Island of Lost Villains

steriaca

The real Deathstroke group. 

The DuMorte brothers, aka Requiem (formerly called Deathsinger) and Frost (who was renamed Chiller for the 4E revision of Deathstroke), are still active, and written up in CV 2. They're trying to build a new Deathstroke, after the deaths of Stinger, Shockwave, Death Commando, and Scatterbrain, and the brothers' imprisonment in Stronghold (according to official continuity).

BTW the insect-man villain Hornet, in CV 3, has virtually the same origin as Stinger, and is plainly intended as a recast of that character for the updated setting. Quite a few of the new official villains are obviously based on earlier ones, with changed names and other tweaks.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So looking through my books, these are the villians from Enemies 1, 2, and 3, that I didn't find in the 6th edition villian books. Some however from those three books were in Classic Enemies that aren't in the 6th books, and I've listed them under the Classic Enemies book. If you see any I have listed that were in the 6th books and I mistakenly have them listed, let me know!

Enemies 1
Agents of Genocide
Frizbee
Minute Man MK-V
Mongoose
Sledge
Wyvern

Enemies 2
Arc
Dart
Diamond
Fire and Ice
Orb
Poinsetta
Ultraviolet

Enemies 3
Aerion
Big John
Brusier
Buffalo
Bullet
Dark Angel
Darkon
Demonfire
Cryotron
Earthmaster
Gaussian
Green Knight
Jabberrock
Juggernaut
Red Rapier
Sergeant Supreme
Spectra
Starseer
Stronghammer
The Corrupters of All

Classic Enemies
Dragon Master
Beamline
Black Mamba
Charger
Durak
Fox of Crime
Giganto
Griffon
Halfjack
Hideous
Ladybug
Le Sone
Oculon
Panda and Racoon
Plasmoid
Power Crusher
Rainbow Archer
Ray
Shamrock
Sparkler
Thok
Thunder and Lightning

Okay, as per my previous post, I can specify characters and groups which have replaced the ones cited above for the 6E Villains books, and in Champions Universe or other books for the official setting.

Genocide's anti-mutant role in the CU has been superseded by the Institute for Human Advancement (IHA). The IHA also uses Minuteman robots; while there's no 6E character sheet for those, one was included in the 5E edition of Champions Universe.

Big John, Bullet, and Starseer, who made up the mercenary team, Bullet's Raiders, were translated into a very similar team, Merc-Force 1, made up of Stareye, the Cahokian, and Piledriver. Quite different backgrounds, but design-wise much alike.

Earthmaster's "Earth Crown of Krim," origin of his powers, was subsumed into the Crowns of Krim villain team. Said team includes an earth-and-stone manipulating villain, Temblor.

Durak, and Le Sone (now called "Ultrasonique") are both still members of Eurostar.

Dragonmaster has practically the same origin and history as the current villain, Spirit Fist. The Fox of Crime is semi-retired, but the secret patron of GRAB (although there's no character sheet for him). Giganto survived the murder of Prof. Muerte and end of Terror Inc., and has since joined South America's premier hero team, the Victory Brigade. Halfjack and Oculon are both members of VIPER's Dragon Branch, with full 5E write-ups in VIPER: Coils Of The Serpent. Hideous has effectively been replaced by a villain called Grotesk -- different origin, but same powers and similarly cosmetically-challenged.

There's a villain called the Gryphon in the 5E adventure, Shades Of Black; again, different origin, but very similar character.

So what you're saying Lord Liaden, aside from what you stated above, the list looks pretty much ok? As far as villians who didn't make it into 6th that is. I didn't look at the 5th edition books in making this list (probably should have) as I was only looking to see which didn't step up to 6th. Thanks for adding the updates you did, I'll have to take a look at them in the books!

So looking through my books, these are the villians from Enemies 1, 2, and 3, that I didn't find in the 6th edition villian books. Some however from those three books were in Classic Enemies that aren't in the 6th books, and I've listed them under the Classic Enemies book. If you see any I have listed that were in the 6th books and I mistakenly have them listed, let me know!

