Island of Lost Villains

steriaca

Assuming that there is an Island out there full of Villains from past editions of the Champions megaverse that havent seen the light of day for 6th edition, and are waiting to be rediscovered, who would be on this island in your oppion?

My list would include Hideous, Beanline, Thunder and Lighting, Timemaster, and the entire Eclipse team. You?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Assuming that there is an Island out there full of Villains from past editions of the Champions megaverse that havent seen the light of day for 6th edition, and are waiting to be rediscovered, who would be on this island in your oppion?

My list would include Hideous, Beanline, Thunder and Lighting, Timemaster, and the entire Eclipse team. You?

good question

For starters, Lung Hung and the whole VOICE crew. Serious baddies with a unique style and agenda. VOICE Creator Steve Perrin has also posted more "vampiric mutant" characters and their related organizations to these forums, which I've used to flesh out VOICE further.

The Seven Horsemen. Villainy writ large, flashy, and intimidating. They'd actually be easy to integrate into the current Champions Universe, just by substituting the Elder Worm for the original adventure's "Old Ones." Heck, Fear of the Horsemen even wields the "Worm Scepter."

Maybe they all retired to the real island of lost villains which is Sanctuary from Classic Organizations.

On a related note, how would a guy that is relatively new to Hero get information on old NPCs?  It seems to me that one of the advantages that Hero has over a lot of other super hero games is the richness of its campaign universe.  Most campaign universes created by RPGs, unless they are built on Marvel, DC, or some other established super hero universe, feel like they were designed as a RPG universe and not actually like a something you would actually read in a comic book, but Champions feels like it could have been written as comic book.  Most of that content was created before I got involved with the game, and I have only picked up bits of it in this forum, and I have downloaded some of the 6e conversions of those characters for Hero Designer.  The conversions do not include much background information, and even though, I am creating my own campaign universe, I would like to mix in some stuff from Champions to fill it out.  I personally would like to see the background information written out and made available some where.  I'm sure I can find bit torrent sites I can download from, but I don't want to risk all of the computer viruses that go with them, and I prefer to be upfront and honest.

On a related note, how would a guy that is relatively new to Hero get information on old NPCs? It seems to me that one of the advantages that Hero has over a lot of other super hero games is the richness of its campaign universe. Most campaign universes created by RPGs, unless they are built on Marvel, DC, or some other established super hero universe, feel like they were designed as a RPG universe and not actually like a something you would actually read in a comic book, but Champions feels like it could have been written as comic book. Most of that content was created before I got involved with the game, and I have only picked up bits of it in this forum, and I have downloaded some of the 6e conversions of those characters for Hero Designer. The conversions do not include much background information, and even though, I am creating my own campaign universe, I would like to mix in some stuff from Champions to fill it out. I personally would like to see the background information written out and made available some where. I'm sure I can find bit torrent sites I can download from, but I don't want to risk all of the computer viruses that go with them, and I prefer to be upfront and honest.

Champions got such a rich history because it is, up till the BBB, a disjointed world where supliment a may not actually be set in the same world as adventure b. But they never said they were not connected either. 4th edition was where everything came together, except for Mahoney's stuff, since he created.Heroic Graphics by then.

Sledge is dead; killed off by Viper. Geodesics became a pi agency in an old AC issue or became evil in Dystopia, an independent adventure module from the same company that made Foxbat Unleashed and Blood Rage (I think).

Darkon does not ring any bells.

Darkon does not ring any bells.

Darkon no longer exists in Hero System/Champions continuity. Darkon was created by Dennis Mahoney, and all of Mahoney's creations were given back to him when he started what is now Heroic Graphics.

That includes Darkon, and the Adventures The Colrur Effect and The Great Supervillain Contest.

The real Deathstroke group.

To misquot Tony Clifton (I think...whatever the name of Andy Koffman's lounge singer character), " You want to see Deathstroke? Gets shovel."

That is not mentioned to be cruel, but remember that your playing a role playing game based on comic books. Death doesn't have to be the end of the dead members.

So looking through my books, these are the villians from Enemies 1, 2, and 3, that I didn't find in the 6th edition villian books. Some however from those three books were in Classic Enemies that aren't in the 6th books, and I've listed them under the Classic Enemies book. If you see any I have listed that were in the 6th books and I mistakenly have them listed, let me know!

Enemies 1

Agents of Genocide

Frizbee

Minute Man MK-V

Mongoose

Sledge

Wyvern

Enemies 2

Arc

Dart

Diamond

Fire and Ice

Orb

Poinsetta

Ultraviolet

Enemies 3

Aerion

Big John

Brusier

Buffalo

Bullet

Dark Angel

Darkon

Demonfire

Cryotron

Earthmaster

Gaussian

Green Knight

Jabberrock

Juggernaut

Red Rapier

Sergeant Supreme

Spectra

Starseer

Stronghammer

The Corrupters of All

Classic Enemies

Dragon Master

Beamline

Black Mamba

Charger

Durak

Fox of Crime

Giganto

Griffon

Halfjack

Hideous

Ladybug

Le Sone

Oculon

Panda and Racoon

Plasmoid

Power Crusher

Rainbow Archer

Ray

Shamrock

Sparkler

Thok

Thunder and Lightning

On a related note, how would a guy that is relatively new to Hero get information on old NPCs?  It seems to me that one of the advantages that Hero has over a lot of other super hero games is the richness of its campaign universe.  Most campaign universes created by RPGs, unless they are built on Marvel, DC, or some other established super hero universe, feel like they were designed as a RPG universe and not actually like a something you would actually read in a comic book, but Champions feels like it could have been written as comic book.  Most of that content was created before I got involved with the game, and I have only picked up bits of it in this forum, and I have downloaded some of the 6e conversions of those characters for Hero Designer.  The conversions do not include much background information, and even though, I am creating my own campaign universe, I would like to mix in some stuff from Champions to fill it out.  I personally would like to see the background information written out and made available some where.  I'm sure I can find bit torrent sites I can download from, but I don't want to risk all of the computer viruses that go with them, and I prefer to be upfront and honest.

IMHO the main reason the Champions Universe feels more like a comic-book world than the settings for other supers games, is because it grew organically, over many years and through the contributions of many writers and artists, often working independently. When Steve Long and DOJ Inc. set to work rendering that chaotic patchwork setting more coherent and linear, for the Fifth Edition of the game (and it's basically the same setting for Sixth), they still based much of it on all the rich diverse material that came before.

If you want the original background info for these older characters and groups, your best bet is to pick up the hardcopy source books and adventure modules it was originally published in. There are online used-game retailers who stock quite a few older Champions products, particularly the ones published under Fourth Edition. Most of those aren't that pricey. I can direct you to few reputable ones, if you're interested. :)

Darkon

Pulsar

Bluejay (I think she's dropped)

Ogre

The Fox

Anyone in Turtle Armor.

Bluejay is still around...

The Fox (of Crime) is now a powerless NPC guy for Grab.

They haven't updated the Turtle armor.

Ogre and Pulsar are still around, and in CV 3. While there isn't and update for something called Turtle Armor, Steve Long did write a nice little 6E PDF for practically the same thing, which he called S.M.A.S.H. Armor