a character with a completely malleable body, they could go full-on Wile E. Coyote in physically abusing him. Even worse than Deadpool. 🤕

It is plastic man. He needs to actually try to be serious.

19 hours ago, assault said:

Plastic Man and the Joker's origins are quite similar.

Just sayin'.

As is the Batman TAS version of the Creeper. Dangit, why has nobody invented lids for chemical tanks yet? And why is ace chemicals still open?

I wouldn't go full Mask, because he was deliberately written as a living cartoon character.  But he should be somewhat silly and light hearted, goofing around because he's basically invulnerable.  And it fits his character.  I think a PG rated Deadpool take is better, not as insane but takes nothing seriously and is laughing and making fun of bad guys. And I'm reasonably certain that's what studio execs are thinking "this is our Deadpool!  He's a bad guy who gets powers and is always cracking jokes!"

The problem is that most of what makes Deadpool work (other than the brilliant concepts of being insane and thinking he's in a comic) is Ryan Reynolds.  He's hilarious and gifted at on the spot comedy.  You need someone who can make that character work.