Political Discussion Thread (With Rules)

Simon

Meanwhile, Trump is attacking the media for not showing the "million and a half people" that he saw at his inauguration, instead showing empty fields.

Trump tells CIA employees he thought he saw million or million and a half people at inauguration.  Complains media showed empty fields.

I'm guessing that this is just like how he saw thousands of Muslims in New Jersey dancing and celebrating on 9-11.

Meanwhile, Trump is attacking the media for not showing the "million and a half people" that he saw at his inauguration, instead showing empty fields.

I'm guessing that this is just like how he saw thousands of Muslims in New Jersey dancing and celebrating on 9-11.

How do you make the trains run on time? You lie about the schedule! That's how Mussolini did it in Italy.

I don't mean to be adversarial, but I do wonder what some of these young women's opinions about Bill Clinton's doings.  Makes me wonder if Bill Clinton was President today, if the impeachment would have been more successful.

I'd assume they wouldn't approve. He did have the advantage of supporting their reproductive rights and health in policy issues, as opposed to Trump who does not. So it's not surprising that they are more heated at the consistent misogynistic behavior than at the hypocrisy of supporting policy but not behaving consistent with that stance. But yeah, he did bad things as well.

I sometimes think Donald Trump lives in a comic-book world. Not that he's a Lex Luthor type, but rather that he believes the world is a lot simpler and more direct than it actually is. That seems to be the premise of his entire election campaign -- people make things too complicated, so let's boil them down into decisions you can make in ten to fifteen minutes based on solid, immutable guidelines that never change regardless of circumstances. Which is how a comic-book universe seems to work in a lot of ways.

Ideally one would think he would grow out of that with experience, but so far he's giving the impression that he just doesn't care about any details beyond the broad strokes and clear, unbreakable lines of judgment,

I sometimes think Donald Trump lives in a comic-book world. Not that he's a Lex Luthor type, but rather that he believes the world is a lot simpler and more direct than it actually is. That seems to be the premise of his entire election campaign -- people make things too complicated, so let's boil them down into decisions you can make in ten to fifteen minutes based on solid, immutable guidelines that never change regardless of circumstances. Which is how a comic-book universe seems to work in a lot of ways.

Trump could never be a comic book supervillain--he's not believable in any way.

Her power set apparently includes "Alternative Facts": 2d6 Mind Control, incantations throughout, only to convince of truth for obvious falsehoods, Side effect (2d6 PRE drain if does not achieve +20).

Yeah, the "alternative facts" thing is just deeply insulting. It's like they're not even making a pretense any more.

I suspect that Donald Trump has never really had to deal with the personal consequences of his failures. He's been shielded from them by his family's wealth and status, and his lawyers' cleverness in shifting the consequences to someone else. This may have led him to believe escaping failure without consequence is the same as success. Unfortunately the people who'll be hurt by his failures as President are hundreds of millions of Americans, to whom he's accountable as an elected official. On the whole Americans love winners, but are notoriously rough on losers.