Wonder Woman

Greywind

I'm more likely to believe that it was a joint choice as the scene with the photo IIRC was at the tail end of the BvS shoot and one of the first things shot for WW. I recall that Zac has a cameo in that scene.

Or, that the photo was added to BvS after it was filmed for WW, meaning the production of it is with WW, and independent of the shooting/production of BvS.

Either way, WW1 was decided, and I'm sure Patty had some say in that decision. 

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Cassandra said:

Which makes Wonder Woman responsible for all the horrors of World War Two because of her unwillingness to get involved.

Thanks to the retcon, we don't know that she was unwilling to get involved. She may have been unable to. Or she did get involved, but in a way that somehow did not make it into the history books or on film (yay magic!). I mean, yes, they definitely have some 'splainin' to do now, but presumably they are aware of this and are working on it. Or, they're just hoping nobody will really care.

8 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

What seems pointless to some is really annoying to others.  Seeing german soldiers in a WWI trench with WW2 Nazi helmets is incredibly annoying to a historian or buff.  Its like Superman showing up with Power Girl's costume on.

The German helmets are stormtrooper ones and these originated in the First World War. It's perfectly acceptable.

50 minutes ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

What seems pointless to some is really annoying to others.  Seeing german soldiers in a WWI trench with WW2 Nazi helmets is incredibly annoying to a historian or buff.  Its like Superman showing up with Power Girl's costume on.

Admittedly I do have to leave my IT security occupation at home when I go to see any action or SF film.  To which helmets are you referring?

4 hours ago, Starlord said:

It wasn't just the helmets, this woman (shown below) kept appearing and ruined the historical authenticity of this WW1 documentary for me.  Its like they were showing a completely alternate universe or something!

368A668600000578-0-image-a-10_1469304088

Sould have a warning label beforehand, or something. 

That sounds like a shrewd move to me. The DCEU is probably a lost cause; DC/WB should cut their losses while they can and just focus on making good individual movies, rather than trying to build a shared universe, something they've been completely incompetent at doing thus far.

23 hours ago, Old Man said:

I was under the impression that the Huns fielded two or three helmet variants during that war.  I don't think they all had the bolts.

As I take a closer look (with my glasses on this time) at the bottom pic, those do look like they're bolts. First, the position is the same as on the historical pic. Second, if you look at the guy on the left side, you can see the slight bulge of the bolt breaking the line of the helmet against the background.

On 1/3/2018 at 6:08 PM, Old Man said:

I was under the impression that the Huns fielded two or three helmet variants during that war.  I don't think they all had the bolts.

I was under the impression that they started with the Pickelhaube (hope I spelt that right) helmet but they ended up switching it out because it was absolutely useless for protecting the head.  The helmet design associated with the Nazis started use at the end of WW1, since it actually provided better protection.

Part of the confusion, I think, is that longcoats and knee-high boots are more closely associated with WW2. German field kits of WW1 were more commonly waistcoats and knee-high socks. The Germans in Veld definitely looked more like their future Wehrmacht brethren than like typical WW1 Grenadiers (which they would have been given that they were merely an occupation garrison of less than company strength).