Enemies 1

Agents of Genocide

Frizbee

Minute Man MK-V

Mongoose

Sledge

Wyvern

Enemies 2

Arc

Dart

Diamond

Fire and Ice

Orb

Poinsetta

Ultraviolet

Enemies 3

Aerion

Big John

Brusier

Buffalo

Bullet

Dark Angel

Darkon

Demonfire

Cryotron

Earthmaster

Gaussian

Green Knight

Jabberrock

Juggernaut

Red Rapier

Sergeant Supreme

Spectra

Starseer

Stronghammer

The Corrupters of All

Classic Enemies

Dragon Master

Beamline

Black Mamba

Charger

Durak

Fox of Crime

Giganto

Griffon

Halfjack

Hideous

Ladybug

Le Sone

Oculon

Panda and Racoon

Plasmoid

Power Crusher

Rainbow Archer

Ray

Shamrock

Sparkler

Thok

Thunder and Lightning

Based on your list, I can mention some things about some characters. I'll try not to overlap with Lord Lindon's list.

Frizbee has seemed to be forgotten. Mostly it might be the name, as "Frizbee" is a copyright of Wham-O toys. "Blind Flying Disk Albino Girl" doesn't have quite the same ring.

Mongoose doesn't have an analog character, but Hero has lots of Martial artist.

Sledge is simply another brick out of many bticks.

Fire and Ice was updated in Distopia, then became missing in action. A similar character named Equinox is slated to appear in the upcoming Terror Incorporated book by Tiger.

The Conquers of All were given back to Dennis Mahoney. I don't know if he used them in Heroic Graphics products yet. Pointseta was given back to Dennis Mahoney, and was renamed Sparkplug, and made a heroine. Again, Red Rapier is a Dennis Mahoney character, and he used him as a villain in Heroic Graphics comics.

Buffalo and Green Knight have been mentioned in the blogs about creating the new Strike Force book. I don't know if Aaron created or owns the characters, or simply used them for his campaign.

I don't exactly know Spectra, but there is a similar named women Villian working with Doctor Destroyer. And there is a villain named Spector, an old cold war Russian Supervillain with energy powers.

Beemline does not have an analog. He might appear again for the ARGENT book...or not.

Black Mamba doesn't exist anymore, but can be recreated by taking a COIL member (perhaps Boomslang), remove the weapon, brick and snake him up more, then give him science skills.

Rainbow Archer has been replaced by Arrowhead.

Power Crusher doesn't exist, mostly because his transfer powers are hard to replicate.

Thunder and Lightning were left out because of their back story, I believe. I don't think Steve thought their stories meshed with his vision of the Champions Universe. Ditto with Panda and Raccoon.

That is all I know or believe.

Thanks for that helpful input, Stanley. :)  Just to add a bit of clarification: Dennis Maloney might wish he was named "Mahoney," but he isn't legally. ;)

I'm not sure it would be accurate to say Arrowhead has replaced Rainbow Archer. Aside from being an archer with gimmicked arrows, his background is very different. The official CU has other archer villains of that stripe, Warpath and the Cahokian.

Interesting tidbit about Thunder and Lightning, which I wasn't sure I should include. Booklet Of The Empress, the limited-release supplement to Book Of The Empress (for backers of the BOTE Kickstarter), writes up several additional members of Istvatha V'han's Imperial Battalion of superheroes. One entry describes a married couple from an alternate Earth, Jahan and Magarra Rintano, who while caught in a magical thunderstorm were infused with the "Spirits of Living Lightning and Living Thunder." Jahan gained the power to project bolts of lightning, and took the name Fulmoru ("Lightning"); while Magarra became super-strong and tough, and called herself Turanda ("Thunder," although her write-up also spells it "Tundara").

Frizbee has seemed to be forgotten. Mostly it might be the name, as "Frizbee" is a copyright of Wham-O toys. "Blind Flying Disk Albino Girl" doesn't have quite the same ring.

Interesting info above, but foul on this one!  I believe the term frisbee has entered the public lexicon and is even in the OED: 'A concave plastic disk designed for skimming through the air as an outdoor game or amusement.'  Changing that one letter would also remove the 'Complication: Hunted by IP Lawyers (Frequently).'

Made some corrections to the list as per Lord Liaden and Steriaca's notes. Still leaves a lot of lost villians!

Enemies 1

Frizbee

Sledge

Wyvern

Enemies 2

Arc

Dart

Diamond

Orb

Ultraviolet

Enemies 3

Aerion

Brusier

Dark Angel

Darkon

Demonfire

Cryotron

Gaussian

Jabberrock

Sergeant Supreme

Spectra

Stronghammer

Classic Enemies

Black Mamba

Charger

Griffon

Ladybug

Mongoose

Panda and Racoon

Plasmoid

Power Crusher

Rainbow Archer

Ray

Shamrock

Sparkler

Thok

Thunder and Lightning

Replaced, Changed, etc.

