Incredible powers that would suck to have

DasBroot

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's actually a character like that in the web fiction Worm. You see her when you look at her, but as soon as she leaves your gaze, you forget she exists. And thus have no reason to look at her.

Hudson City Blues (4e) had a character called Mr. Nobody, who was like the Silence on Doctor Who.  As soon as you can't see him, you forget you ever saw him.  Fortunately, he's an ally and information source, not a villain.

His character quote is "Yes, I'm serious about taking notes, you really should.  Trust me.  You want to remember this conversation, don't you?"

He was treated as a plot device character though.  He didn't have actual statistics.

Hudson City Blues (4e) had a character called Mr. Nobody, who was like the Silence on Doctor Who.  As soon as you can't see him, you forget you ever saw him.  Fortunately, he's an ally and information source, not a villain.

His character quote is "Yes, I'm serious about taking notes, you really should.  Trust me.  You want to remember this conversation, don't you?"

He was treated as a plot device character though.  He didn't have actual statistics.

Well, he did have stats, but nobody remembers them.  :winkgrin:

Extra-dimensional movement, to any dimension, 0 END, No Conscious Control. You'd be wandering endlessly from world to world, without any reliable way to get (and stay) home.

Ryoga Hibiki? In some fanfiction, he has this power as the extreme outcome of his ability to be lost.

The one in Worm was called Imp, she had a basically similar power, though you didn't forget the actual interactions with her, just forgot she was there the moment you lost sight of her.

Actually, if anyone here has watched DBZ, Goku's Spirit Bomb is really amazing, but at a great toll.

Spirit Bomb: Blast 75d6 Area of Effect 125m Radius. (937 APs) RBOS (-1/4) Automatic Extreme Side Effects (Draw Life Energy From The People) (-2), Extra Time 1 Turn (-1 1/4) Gestures Throughout (-1/2) Incantations Throughout (Talking To The World) (-1/2).

170 RP: 93 END Cost.

As Words Die, We All Say KA-ME-HA-ME-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Extra-dimensional movement, to any dimension, 0 END, No Conscious Control.  You'd be wandering endlessly from world to world, without any reliable way to get (and stay) home. 

change that to extra dimensional movement time, only in the life time of the character, exchange with person living there and you'd have Quantum Leap  

CES

That should be Extra Time: 5 episodes

That's funny!

Spirit Bomb: Blast 75d6 Area of Effect 125m Radius. (937 APs) RBOS (-1/4) Automatic Extreme Side Effects (Draw Life Energy From The People) (-2), Extra Time 5 Episodes (-2 1/2) Gestures Throughout (-1/2) Incantations Throughout (Talking To The World) (-1/2).

139 RP

As Words Die, We Discover Goku Spends Too Much Time Screaming!!!

Perfect precognition.

• You would know when you are about to die and how.
  • You would never be surprised reading a book or watching a show.
  • You would know how everyone else dies and how (friends,loved ones).
  • Games would become boring because you would know who wins and how.

Super sense of touch

• Even silk would feel rough
  • You'd feel the temperature variations in the air
  • It would always feel breezy because you could feel the motion of the air
  • If you sneezed into you hands you can feel the mucus hit your skin

<p>

Perfect precognition.

Super sense of touch
  • Even silk would feel rough
  • You'd feel the temperature variations in the air
  • It would always feel breezy because you could feel the motion of the air
  • If you sneezed into you hands you can feel the mucus hit your skin

The first list reminds me of an episode of the X-Files.

The first list reminds me of an episode of the X-Files.

"You're a fortune teller. You really should have seen this coming."

"There are worse ways to go, but I can't think of a more embarrassing way than autoerotic asphyxiation."

"Why are you telling _me_ this?"

"How do I die?"

"You don't."

The Final Repose of Clyde Bruckman was one of the best X-Files episodes ever.

Perfect precognition.

The representation of Fate in the Webcomic Life & Death enjoys playing games with Chaos. Because it is the one person whose actions he can't predict. Granted, chaos is know to do things like setting the board on fire - while he is winning.

Perfect precognition.

The Paragons setting book for Mutants & Masterminds had a character named "17" who was granted supernatural answers to 20 questions, answered as accurately as possible in a single breath (he has 17 questions left at the time of the book).  One of his questions was used to learn the exact time, date, and circumstances of his death.  As a result, he acts like Arthur Dent did in "Mostly Harmless".  He knows he's effectively immortal until the predicted point in time.

The Paragons setting book for Mutants & Masterminds had a character named "17" who was granted supernatural answers to 20 questions, answered as accurately as possible in a single breath (he has 17 questions left at the time of the book).  One of his questions was used to learn the exact time, date, and circumstances of his death.  As a result, he acts like Arthur Dent did in "Mostly Harmless".  He knows he's effectively immortal until the predicted point in time.

"Alive" doesn't necessarily mean hale and hearty and possessing all your limbs and mental acuity.  So, he's not going to die for another 19 years, 6 months, 4 days, 6 hours, and 19 minutes.  But that doesn't mean he's not going to spend 18 years, 11 months, 17 days, and 15 hours of that as a quadriplegic.

"Alive" doesn't necessarily mean hale and hearty and possessing all your limbs and mental acuity.  So, he's not going to die for another 19 years, 6 months, 4 days, 6 hours, and 19 minutes.  But that doesn't mean he's not going to spend 18 years, 11 months, 17 days, and 15 hours of that as a quadriplegic.

That's actually how his powers are built.  High levels of Invulnerability, but only against attacks that would be immediately fatal.  It's impossible to kill him, but he's just as easy to injure as a normal human.  He apparently doesn't think that far into it.  He did get his answers by selling his soul on a whim, after all.