Need More HERO

Joe Walsh

I'm so envious. I've built up and sold off several collections through the years, and now have a lot of pdfs and a small number of hard copy books.

And even though I have all I need, practically speaking, I still go weak at the knees when I see a bookshelf full of Hero and other RPG books. It's definitely irrational.

I am now just a few books short of having a complete 1-4e collection.  The same goes for 5e if only counting stuff published by Hero Games (mostly just missing a few Star Hero books, Hudson City and Mystic World).  6e is complete as far as stuff published by Hero Games.  There is a lot of 3rd party 6e stuff I'd like to get but just can't afford to right now.  Plus, i'd have to find a bigger bookshelf as there is barely any room left now.  I'll post new pics when the last batch from ebay arrives.

HM

I'm so envious. I've built up and sold off several collections through the years, and now have a lot of pdfs and a small number of hard copy books.

And even though I have all I need, practically speaking, I still go weak at the knees when I see a bookshelf full of Hero and other RPG books. It's definitely irrational.

Oh, if you want to see some SERIOUS gaming collections take a look at the posts in this thread from RPGgeek:

http://rpggeek.com/thread/1520548/qotd-feb-5-what-do-your-gaming-bookshelves-look

I think one of the poster's gaming room is bigger than my apartment.

:D

HM

That's an unusual collection! Do you buy a copy of the main rulebook for each of your players to use?

I like to have extras for people to use/borrow, plus I bought a couple replacements when my original copies started to fall apart (the 6E books and the 4E books had that in common--a problem with the binding coming unglued). Personally, I'd love it if my players would have bought copies for their own use, but as it was I had to practically drag some of them kicking and screaming into the light of HERO... They're smart people, good gamers, but they have a tough time grokking the way the game works. 

I see Deluxe around from time to time. Not so many Softcovers, for some reason. But they're out there!

I have both because my soft cover fell apart and I had to repair it with duct tape.  Still got it though. And champs I-III and 3rd edition with the Viper's Nest module :)  I can't keep up with the publishing these days, though. I'm just glad I got stuff like Valley of Mystery and Strike Force when they came out.

For me, I am lucky if I get to play in any game I would like to buy; so, I have owned a lot system and a lot supplements to those systems that I have never played.  I live in a small city in northeast Oklahoma.  There just aren't that many people who play RPGs around here and many of those who do aren't into what I am into.

• 2 weeks later...

And the order still hasn't arrived!

HM :think::cry::hex:

attachicon.gifClearwater by way of Richmond part2.jpg

Has the package made its way to you yet, HM?

Not yet.

After seeing my package stuck in Jacksonville for several days I finally ended up spending nearly an hour on the phone Tuesday night calling the USPS.  I was on hold for nearly 40 minutes until I finally spoke to someone.  They were extremely nice. I gave them both my current tracking# and one from a few months ago where a similar back and forth occurred between JAX and California.  They suggested that the addresses on the shipping label might both be at the same horizontal level on the box.  I pointed out that if that was the cause then why is only the JAX distribution center having an issue with the package.  They noted my complaint and gave me a ticket#.  I then got a call Thursday morning from someone at USPS asking for the tracking number(s).  I explained my surprise since I had provided both examples to the phone rep the other night.  Luckily I had forwarded them to my e-mail so I gave the info again.  Now the package has finally made it to Tampa so maybe I'll get the books on Monday or Tuesday.

post-2288-0-87035300-1462070989.jpg

HM :joint::wacko::idjit::celebrate

post-2288-0-87035300-1462070989_thumb.jpg

So I get a text while I'm at work this morning - USPS... Delivered, Frt Dsk/Rcption 5/2/2016 10:25am.

So I think "Yay!" and go to my apartment during lunch (something I normally do anyway since I live only 7 miles from work, 5 of which is crossing a bridge) and head to the mailboxes first just to check.  There are a couple of letters and no key to one of the bigger package boxes so I head over to the office which is close by.  They don't have ANY packages either!? I explain that I've been waiting on a package for over a month and show them the postal confirmation text. They apologize but can't help me.  So I head over to my apartment. And the package is sitting by the door!  I am happy and pissed at the same time. If someone had walked by and taken it before I came home I'd be screwed.  I called the office and explain what happened and asked them to say something to the postman the next chance they get.  What's the point of having the big package boxes if they won't use them?  I really don't want to have to use FedEx or UPS because my work schedule is 9am-6pm, the same hours as the Apt Complex Office.  The ONLY time I can get packages from them is during my lunch break. I guess I'll have to have stuff delivered to my work from now on.

Looking at the address label on the box I see what happened to cause such a long delay.

post-2288-0-71279500-1462232148.jpg

Like the USPS call center rep suggested last week, the FROM and TO addresses being on the same line or same sticker were likely confusing some of the sorting machinery (mostly in Jacksonville it appears).

Now I only need a few more 5e Star Hero books and Champions Deluxe 4e to have a complete collection of books actually published by HERO Games that spans 1e-6e.  I'll post proper collection pics later tonight.

HM :celebrate

post-2288-0-71279500-1462232148_thumb.jpg