Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

9 hours ago, Tech priest support said:

TMW2011_04_13_550.jpg

The more things change, the more they stay the same. Jonathan Swift's "A Modest Proposal" (1729) was a satirical essay suggesting that the impoverished Irish might ease their economic troubles by selling their children as food for rich gentlemen and ladies.

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

8 hours ago, Old Man said:

Hey man, um... you, uh, think you could get me into that club sometime?

Act polite and don't be insane.  It's not like you have to actually know any canadian to pass as one in the US... :winkgrin:

Don't worry LL, we're just trying to emulate the good stuff and not do anything US like while in disguise.

So Flynn has pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI in an obvious plea deal.  He'll get minimum jail time on the one charge and, presumably, he and his son will escape charges on the money laundering and Turkish kidnapping projects they were up to their eyeballs in.  ABC News reports that Flynn will testify that Trump personally directed him to make contact with the Russians during the campaign.

Meanwhile, Congress prepares to pass a tax bill that will add one trillion dollars per year! to the national debt.  Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Party Of Fiscal Responsibility.  I don't even see how they could possibly pass that under reconciliation, but then again when have rules applied to the GOP?

21 hours ago, Old Man said:

Despite that one irrelevant error, ABC News as a whole does not have a track record of inaccuracy that even approaches that of a certain other cable news channel.

Brian Ross issued an on air correction where he makes it clear that Flynn talked to the Russians after the election when Trump was President-Elect, and not a "Candidate."

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 7:14 PM, lemming said:

Act polite and don't be insane.  It's not like you have to actually know any canadian to pass as one in the US... :winkgrin:

Don't worry LL, we're just trying to emulate the good stuff and not do anything US like while in disguise.

I've been asked if I was Canadian. I was also once asked if I was British, apparently because I can talk in complete and grammatically correct sentences.

It's a funny world sometimes.

Dean Shomshak