DC Movies- if at first you don't succeed...

Cassandra

Frankly, I find the nu52 turning her into the daughter of zeus far more jarring departure than the movie starting in WW1.

but that's just me. I liked the whole crafted from clay bit

I think her being the daughter of Zues makes more sense in the mythological context and for how powerful she is and how favored amongst the gods. She has held the position od several gods (Justice and now War) and it doesnt make sense to me that a simulacrum would be given such lofty positions in the Olympian hierarchy.

Man Of Steel was such an atrocious piece of crap it's hard to see any movie being worse, so I'm optimistic.

I liked it. Well, some of it. The Krypton sequence was pure brilliance and this is the first time Kryptonian level action has been done right on the big screen (no Offense to Donner and Superman 2, but they just didnt have the SFX to do it properly back then. Snyders vision of the action was perfection. Now if only they could get the actual story and characters right...)

Casting for Wonder Woman

1.  most beautiful face in world

2.  Dolly Parton's breasts

3.  MMA fighter Cris Cyborg's physique

4.  Great acting skills

Candidates?  Zero

Female Director:  Right, just like I thought.  So its back to tall girls who can act, please.  Fanboys will nitpick her appearance no matter what.

Casting for Wonder Woman

4.  Great acting skills

Candidates?  Zero

Female Director:  Right, just like I thought.  So its back to tall girls who can act, please.  Fanboys will nitpick her appearance no matter what.

Genengineered humans need to be a thing ASAP.

I bet it makes a jillion dollars because DC isn't targeting comic book fans, they're targeting everyone else who thinks that comic books are stupid and costumes are for children.  Marvel has gone more than halfway in that direction as is.  DC has decided they want to show how awful the world would be with superheroes in it, then put it to a soundtrack by Two Steps From Hell.

I bet it makes a jillion dollars because DC isn't targeting comic book fans, they're targeting everyone else who thinks that comic books are stupid and costumes are for children.  Marvel has gone more than halfway in that direction as is.  DC has decided they want to show how awful the world would be with superheroes in it, then put it to a soundtrack by Two Steps From Hell.

Eh, believe me I know and have known many guys who think superheroes, harry potter, lotr, and even star wars are stupid.  IMO you cannot 'target' those people.

Casting for Wonder Woman

4.  Great acting skills

Candidates?  Zero

Jaime Alexander could pull it off if she wasn't stuck in "Blindspot."

Holly Holm (Current whateverweight Women's UFC Champion, beat Rousey like a red-headed step child) when she's cut:

Holly-Holm-FB-2.jpg

Holy Holm when she's not fighting or promoting:

holly-holm.png

Oh my god! Suddenly, she's not buff enough to be a boxing and MMA champion! What's that all about?

Just body fat percentage. She still has enough muscle to KO another pro fighter.

Here's a collage of Gadot:

10906342_681046532012301_554330682355079

Holm is 5'8" to Gadot's 5'10", so Gadot's showing a similar level of muscle mass.

Given that WW is a fighter and not a body builder and that her powers aren't dependent on muscle mass, I'd say Gadot's doing OK. It's simply not easy for women to put on mass. Gadot looks athletic enough to be a female fighter, and that's about all we can expect, unless we want some stunt casting of a strength athlete who has abnormal muscle mass but can't act.

WB/DC has not filled me with confidence in their ability to manufacture a cinematic superhero universe that I enjoy. All that their filmic attempts at comic book adaptation have shown me is that they have had their heads up their arses for the better part of a quarter century. Snyder's Superman film did not do anything to convince me otherwise. Why should I suddenly be filled with optimism?

I like the casting of Gadot (so far). She looks great to me in all the press materials and trailers. But then, Snyder's problem has never been casting or visuals. I'm just not looking forward to the grimdark Justice League they're setting up. But maybe that's just me.

I'll just be over here enjoying Agent Carter instead, tyvm.

(BTW, I loved Daredevil and Jessica Jones, but intense and noir-ish do not equal grimdark, especially given the undercurrent of optimism, hope, empowerment, and unstoppable determination that pervaded both shows.)