Agents of Genocide - Now Institute for Human Advancement (IHA)

Beamline - Possibly in new ARGENT book

Big John - Now Merc-Force 1

Buffalo - possibly in new Strike Force

Bullet - Now Merc-Force 1

Dragon Master - Replaced by Spirit Fist

Earthmaster = Replaced by Terribor - Crowns of Krim

Fire and Ice - updated in Dystopia

Fox of Crime - semi-retired

Giganto - Now a hero in the South America's premier hero team, the Victory Brigade

Green Knight - possibly in new Strike Force

Halfjack - in VIPER - Dragon Branch

Hideous - replaced by Grotesk

Juggernaut - renamed Dreadnaught in Classic Enemies

Minute Man MK-V - Now Institute for Human Advancement (IHA)

Oculon - in VIPER - Dragon Branch

Poinsetta - Changed to Sparkplug in Heroic Graphics - Dennis Mahoney

Red Rapier - in Heroic Graphics - Dennis Mahoney

Starseer - Now Merc-Force 1

The Corrupters of All - Dennis Mahoney

Was not Arrowhead the original name of Shockwave in the Destroyers ?

Deathstroke. 

The PR agent they hired made him change his name, saying that Shockwave better fit his explosive blast power, and it was dumb to call himself Arrowhead just because he had an arrow on his mask.  Unfortunately, his original power was an Energy Blast with Armor Piercing, not Explosion - an arrow of force, in a sense.  His mask came from his name, which came from his power, not vice versa.

A fair number of the villains I created for Creatures of the Night: Horror Enemies (4e) never made the cut for later editions, but some of them were no loss. Others became redundant with particular villains Steve wanted in the CU for different reasons. (Like, the CU didn't need two lich megavillains, so Archimago became a fully-deceased part of continuity -- though his works continue to have an effect.)

Some characters from Ultimate Supermage and Supermage Bestiary never made it into the CU, either. I may revise or reinvent them for my own work at some point, if I see a use for them and Jason gives permission.

Dean Shomshak

I played with the CalTech crew that wrote up Enemies 3
a few had drifted away before I joined up with them in 85 and played with them till 2010 when the game moved from Pasadena to Long Beach and it became too long of a drive for me

(Ren faire was also taking up a lot of my life,still is)

Dennis Mallonee was one of the main GMs
That group put out
Enemies 3
The Great Supervillain Contest

Coriolis Effect
Andy Robinson did
Primus and DEMON (boy was  he surprised when I showed him my copy of DEMON :servants of darkness)

Challenges for Champions
Dave Berge Andy Robinson and Barry Wilson did

Magic Items

a lot of those characters belonged to others(a few where even heroes ,not villains(Red Rapier,Beamline)
Ownership went back to the creators, and DOJ did not seek to regain them

Made some corrections to the list as per Lord Liaden and Steriaca's notes. Still leaves a lot of lost villians!

Enemies 1
Frizbee
Sledge
Wyvern

Enemies 2
Arc
Dart
Diamond
Orb
Ultraviolet

Enemies 3
Aerion
Brusier
Dark Angel
Darkon
Demonfire
Cryotron
Gaussian
Jabberrock
Sergeant Supreme
Spectra
Stronghammer

Classic Enemies
Black Mamba
Charger
Griffon
Ladybug
Mongoose
Panda and Racoon
Plasmoid
Power Crusher
Rainbow Archer
Ray
Shamrock
Sparkler
Thok
Thunder and Lightning

Replaced, Changed, etc.

Agents of Genocide - Now Institute for Human Advancement (IHA)
Beamline - Possibly in new ARGENT book
Big John - Now Merc-Force 1
Buffalo - possibly in new Strike Force
Bullet - Now Merc-Force 1
Dragon Master - Replaced by Spirit Fist
Earthmaster = Replaced by Terribor - Crowns of Krim
Fire and Ice - updated in Dystopia
Fox of Crime - semi-retired
Giganto - Now a hero in the South America's premier hero team, the Victory Brigade
Green Knight - possibly in new Strike Force
Halfjack - in VIPER - Dragon Branch
Hideous - replaced by Grotesk
Juggernaut - renamed Dreadnaught in Classic Enemies
Minute Man MK-V - Now Institute for Human Advancement (IHA)
Oculon - in VIPER - Dragon Branch
Poinsetta - Changed to Sparkplug in Heroic Graphics - Dennis Mahoney
Red Rapier - in Heroic Graphics - Dennis Mahoney
Starseer - Now Merc-Force 1
The Corrupters of All - Dennis Mahoney